Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
There are many antichrists.

1Jn 2:22  Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 
1Jn 2:23  Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. 

Rev 2:9  I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. 

Rev 3:9  Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee. 

Some of them claim to be Jews.

Rom 2:28  For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 

Rom 2:29  But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God. 

baberean2,

1. There are many Antichrist and I have always said that.
There is also The Antichrist which is the son of perdition who sits in the temple making himself God at the AOD in 2Thessalonians The Beast of Revelation 13.

2. There are Zionist that are part of the synogogue of Satan called the illuminati like Henry Kissinger.

3. The guy on the video says that Israel stole the land in 1967. The truth was that it was Israel's land to begin with.
He showed no scriptural proof.
So what is your point? Jerry kelso

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The guy on the video says that Israel stole the land in 1967. The truth was that it was Israel's land to begin with.
He showed no scriptural proof.

The kingdom was taken from the nation which rejected the "chief cornerstone" in the passage below.

Mat 21:37  But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son. 
Mat 21:38  But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance. 
Mat 21:39  And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him. 
Mat 21:40  When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen? 
Mat 21:41  They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons. 
Mat 21:42  Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes? 
Mat 21:43  Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (How could the words of Christ be any clearer?)
Mat 21:44  And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder. 
Mat 21:45  And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them. (The Pharisees clearly understood these words of Christ.)

The kingdom was given to the nation which accepted the "chief cornerstone" in the passage below.

1Pe 2:4  To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious, 
1Pe 2:5  Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. 
1Pe 2:6  Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded. 
1Pe 2:7  Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, 
1Pe 2:8  And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed. 
1Pe 2:9  But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: 
1Pe 2:10  Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy. 

The saddest part of the modern land struggle is that many of the Arab Christians whose families had been on the land for hundreds of years, were also forced to leave their homes in some communities.

That piece of land belongs to Jesus Christ.
He is the "son" who is "heir" to the land in Matthew chapter 21.
He paid for it with His Blood.

Once again, you are attempting to replace the One Seed, with the many seeds in Galatians 3:16.
This is the worst type of "Replacement Theology".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The kingdom was taken from the nation which rejected the "chief cornerstone" in the passage below.

Mat 21:37  But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son. 
Mat 21:38  But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance. 
Mat 21:39  And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him. 
Mat 21:40  When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen? 
Mat 21:41  They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons. 
Mat 21:42  Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes? 
Mat 21:43  Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (How could the words of Christ be any clearer?)
Mat 21:44  And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder. 
Mat 21:45  And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them. (The Pharisees clearly understood these words of Christ.)

The kingdom was given to the nation which accepted the "chief cornerstone" in the passage below.

1Pe 2:4  To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious, 
1Pe 2:5  Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. 
1Pe 2:6  Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded. 
1Pe 2:7  Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, 
1Pe 2:8  And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed. 
1Pe 2:9  But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: 
1Pe 2:10  Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy. 

The saddest part of the modern land struggle is that many of the Arab Christians whose families had been on the land for hundreds of years, were also forced to leave their homes in some communities.

That piece of land belongs to Jesus Christ.
He is the "son" who is "heir" to the land in Matthew chapter 21.
He paid for it with His Blood.

Once again, you are attempting to replace the One Seed, with the many seeds in Galatians 3:16.
This is the worst type of "Replacement Theology".

baberean2,

1. Jesus Christ owns the whole earth and universe.

2. Jesus paid for man's soul by his blood not for the land.

3. Jesus is the Kinsmen Redeemer of Ruth. And the promised land of Israel was promised to their lineage forever.

4. The Kingdom taken away and given to another nation was the spiritual aspect of the KoG not the physical KOG.
If it was the physical KoG the kingdom age of the first 1000 years would be over with and God would be all in all 1 Corinthians 15:24-28.
The GWTJ and death and hell would already be thrown into the lake of fire Revelation 20:13-15 and the New Heaven and the New Earth would be here which will be the perfect state.

