Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They don't want to talk about that and will tell you that they don't know how it was done. If you want to know more I can research it for exact LDS quotes.
They will tell me that they don't know how that was done? Funny, God is not a God of confusion. Monogamy is a sin is it not?? Why then would God promise a planet with with multiple wives and you being lord of that planet impregnate all your wives and have loads of children.
Wasn't Joseph smith killed in prison. Rumour and it wouldn't surprise me is that some members in prison ganged up on him and killed him because not only was he banging everybody's wife, but interfering with their young girls too?

To furthermore my point, we the creation are to give God glory, why would God let us be our own Gods? Thank God you are free from such deception

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The "trend" is believing the Father is the Father of all.
Kind of contradicts the very first verse in 1 john
In the beginning was the word. And the word was with God and the word was God. Trinity right there baby

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
They will tell me that they don't know how that was done? Funny, God is not a God of confusion. Monogamy is a sin is it not?? Why then would God promise a planet with with multiple wives and you being lord of that planet impregnate all your wives and have loads of children.
Wasn't Joseph smith killed in prison. Rumour and it wouldn't surprise me is that some members in prison ganged up on him and killed him because not only was he banging everybody's wife, but interfering with their young girls too?

To furthermore my point, we the creation are to give God glory, why would God let us be our own Gods?

In all fairness. He was murdered by angry townspeople as he had destroyed a printing press highly critical of him---owned by Mormons highly critical of him. It is way too bad that they did that in more ways than one--they were guilty of murder, but it also deprived everybody of having him go to trial and that would have been far more interesting.
God is not going to let us be our own God's for the simple reason that He alone is God and none but Him can be God. See, they teach that we are literal children of God and that God was once human and He became god and thus so can we for we are made of the same stuff as He which goes totally against scripture.

• Agree
Reactions: Jonathan Leo
Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
They will tell me that they don't know how that was done?
The scriptural knowledge is right there in Luke 1:26–38.
Why then would God promise a planet with with multiple wives and you being lord of that planet impregnate all your wives and have loads of children.
Again, that's not actual LDS beliefs. I previously posted a link addressing that misconception Becoming Like God
To furthermore my point, we the creation are to give God glory, why would God let us be our own Gods?
That is also addressed in the above link.
Thank God you are free from such deception
Jonathan, with all due respect to whoever give you this "information" about LDS beliefs, they were extremely misinformed-- these are all anti-Mormon falsehoods designed to deceive non-LDS Christians and offend LDS folks. Are you interested in getting your facts straight?

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
In all fairness. He was murdered by angry townspeople as he had destroyed a printing press highly critical of him---owned by Mormons highly critical of him. It is way too bad that they did that in more ways than one--they were guilty of murder, but it also deprived everybody of having him go to trial and that would have been far more interesting.
God is not going to let us be our own God's for the simple reason that He alone is God and none but Him can be God. See, they teach that we are literal children of God and that God was once human and He became god and thus so can we for we are made of the same stuff as He which goes totally against scripture.
If JS would have gone to trial, he would have been found not guilty. Just like the last 100 trials. That is the reason that the governor changed the charge from destruction of property to treason. It was because it was legal at that time for the mayor and town council to make decisions about businesses in their community that was causing problems. The very same thing happened to a Mormon press a few years before this happened and there was no redress of that incident even though the press was totally destroyed and some of the employees were roughed up, and the building was burned down.

And he was not murdered by angry townspeople. He was murdered by a group of men called the Carthage Greys, a militia group from all over the area except Nauvoo. Nobody in Nauvoo was enlisted in the Carthage Greys. The Carthage Greys were put in charge of the safety of JS while the governor of Illinois visited JS wife in Nauvoo. He was murdered in Carthage, about 20 miles from Nauvoo. So don't get the story too far off of the truth.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The scriptural knowledge is right there in Luke 1:26–38.

Again, that's not actual LDS beliefs. I previously posted a link addressing that misconception Becoming Like God

That is also addressed in the above link.

Jonathan, with all due respect to whoever give you this "information" about LDS beliefs, they were extremely misinformed-- these are all anti-Mormon falsehoods designed to deceive non-LDS Christians and offend LDS folks. Are you interested in getting your facts straight?
Your right, I haven't studied their beliefs. I have just watched YouTube and listened to other Christians. Maybe I should read their book and then will know how they contradict scripture.

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
What about God coming down and impregnating Mary and that's how Jesus was born??

Brigham Young said, in a nutshell, that what happened between God and Mary happened via "natural means" and that people were wasting their time disputing what happened and how.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
LOL! You say that Jesus and Satan and us are brothers then you claim distortion for those who say that Jesus and Satan and us are brothers!!
You say that Jesus is the Son of God and heavenly mother---We are all the sons and daughters of God and heavenly mother, Lucifer was the Son of God and heavenly mother. So just exactly where is the distortion???
You have read it wrong. She said all of us are brothers and sisters on a spiritual level, meaning that Jesus and satan are our brother also.

