✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
(Old Testament | Genesis 1:26 - 27)

26 ¶ And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

That says absolutely NOTHING about a heavenly wife!

Who created men and women? God, not some goddess!

And there is no Mormon scripture that mentioned a heavenly mother in ALL the years that I was a Mormon!

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Are you suggesting that there is more than one unforgivable sin? Why not make it four unforgivable sins? Father, son, holy ghost and heavenly mother? I think, perhaps, that the real reason he won't tell us her name is because he'd have to tell each of us which of his wives was actually our mother.
First we have NO doctrine that God has more than one wife. Second since we do not know the name of God's wife there is only one unforgivable sin.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You speculated, but didn't claim you were speculating: "God would not forgive anyone who took the name of His wife in vain."
The Bible states:
(New Testament | Matthew 12:32)

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
I believe that God's wife is as important to Him as is the Holy Ghost, perhaps even more important.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Why would the Mormon god have only one wife?

While on his mission, [Harold B.]Lee met a sister missionary from Utah, Fern Lucinda Tanner. They renewed their acquaintance when they returned from their missions and were married on November 14, 1923 in the Salt Lake Temple. Fern died in 1962 and on June 17, 1963 Lee married Freda Joan Jensen, a former mission companion's girlfriend who had never married. She died on July 1, 1981.[2]
Harold B. Lee - Wikipedia

He also married the second wife for time and eternity.

Prophet Harold B. Lee wrote:
My lovely Joan was sent to me: So Joan joins Fern
That three might be, more fitted for eternity.
“O Heavenly Father, my thanks to thee”
(Deseret News 1974 Church Almanac, p. 17)

Howard W. Hunter was married first to Clara Jeffs on November 14, 1923 in the Salt Lake Temple. His first wife died in 1983. He married Inis Bernice Egan on April 12, 1990 in the Salt Lake Temple.

Those are only two examples.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The Bible states:

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
I believe that God's wife is as important to Him as is the Holy Ghost, perhaps even more important.

So you're saying that his son Jesus isn't important?

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Why would the Mormon god have only one wife?

While on his mission, [Harold B.]Lee met a sister missionary from Utah, Fern Lucinda Tanner. They renewed their acquaintance when they returned from their missions and were married on November 14, 1923 in the Salt Lake Temple. Fern died in 1962 and on June 17, 1963 Lee married Freda Joan Jensen, a former mission companion's girlfriend who had never married. She died on July 1, 1981.[2]
Harold B. Lee - Wikipedia

He also married the second wife for time and eternity.

Prophet Harold B. Lee wrote:
My lovely Joan was sent to me: So Joan joins Fern
That three might be, more fitted for eternity.
“O Heavenly Father, my thanks to thee”
(Deseret News 1974 Church Almanac, p. 17)

Howard W. Hunter was married first to Clara Jeffs on November 14, 1923 in the Salt Lake Temple. His first wife died in 1983. He married Inis Bernice Egan on April 12, 1990 in the Salt Lake Temple.

Those are only two examples.
I am sure everything will be worked out eventually. I know women that have been married to many men and men who have been married to many women. I also know lots of people who never got married. There will be a lot of work being done in the millennium.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The Bible states:

You said:

Just because you believe something based on non-scripture does not make it true!

Christian Bible may hurt you with the truth.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I am sure everything will be worked out eventually. I know women that have been married to many men and men who have been married to many women. I also know lots of people who never got married. There will be a lot of work being done in the millennium.

Who said anything about that? What needs to be worked out?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Who said anything about that? What needs to be worked out?
Baptism for the dead for one thing:

(New Testament | 1 Corinthians 15:29)

29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?

But that is not all:

(New Testament | Matthew 16:19)

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible states:

Holy Ghost - important
Heavenly mom - important
Jesus - not so important???

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mother in Heaven

(Old Testament | Genesis 1:26 - 27)

26 ¶ And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
That scripture would be in regard to Jesus through whom all things come. "Let us". Jesus fulfilled OT prophesies. There is nothing written about a heavenly Mother in the OT.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
That scripture would be in regard to Jesus through whom all things come. "Let us". Jesus fulfilled OT prophesies. There is nothing written about a heavenly Mother in the OT.
That is a mater of opinion.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
That is a mater of opinion.
No, not really. We have scripture that talks about the Son being involved in creation. We have scripture talking about the Father being involved in scripture. Even the Holy Spirit. What we don’t have is anything about a Heavenly Mother being involved. In fact, there is nothing in scripture about her, nor in Joseph Smith’s writings.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
No, not really. We have scripture that talks about the Son being involved in creation. We have scripture talking about the Father being involved in scripture. Even the Holy Spirit. What we don’t have is anything about a Heavenly Mother being involved. In fact, there is nothing in scripture about her, nor in Joseph Smith’s writings.
Only if you believe that Eve is in the image of God the Father and not her Mother.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States