5. The church made up of Jews and Gentiles today have the KoG in their hearts in peace, love, joy and the Holy Ghost. The term KoH is only used in the Gospel of Matthew in Jesus ministry under the law of Moses and the KoH and the KoG.
Acts 1:7 is the last time the KoH term is used and Jesus said it wasn't for the disciples to know when it would be set up. Why? Because that message was not for the church. Only salvation and things pertaining to it such as healing casting out demons etc., but never the physical kingdom because the KoH and the time of Jacob's trouble involves restoration of Israel and not the church.
The world's system is in control of the physical kingdom not the church.
You need to start paying attention to the distinction of the Kingdoms instead of thinking they are interchangeable in every scripture because they are not.

6. Galatians 3:16 has as one seed Jesus and all Christians are one in him as one body of Christ. This is a spiritual application of unity.

At the same time in 1Corinthians 14 There are many seeds as far as many Christians in one body which is a physical example.
O I am not replacing the one seed of Jesus Christ for no one can be saved by any other name.
I also know that as many Christians in one body we are spiritually one in unity.

7. You can be sorry for the Arabs but God says it don't belong to them because he gave it to the Jewish people and the Jewish people know this.

8. Until you make the distinctions between the KoH and the KoG, until you realize that Israel was never told to seek the KoH for salvation, until you understand that the KoG is what comes without observation and until you can comprehend that the KoG in its spiritual aspect according to salvation of bringing the fruits there in you will always miss the true interpretation of the word and its context. Jerry Kelso

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can be sorry for the Arabs but God says it don't belong to them because he gave it to the Jewish people and the Jewish people know this.

Are you saying that the modern State of Israel belongs to a group of people, based not on their relationship with God found in 1 John 2:22-23, but based on who their mother and father are no matter what 1 Timothy 1:4 says?

And how much of this Jewish DNA is required to give a person a piece of this land?

Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is also The Antichrist which is the son of perdition who sits in the temple making himself God at the AOD in 2Thessalonians

Jerry,

There is no mention or implication of Antichrist or the abomination of desolation in 2 Thess. 2. That is a dispensational innovation.

The temple in 2 Thess. 2:4 is a "naos" temple in the Greek. In every instance where Paul uses the term in his epistles, it is a reference to the spiritual temple of the believer, collectively the Church. It thus refers to an entity which took up spiritual residence within the Church, and usurped spiritual authority therein. It has nothing to do with a physical temple.

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying that the modern State of Israel belongs to a group of people, based not on their relationship with God found in 1 John 2:22-23, but based on who their mother and father are no matter what 1 Timothy 1:4 says?

And how much of this Jewish DNA is required to give a person a piece of this land?

baberean2,

1. Why do you make up questions that I have already answered?
In the tribulation the Jewish nation's light will almost be snuffed out.
This is in the time of Jacob's trouble Jeremiah 30:1-9; Ezekiel 37:16-28; Daniel 12:1; Revelation 12.
They will look upon the one whom they pierced Revelation 1:7.
This is the generation that will recognize their need for the suffering Savior and Repent and receiving the Conquering Savior at the same time which is a part of the kingdom message in Matthew 24:14.
I've said a thousand times that Israel must repent as a whole nation in order to inherit the promises. This is why Jesus said, Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth Matthew 5:5.

2. Matthew 24:15 talks about AOD that Daniel prophesied about God's holy people and the city and the transgressions needing repentance etc. Daniel 9:24. They are connected and Daniel 11:21-45 is about the Antichrist and in verse 31 talks about the AOD.
Daniel and Matthew are in agreement with each other.
Matthew 24:16-22 are also very clear about the Jews time of Jacob's trouble. Israel is to flee into the mountains, pray not that your flight is in the winter, neither on the sabbath day, Jacob's trouble in verse 22 and the Jewish elect.
There is no church age saints in this future tribulation. These are all connected to Daniel 9:24-27 and 11:21-45 and Daniel 12.

3. You don't think it has to do with blood line of the Jews and their nation and their city when God promised it to them not the church 2 Samuel 7:13-16.
It is clear that in Revelation 7 that tribes of Israel are in the tribulation and yet you want to infuse the bloodline of the church age saints which has Gentile blood in it because of your false spiritual Jew theory.