The distortion comes by leaving us out of it and just focusing on Jesus and satan. The distortion happens when you say that Jesus and satan are brothers without including all of us too. Although it is true, it is a distortion of the whole truth and meant for a shock tactic.

• Agree
Reactions: Jane_Doe
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
“Christ was begotten by an Immortal Father in the same way that mortal men are begotten by mortal fathers”. Mormon Doctrine, pp. 546-547.

They hem and haw about it and you can not get them to state anything other than this and they claim that they do not know what that means. But there is only one way to interprets "same way that mortal men are begotten by mortal fathers”.

• Informative
Reactions: Liza B.
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Your right, I haven't studied their beliefs. I have just watched YouTube and listened to other Christians. Maybe I should read their book and then will know how they contradict scripture.
I agree, if you want to know about Mormonism you do not go to anti-Mormon sites and people. You go to Mormon people and books that are written by Mormons. The Book of Mormon is a good place to start.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
“Christ was begotten by an Immortal Father in the same way that mortal men are begotten by mortal fathers”. Mormon Doctrine, pp. 546-547.

They hem and haw about it and you can not get them to state anything other than this and they claim that they do not know what that means. But there is only one way to interprets "same way that mortal men are begotten by mortal fathers”.
Mmksparbud, you're not even quoting an LDS church source.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
Your right, I haven't studied their beliefs. I have just watched YouTube and listened to other Christians.
Yeah, those sources gave you horrible blatantly false information. Note-- they could have done this completely innocently, not knowing that information was false in the first place. That's why it's best just to get things from a firsthand source: aka ask a Mormon to explain Mormon beliefs, Baptist Baptist beliefs, Catholic Catholic, etc.
Maybe I should read their book and then will know how they contradict scripture.
Or you could just read to actually understand what LDS believe.... or ask questions, or visit a church service, or many other means.

• Agree
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
If JS would have gone to trial, he would have been found not guilty. Just like the last 100 trials. That is the reason that the governor changed the charge from destruction of property to treason. It was because it was legal at that time for the mayor and town council to make decisions about businesses in their community that was causing problems. The very same thing happened to a Mormon press a few years before this happened and there was no redress of that incident even though the press was totally destroyed and some of the employees were roughed up, and the building was burned down.

And he was not murdered by angry townspeople. He was murdered by a group of men called the Carthage Greys, a militia group from all over the area except Nauvoo. Nobody in Nauvoo was enlisted in the Carthage Greys. The Carthage Greys were put in charge of the safety of JS while the governor of Illinois visited JS wife in Nauvoo. He was murdered in Carthage, about 20 miles from Nauvoo. So don't get the story too far off of the truth.

Joseph Smith, founder of Mormon Church, and his brother Hyrum Smith were shot today in the old Carthage jail.
The Mormon Church was headquartered in Nauvoo in 1839. When Mormon leaders destroyed an anti-Mormon newspaper in Nauvoo, the Smiths were jailed at Carthage to await trial. Illinois Governor Thomas Ford ordered the Carthage Grays militia unit to guard the jail from an anti-Mormon mob. The mob overpowered the guard (some believe the guard joined the mob), entered the jail, shot the Smiths, and wounded another Mormon, John Taylor.
Carthage, Hancock County, IL, USA

Shortly after 5:00 p.m. a large force of armed men with blackened faces rushed the jail. Overcoming token resistance by the Greys, some of the mob entered the building, ascended the stairs to the landing just outside the upstairs bedroom, and commenced shooting into the room through the closed door. Hyrum Smith, patriarch to the church and associate President in the Church's First Presidency, was gunned down. John Taylor was critically wounded,
Carthage Jail - The Encyclopedia of Mormonism

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Mmksparbud, you're not even quoting an LDS church source.

And since when is McConkie not an LDS source??

“I know that my Redeemer liveth!”

This testimony—central to the life, the words, and the mission of Elder Bruce R. McConkie of the Quorum of the Twelve—was expressed in word and song at his memorial services 23 April 1985 in the Salt Lake Tabernacle.

Speaking in general conference less than two weeks earlier, Elder McConkie had repeated the witness he gave the Church for almost four decades as a General Authority: “As pertaining to Jesus Christ, I testify that he is the Son of the Living God and was crucified for the sins of the world. He is our Lord, our God, and our King. This I know of myself independent of any other person.” (Ensign, May 1985, p. 11.)

