Mar 2, 2013
✟290,868.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I find it hard to believe that Eve is in the likeness of the Godhead, they are all male. That is a very strange perception.
If women have nothing to do with the image of God why do they have to worship him?

Reactions: dzheremi
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
hā·’ā·ḏām is not translated as mankind in any of the translations of the Bible for Genesis 1:27.
If that’s your stance, then every time you see “man”, you will need to assume it means “male human”. Are you prepared to be that consistent?

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
If that’s your stance, then every time you see “man”, you will need to assume it means “male human”. Are you prepared to be that consistent?
The word hā·’ā·ḏām not translated as mankind in any of the 136 occurrences in KJV.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The word hā·’ā·ḏām not translated as mankind in any of the 136 occurrences in KJV.
It is used in other ways, but let’s move on.

For the sake of argument, let’s say you are correct. Let’s look at what it says.

“So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1:27‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Is Heavenly Mother God?

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
It is used in other ways, but let’s move on.

For the sake of argument, let’s say you are correct. Let’s look at what it says.

“So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1:27‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Is Heavenly Mother God?
I haven't seen any church doctrine on whether She is a God or not. My belief is that She is a Goddess.

• Informative
Reactions: gentlejah
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
hā·’ā·ḏām is not translated as mankind in any of the translations of the Bible for Genesis 1:27.

Wrong!!! Adam does not man---it means human!

27 and~he~will~SHAPE(V) (וַיִּבְרָא / wai'yiv'ra) Elohiym (אֱלֹהִים / e'lo'him) AT (אֶת / et) the~HUMAN (הָאָדָם / ha'a'dam) in~IMAGE~him (בְּצַלְמוֹ / bê'tsal'mo) in~IMAGE (בְּצֶלֶם / bê'tse'lem) Elohiym (אֱלֹהִים / e'lo'him) he~did~SHAPE(V) (בָּרָא / ba'ra) AT~him (אֹתוֹ / o'to) MALE (זָכָר / za'khar) and~FEMALE (וּנְקֵבָה / un'qey'vah) he~did~SHAPE(V) (בָּרָא / ba'ra) AT~them(m) (אֹתָם / o'tam)

RMT: and Elohiym shaped the human in his image, in the image of Elohiym he shaped him, male and female he shaped them,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I haven't seen any church doctrine on whether She is a God or not. My belief is that She is a Goddess.

She doesn't exist. Goddesses are from mythology.

• Agree
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Woman given to man to be a “helpmeet,” 29; true, seeks to perfect eternal nature, 21; given to man in divine order, 37; should be neither forced to marry or remain against her will, 40; is product of man, 40; origin of supposed curse on, 42; justified in binding self to husband’s law, 47; cannot serve two stewards, 51; is alone until she marries, 61; needs man to be fulffilled as a woman, 61; carnally minded, without God in the world, 63; who puts heart on worldly marriage is to be pittied, 67...

Rodney Turner, Woman and the Priesthood, 1972, p. 332

...to be continued.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Wrong!!! Adam does not man---it means human!

27 and~he~will~SHAPE(V) (וַיִּבְרָא / wai'yiv'ra) Elohiym (אֱלֹהִים / e'lo'him) AT (אֶת / et) the~HUMAN (הָאָדָם / ha'a'dam) in~IMAGE~him (בְּצַלְמוֹ / bê'tsal'mo) in~IMAGE (בְּצֶלֶם / bê'tse'lem) Elohiym (אֱלֹהִים / e'lo'him) he~did~SHAPE(V) (בָּרָא / ba'ra) AT~him (אֹתוֹ / o'to) MALE (זָכָר / za'khar) and~FEMALE (וּנְקֵבָה / un'qey'vah) he~did~SHAPE(V) (בָּרָא / ba'ra) AT~them(m) (אֹתָם / o'tam)

RMT: and Elohiym shaped the human in his image, in the image of Elohiym he shaped him, male and female he shaped them,

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

male and female he shaped them,
You have a most interesting way of avoiding the truth even in your own posts!

• Haha
Reactions: Tra Phull
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
male and female he shaped them,
You have a most interesting way of avoiding the truth even in your own posts!
RMT Genesis 1:1
in the summit “Elohiym [Powers]” fattened the sky and the land,

So much for created, I wonder what Isaiah 42:5 says in the RTM?

Upvote 0

Tra Phull

Ecumenical Loose Canon
Oct 24, 2019
Waco
✟45,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Father, Son and Holy Spirit are worshipped, according to Nicene Creed.

Mom and/or Moms are cheated out of worship in this Mormon view, besides being absent from the Bible.

The only feminine figure in the Bible that comes anywhere close to a GODDESS is Holy Wisdom in Proverbs 8, but this seems metaphorical
Nevertheless I will ask - is there any relation between Mormon H.M. and Holy Wisdom as described in Proverbs 8 ?

Upvote 0