4. Why is it that the whole promise of the Davidic Covenant was to the Jewish nation and their physical posterity forever and yet you think one scripture of a spiritual analogy trumps God's unconditional covenant and moves it to the whole church? There is no scriptural back up for that. Jerry kelso

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,460.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
baberean2,

1. Jesus Christ owns the whole earth and universe.

2. Jesus paid for man's soul by his blood not for the land.

3. Jesus is the Kinsmen Redeemer of Ruth. And the promised land of Israel was promised to their lineage forever.

4. The Kingdom taken away and given to another nation was the spiritual aspect of the KoG not the physical KOG.
If it was the physical KoG the kingdom age of the first 1000 years would be over with and God would be all in all 1 Corinthians 15:24-28.
The GWTJ and death and hell would already be thrown into the lake of fire Revelation 20:13-15 and the New Heaven and the New Earth would be here which will be the perfect state.

5. The church made up of Jews and Gentiles today have the KoG in their hearts in peace, love, joy and the Holy Ghost. The term KoH is only used in the Gospel of Matthew in Jesus ministry under the law of Moses and the KoH and the KoG.
Acts 1:7 is the last time the KoH term is used and Jesus said it wasn't for the disciples to know when it would be set up. Why? Because that message was not for the church. Only salvation and things pertaining to it such as healing casting out demons etc., but never the physical kingdom because the KoH and the time of Jacob's trouble involves restoration of Israel and not the church.
The world's system is in control of the physical kingdom not the church.
You need to start paying attention to the distinction of the Kingdoms instead of thinking they are interchangeable in every scripture because they are not.

6. Galatians 3:16 has as one seed Jesus and all Christians are one in him as one body of Christ. This is a spiritual application of unity.

At the same time in 1Corinthians 14 There are many seeds as far as many Christians in one body which is a physical example.
O I am not replacing the one seed of Jesus Christ for no one can be saved by any other name.
I also know that as many Christians in one body we are spiritually one in unity.

7. You can be sorry for the Arabs but God says it don't belong to them because he gave it to the Jewish people and the Jewish people know this.

8. Until you make the distinctions between the KoH and the KoG, until you realize that Israel was never told to seek the KoH for salvation, until you understand that the KoG is what comes without observation and until you can comprehend that the KoG in its spiritual aspect according to salvation of bringing the fruits there in you will always miss the true interpretation of the word and its context. Jerry Kelso

jerry wrote: >>>3. Jesus is the Kinsmen Redeemer of Ruth. And the promised land of Israel was promised to their lineage forever.<<<

What you wrote is not true, This is more one lie of you and false interpretation of Scriptures, for Ruth a moabite was as Gentile, and she was redeemed by a second redeemer, the FIRST Redeemer refused to redeem her and He explained the motive or the why of His refuse (Ruth 4:6-8), but the whole chapter left clear how everything happened. Ruth is a symbol of the Gentile Church of Christ being redeemed by the Spirit of Truth, by the person of the Holy Spirit, which JESUS promised to send in the present time to help His Church in this end of the time. (John 16: 7-15)

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but
if I depart, I will send HIM unto you.
8 And when HE is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
13 Howbeit when
HE, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for HE shall not speak of HIMSELF; but whatsoever he shall HEAR, that shall he SPEAK: and he will shew you things to come.
14 He shall glorify me: for
HE shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that HE shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

2Cor.11:v.12-15

12 But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we.
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Jerry,

There is no mention or implication of Antichrist or the abomination of desolation in 2 Thess. 2. That is a dispensational innovation.

The temple in 2 Thess. 2:4 is a "naos" temple in the Greek. In every instance where Paul uses the term in his epistles, it is a reference to the spiritual temple of the believer, collectively the Church. It thus refers to an entity which took up spiritual residence within the Church, and usurped spiritual authority therein. It has nothing to do with a physical temple.

jgr,

1. Your Greek is weak. It is vao'v which is for shrine or as in the KJV the word temple which is physical not spiritual.
The context is about those who were trying to blur the lines on Paul's teaching of the rapture and the Day of the Lord.
The Day of the Lord couldn't come without a falling away and the man of sin or the son of perdition being physically revealed.

2. There is no proof of a man in the Corinthian Church doing such a thing, otherwise Paul would have clarified it so there would be no doubt.