McConkie was ordained to the Seventy and called to the First Council of the Seventy in 1946. He served this position until 1972. During that time he was also President of the Australia South Mission from 1961-1964. In 1972 McConkie was ordained an Apostle and sustained to the Twelve Apostles. He served in this position until his death in 1985.

McConkie's father-in-law was President Joseph Fielding Smith, from whom is "said to have spoken of Elder McConkie that he was the greatest theologian of his generation in the Church". [1]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, those sources gave you horrible blatantly false information. Note-- they could have done this completely innocently, not knowing that information was false in the first place. That's why it's best just to get things from a firsthand source: aka ask a Mormon to explain Mormon beliefs, Baptist Baptist beliefs, Catholic Catholic, etc.

Or you could just read to actually understand what LDS believe.... or ask questions, or visit a church service, or many other means.

Sometimes the only way to get to the real information about them is to go to the anti-sites and then follow the quotes they post to the actual LDS quotes. They get so very much into trying to sound mainline Christian that they hide what they truly believe in "Christianese" for the general public. It's sometimes impossible to go directly to the LDS.org site to get to what you want to know. I prefer to not go to any anti sites about anybody, but sometimes it gets you to where you need to go to from there own books and doctrines.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married

If God had sex with Mary, she would no longer be a virgin. Therefore the bible would be lying about that conception. There are other ways to impregnate women that our doctors know, that would not inhibit her virginity. If our doctors know those ways, surely God would know those ways. It was done by 'natural means', meaning sperm and egg were used to fertilize an egg just like normal, and the growth of the baby took its natural course until Jesus was born by vaginal birth.

We dont talk that much about it because it is quite a sacred happening and the child was literally the only begotten Son of God. The short definition of 'begotten' is: from 2 comes 1. From The Highest, and from Mary came Jesus, of natural birth.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
And since when is McConkie not an LDS source??
The book "Mormon Doctrine" is not an LDS publication, and hence not remotely an actual LDS source. This is well known in LDS circles, heck even the Wikipedia article will tell you that. But many anti-Mormon websites will quote it as if it was an actual LDS source. This of course, misleads non-LDS folks who do not know the book isn't remotely an LDS publication (and how would some random non-LDS person know that?).

This is one example why it's just best to go to real first-hand sources and just ask when you're trying to understand what someone believes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree, if you want to know about Mormonism you do not go to anti-Mormon sites and people. You go to Mormon people and books that are written by Mormons. The Book of Mormon is a good place to start.
Thanks guys, it was foolish of me to watch YouTube hate sites to get info.
Best info is a direct source

• Friendly
Reactions: Jane_Doe
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
McConkie was ordained to the Seventy and called to the First Council of the Seventy in 1946. He served this position until 1972. During that time he was also President of the Australia South Mission from 1961-1964. In 1972 McConkie was ordained an Apostle and sustained to the Twelve Apostles. He served in this position until his death in 1985.

McConkie's father-in-law was President Joseph Fielding Smith, from whom is "said to have spoken of Elder McConkie that he was the greatest theologian of his generation in the Church". [1]

If this Mormon can't be trusted to speak about your believes---no Mormon can, even you. The lds,org site quotes him incessantly!!
Search

You guys do this all the time---when something is said you will claim it is not by LDS source even when it is posted from lds.org. Why is it OK for your official site to quote him, but we can not??

This is from:
LDS Church, (Mormon) views on Jesus' paternity, conception, and birthday

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints teaches that God "has a body that looks like ours..." 6 This teaching deviates from the beliefs of essentially all other Christian denominations, who believe that God is a spirit.

From this belief that God has a body of flesh and bone, some Mormons have inferred from statements by respected leaders of the church that God came to Earth, and actually engaged in sexual activity with Mary in order to impregnate her. Some conservative Christian counter-cult groups state, incorrectly, that God the Father's literal paternity of Yeshua remains the current official teaching of the LDS. In fact:

topbul1d.gif
It was never an official declared church belief, in spite of statements by the founder of the LDS Church and other leaders.
topbul1d.gif
It has not been stressed at the local level in recent years.
topbul1d.gif
It is no longer widely believed in the Church.
topbul1d.gif
Relatively few contemporary Mormons, including missionaries, are aware that this was once a widely held belief.

Many counter cult groups believe that all statements by Joseph Smith and other church presidents are binding on the church and reflect current church doctrine. In reality, there are many beliefs expressed by early LDS leaders that have been abandoned and are no longer recognized by the present-day church. Some, in fact, have never accepted as valid.

You guys can't even trust your own leaders to state what you believe!!! Why believe what JS says when you can't even trust him? Why believe in Young when you can't believe him, and why believe in the lastest theories when on down the road they won't be true either??!!

• Winner
Reactions: BigDaddy4
Upvote 0