3. The man of sin, son of perdition, he Wicked that shall be revealed whom the Lord shall consume with the brightness of his coming. The very things that holds back the Antichrist coming on the scene is the church who will be raptured. This is the context in 2 Thessalonians 2.
Jerry kelso

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no church age saints in this future tribulation.

It only takes one verse to show that all of your efforts to rip verses out of their historical context cannot be correct.

Rev 12:11  And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. 

A person cannot be under the Blood of the Lamb and not be under the Grace of the New Covenant Church.

One of the greatest errors of your doctrine is the claim that the "Church Age" comes to an end seven years before the Second Coming of Christ.
The verse above reveals the error of this claim.

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
jerry wrote: >>>3. Jesus is the Kinsmen Redeemer of Ruth. And the promised land of Israel was promised to their lineage forever.<<<

What you wrote is not true, This is more one lie of you and false interpretation of Scriptures, for Ruth a moabite was as Gentile, and she was redeemed by a second redeemer, the FIRST Redeemer refused to redeem her and He explained the motive or the why of His refuse (Ruth 4:6-8), but the whole chapter left clear how everything happened. Ruth is a symbol of the Gentile Church of Christ being redeemed by the Spirit of Truth, by the person of the Holy Spirit, which JESUS promised to send in the present time to help His Church in this end of the time. (John 16: 7-15)

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but
if I depart, I will send HIM unto you.
8 And when HE is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
13 Howbeit when
HE, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for HE shall not speak of HIMSELF; but whatsoever he shall HEAR, that shall he SPEAK: and he will shew you things to come.
14 He shall glorify me: for
HE shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that HE shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

2Cor.11:v.12-15

12 But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we.
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

oseas,

1. Boaz was the Lord of the harvest and the kinsman redeemer.
He was a type or foreshadowing of Jesus Christ. This relates to Revelation 5 and the title deed of the earth that Christ takes back when he takes over the kingdoms of the world Revelation 11:15.
Naomi typifies Israel for she was out of the land and brought back into the land.
Ruth was the Gentile bride, a type of the church.
Ruth had to be joined to Naomi, Naomi had to be exiled from her land.
The nearer kinsman couldn't take Ruth for it was against the law for an Israelite to marry a Moabite. But what the law could not do, grace did.
Ruth didn't take Naomi's place and it shows that Israel and the church are different and distinctive and have different missions in the future kingdom.
John 16:7-15 doesn't say anything about the end of time. Why? Because the church will be raptured before the tribulation.
So I have understanding of the history of Ruth but also the meaning of the types as well.
Let me ask you a question; what is your Biblical hermeneutics of interpreting and understanding the word of God? Jerry kelso

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
baberean2,

1. To your post #649; is a spiritual application that has to do with salvation only.
You have not proved 2 Samuel 7:13-16 to be wrong or that has been replaced etc. Israel has to all be saved so they will be real Jews that will be in David's house and throne and his lineage.

2. Revelation 12 context is the Jews fleeing into the wilderness. So the Jews are overcoming by the blood of the lamb. Their are tribulation saints that overcome by the blood of the lamb like the souls under the altar.
There is no mention of the church in the tribulation.
If you understood the kinsman redeemer you would understand that the Israel and the church have different callings and missions and Paul understood that in Romans 11:25-29.

3. The scriptures show that Israel will be the main propagator of the gospel in the kingdom because of their gifts and callings. This is not shown with the church. Jerry kelso

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no mention of the church in the tribulation.

The Capital "C" Church as we use the word today is not found in the entire Book of Revelation, just as it is not found in a number of other New Testament books.

Seven individual church bodies in ancient Asia Minor are found in the book, instead.

You need to understand who are the only circumcision that matters.

Rom_2:29  But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Php_3:3  For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Col_2:11  In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

• Agree
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
jgr,

1. Your Greek is weak. It is vao'v which is for shrine or as in the KJV the word temple which is physical not spiritual.
The context is about those who were trying to blur the lines on Paul's teaching of the rapture and the Day of the Lord.
The Day of the Lord couldn't come without a falling away and the man of sin or the son of perdition being physically revealed.

2. There is no proof of a man in the Corinthian Church doing such a thing, otherwise Paul would have clarified it so there would be no doubt.

3. The man of sin, son of perdition, he Wicked that shall be revealed whom the Lord shall consume with the brightness of his coming. The very things that holds back the Antichrist coming on the scene is the church who will be raptured. This is the context in 2 Thessalonians 2.
Jerry kelso

Jerry,

3485 [e]
naon
ναὸν
temple
N-AMS

3485. ναός (naos)

Strong's Greek: 3485. ναός (naos) — 45 Occurrences

1 Corinthians 3:16 N-NMS
GRK: οἴδατε ὅτι ναὸς θεοῦ ἐστὲ
NAS: Do you not know that you are a temple of God
KJV: that ye are the temple of God, and
INT: Know you that temple of God you are

1 Corinthians 3:17 N-AMS
GRK: τις τὸν ναὸν τοῦ θεοῦ
NAS: destroys the temple of God,
KJV: defile the temple of God,
INT: anyone the temple of God

1 Corinthians 3:17 N-NMS
GRK: ὁ γὰρ ναὸς τοῦ θεοῦ
NAS: will destroy him, for the temple of God
KJV: destroy; for the temple of God is
INT: indeed [the] temple of God

1 Corinthians 6:19 N-NMS
GRK: σῶμα ὑμῶν ναὸς τοῦ ἐν
NAS: that your body is a temple of the Holy
KJV: body is the temple of the Holy Ghost
INT: body of you a temple of the in

2 Corinthians 6:16 N-DMS
GRK: δὲ συνκατάθεσις ναῷ θεοῦ μετὰ
NAS: agreement has the temple of God
KJV: agreement hath the temple of God
INT: moreover agreement a temple of God with

2 Corinthians 6:16 N-NMS
GRK: ἡμεῖς γὰρ ναὸς θεοῦ ἐσμὲν
NAS: with idols? For we are the temple of the living
KJV: ye are the temple of the living God;
INT: we indeed a temple of God are

Ephesians 2:21 N-AMS
GRK: αὔξει εἰς ναὸν ἅγιον ἐν
NAS: into a holy temple in the Lord,
KJV: unto an holy temple in the Lord:
INT: increases to a temple holy in

2 Thessalonians 2:4 N-AMS
GRK: εἰς τὸν ναὸν τοῦ θεοῦ
NAS: that he takes his seat in the temple of God,
KJV: sitteth in the temple of God, shewing
INT: in the temple of God

Seven references to a spiritual temple, of which two are a vaov. The eighth reference, the third vaov, a literal temple? Not likely.

I have no idea what you're referring to re. a man in the Corinthian (did you mean Thessalonian?) church. Paul was referring to what would appear after the restraint (the one who "letteth") was removed. The restraint to which he was referring was the existing pagan Roman empire, which he intentionally did not name so as not to attract the unwanted attention of the authorities. After the dissolution of the pagan Roman empire, the man of sin which appeared was the papacy i.e. papal Roman empire, which implanted itself and sat as the spiritual authority within the Church.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The Capital "C" Church as we use the word today is not found in the entire Book of Revelation, just as it is not found in a number of other New Testament books.

Seven individual church bodies in ancient Asia Minor are found in the book, instead.

You need to understand who are the only circumcision that matters.

Rom_2:29  But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Php_3:3  For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Col_2:11  In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

baberean2,

1. You missed the point because the church or the Seven churches of Asia are not mentioned or seen in any way in the tribulation.

2. The 7 churches of Asia are addressed historically in Johns day Revelation 1:4,11.
They are prophetic
for the whole church age because Revelation is a prophecy Revelation 1:3.

3. These conditions of the churches are still prevalent today though maybe slightly in a different way.

4. All the overcomers out of these churches will receive promises that are fulfilled before and after the tribulation Revelation 2:7; 2:10-11; 2:17; 2:26-27; 3:5; 3:12; 3:21.
All of the 7 churches are classified into different periods of the whole church.
The reason to believe this is because the Philadelphian church is promised to be kept from the hour of tribulation that comes over all the world to try them that dwell on the earth. They are not being kept from tribulation but the hour of tribulation which is the Great Tribulation, the last half of Daniel's 70th week. This is why we will be raptured.
Revelation 3:11; Behold I come quickly: hold fast that which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
Jerry kelso

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You missed the point because the church or the Seven churches of Asia are not mentioned or seen in any way in the tribulation.

Once again, what you claim does not match the text.

Not only do we have those under "the blood of the Lamb" in Revelation 12:11, but look at what we find below.

Rev 2:8  And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive; 
Rev 2:9  I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. 
Rev 2:10  Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life. 
Rev 2:11  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death. 

The Greek word for "tribulation" and the Greek word for "wrath" are two different words.

The New Covenant is "everlasting" in Hebrews 13:20.
Therefore, the New Covenant Church cannot end before the Second Coming of Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Jerry,

3485 [e]
naon
ναὸν
temple
N-AMS

3485. ναός (naos)

Strong's Greek: 3485. ναός (naos) — 45 Occurrences

1 Corinthians 3:16 N-NMS
GRK: οἴδατε ὅτι ναὸς θεοῦ ἐστὲ
NAS: Do you not know that you are a temple of God
KJV: that ye are the temple of God, and
INT: Know you that temple of God you are

1 Corinthians 3:17 N-AMS
GRK: τις τὸν ναὸν τοῦ θεοῦ
NAS: destroys the temple of God,
KJV: defile the temple of God,
INT: anyone the temple of God

1 Corinthians 3:17 N-NMS
GRK: ὁ γὰρ ναὸς τοῦ θεοῦ
NAS: will destroy him, for the temple of God
KJV: destroy; for the temple of God is
INT: indeed [the] temple of God

1 Corinthians 6:19 N-NMS
GRK: σῶμα ὑμῶν ναὸς τοῦ ἐν
NAS: that your body is a temple of the Holy
KJV: body is the temple of the Holy Ghost
INT: body of you a temple of the in

2 Corinthians 6:16 N-DMS
GRK: δὲ συνκατάθεσις ναῷ θεοῦ μετὰ
NAS: agreement has the temple of God
KJV: agreement hath the temple of God
INT: moreover agreement a temple of God with

2 Corinthians 6:16 N-NMS
GRK: ἡμεῖς γὰρ ναὸς θεοῦ ἐσμὲν
NAS: with idols? For we are the temple of the living
KJV: ye are the temple of the living God;
INT: we indeed a temple of God are

Ephesians 2:21 N-AMS
GRK: αὔξει εἰς ναὸν ἅγιον ἐν
NAS: into a holy temple in the Lord,
KJV: unto an holy temple in the Lord:
INT: increases to a temple holy in

2 Thessalonians 2:4 N-AMS
GRK: εἰς τὸν ναὸν τοῦ θεοῦ
NAS: that he takes his seat in the temple of God,
KJV: sitteth in the temple of God, shewing
INT: in the temple of God

Seven references to a spiritual temple, of which two are a vaov. The eighth reference, the third vaov, a literal temple? Not likely.

I have no idea what you're referring to re. a man in the Corinthian (did you mean Thessalonian?) church. Paul was referring to what would appear after the restraint (the one who "letteth") was removed. The restraint to which he was referring was the existing pagan Roman empire, which he intentionally did not name so as not to attract the unwanted attention of the authorities. After the dissolution of the pagan Roman empire, the man of sin which appeared was the papacy i.e. papal Roman empire, which implanted itself and sat as the spiritual authority within the Church.

jgr,

1. You are assuming because of other scriptures that talk about spiritual examples of the word temple but it doesn't fit the context.
They all expected for the rapture because Paul taught that 1 Thessalonians 4 and the Day of the Lord 1Thessalonians 5.

2. The papal was not the son of perdition or the man of sin in this context.
The papal is still going strong in case you can't see what is happening today.
Some think the Holy Spirit is the restrainer, but the Holy Spirit won't be taken out of the way for no man can be saved without the Spirit convicting man.
Michael the archangel stands up for Israel Daniel 12:1. When he steps aside the time of Jacob's trouble will begin.
However, it is the church taken out of the way by rapture and as salt of the earth the preserving force will leave behind a diluted society.
The light of the world will leave a much darker planet.
God will also cause a strong delusion that they should believe a lie 2 Thessalonians 2:11. Verse 9-12 is the time of the Antichrist Revelation 13:4, 14. It also includes Revelation 16:1-2 is the Wrath of God on the beast worshippers who took the mark. They will be the ones that God will send a strong delusion to.
The whole context of 2 Thessalonians 2 has no connection to the papal church.
Now I know there is a scenario that the Tribulation was in Paul and Peter's days. Some think that either Titus or Vespasian or Nero was the Antichrist etc. but it was fabricated. Jerry kelso

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
jgr,

1. You are assuming because of other scriptures that talk about spiritual examples of the word temple but it doesn't fit the context.
They all expected for the rapture because Paul taught that 1 Thessalonians 4 and the Day of the Lord 1Thessalonians 5.

2. The papal was not the son of perdition or the man of sin in this context.
The papal is still going strong in case you can't see what is happening today.
Some think the Holy Spirit is the restrainer, but the Holy Spirit won't be taken out of the way for no man can be saved without the Spirit convicting man.
Michael the archangel stands up for Israel Daniel 12:1. When he steps aside the time of Jacob's trouble will begin.
However, it is the church taken out of the way by rapture and as salt of the earth the preserving force will leave behind a diluted society.
The light of the world will leave a much darker planet.
God will also cause a strong delusion that they should believe a lie 2 Thessalonians 2:11. Verse 9-12 is the time of the Antichrist Revelation 13:4, 14. It also includes Revelation 16:1-2 is the Wrath of God on the beast worshippers who took the mark. They will be the ones that God will send a strong delusion to.
The whole context of 2 Thessalonians 2 has no connection to the papal church.
Now I know there is a scenario that the Tribulation was in Paul and Peter's days. Some think that either Titus or Vespasian or Nero was the Antichrist etc. but it was fabricated. Jerry kelso
Jerry,

You're kinda outnumbered.

The Westminster Confession of Faith (1646)
"There is no other head of the Church but the Lord Jesus Christ: nor can the Pope of Rome in any sense be head thereof; but is that Antichrist, that man of sin and son of perdition, that exalts himself in the Church against Christ, and all that is called God." (1646 Westminster Confession of Faith)

The Baptist Confession of Faith (1689)
"The Lord Jesus Christ is the Head of the church, in whom, by the appointment of the Father, all power for the calling, institution, order or government of the church, is invested in a supreme and sovereign manner; neither can the Pope of Rome in any sense be head thereof, but is that antichrist, that man of sin, and son of perdition, that exalteth himself in the church against Christ." (1689 Baptist Confession of Faith)

John Wesley (1703 - 1791)
"... In many respects, the Pope has an indisputable claim to those titles. He is, in an emphatical sense, the man of sin, as he increases all manner of sin above measure.

Martin Luther (1483 - 1546)
"nothing else than the kingdom of Babylon and of very Antichrist. For who is the man of sin and the son of perdition, but he who by his teaching and his ordinances increases the sin and perdition of souls in the church; while he yet sits in the church as if he were God? All these conditions have now for many ages been fulfilled by the papal tyranny." (Martin Luther, First Principles, pp. 196-197)

John Knox (1505 - 1572)
Yea, to speak it in plain words; lest that we submit ourselves to Satan, thinking that we submit ourselves to Jesus Christ, for, as for your Roman kirk, as it is now corrupted, and the authority thereof, whereon stands the hope of your victory, I no more doubt but that it is the synagogue of Satan, and the head thereof, called the pope, to be that man of sin, of whom the apostle speaks." (John Knox, The History of the Reformation of Religion in Scotland, p.65)

Charles Spurgeon (1834 - 1892)
"It is the bounden duty of every Christian to pray against Antichrist, and as to what Antichrist is no sane man ought to raise a question. If it be not the popery in the Church of Rome there is nothing in the world that can be called by that name. If there were to be issued a hue and cry for Antichrist, we should certainly take up this church on suspicion, and it would certainly not be let loose again, for it so exactly answers the description."

"Popery is contrary to Christ’s Gospel, and is the Antichrist, and we ought to pray against it. It should be the daily prayer of every believer that Antichrist might be hurled like a millstone into the flood and for Christ, because it wounds Christ, because it robs Christ of His glory, because it puts sacramental efficacy in the place of His atonement, and lifts a piece of bread into the place of the Saviour, and a few drops of water into the place of the Holy Ghost, and puts a mere fallible man like ourselves up as the vicar of Christ on earth; if we pray against it, because it is against Him, we shall love the persons though we hate their errors: we shall love their souls though we loath and detest their dogmas, and so the breath of our prayers will be sweetened, because we turn our faces towards Christ when we pray." (Michael de Semlyen, All Roads Lead to Rome)

John Calvin (1509 - 1564)
"Though it be admitted that Rome was once the mother of all Churches, yet from the time when it began to be the seat of Antichrist it has ceased to be what it was before. Some persons think us too severe and censorious when we call the Roman Pontiff Antichrist. But those who are of this opinion do not consider that they bring the same charge of presumption against Paul himself, after whom we speak and whose language we adopt .. I shall briefly show that (Paul's words in II Thess. 2) are not capable of any other interpretation than that which applies them to the Papacy." (Institutes of the Christian Religion, Vol.3, p.149)

Thomas Cranmer (Anglican)
"Whereof it followeth Rome to be the seat of antichrist, and the pope to be very antichrist himself. I could prove the same by many other scriptures, old writers, and strong reasons." (Referring to prophecies in Revelation and Daniel.) Taken from Works by Cranmer, Vol. 1, pp. 6-7.

Roger Williams (First Baptist Pastor in America)
He spoke of the Pope as "the pretended Vicar of Christ on earth, who sits as God over the Temple of God, exalting himself not only above all that is called God, but over the souls and consciences of all his vassals, yea over the Spirit of Christ, over the Holy Spirit, yea, and God himself...speaking against the God of heaven, thinking to change times and laws; but he is the son of perdition (II Thess. 2)." Taken from The Prophetic Faith of Our Fathers by Froom, Vol. 3, pg. 52.

And many others.

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,460.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
oseas,

1. Boaz was the Lord of the harvest and the kinsman redeemer.
He was a type or foreshadowing of Jesus Christ. This relates to Revelation 5 and the title deed of the earth that Christ takes back when he takes over the kingdoms of the world Revelation 11:15.
Naomi typifies Israel for she was out of the land and brought back into the land.
Ruth was the Gentile bride, a type of the church.
Ruth had to be joined to Naomi, Naomi had to be exiled from her land.
The nearer kinsman couldn't take Ruth for it was against the law for an Israelite to marry a Moabite. But what the law could not do, grace did.
Ruth didn't take Naomi's place and it shows that Israel and the church are different and distinctive and have different missions in the future kingdom.
John 16:7-15 doesn't say anything about the end of time. Why? Because the church will be raptured before the tribulation.
So I have understanding of the history of Ruth but also the meaning of the types as well.
Let me ask you a question; what is your Biblical hermeneutics of interpreting and understanding the word of God? Jerry kelso

Jerry wrote: >>>1. Boaz was the Lord of the harvest and the kinsman redeemer.<<<
You are not saying anything. You're just reciting the Bible text. But I tell unto you that we are in the time of harvest, and the first to be reaped is tares.

Jerry wrote: >>>He was a type or foreshadowing of Jesus Christ.<<<
No, in this portion of Scriptures Boaz was not a foreshadowing of Jesus Christ, absolutely, JESUS was in occult here, His name could not be revealed in that time yet, and Boaz called Him to have a dialogue with Him. (Ruth 4:v.1) Then went Boaz up to the gate, and sat him down there: and, behold, the kinsman of WHOM Boaz spake came by; unto whom he said, Ho, SUCH A ONE! turn aside, sit down here. And he (JESUS in occult) turned aside, and sat down.

Ruth 4:2-6 - Dialogue between Boaz and JESUS here speaking in occult
2 And he (Boaz) took ten men of the elders of the city, and said, Sit ye down here. And they sat down.
3 And he said unto the kinsman (to JESUS in occult), Naomi, that is come again out of the country of Moab,
selleth a parcel of land, which was our brother Elimelech's:
4 And I thought to advertise thee, saying, Buy it before the inhabitants, and before the elders of my people.
If thou wilt redeem it, redeem it: but if thou wilt not redeem it, then tell me, that I may know: for there is none to redeem it beside thee; and I am after thee. And he said, I will redeem it.
5 Then said Boaz, What day thou buyest the field of the hand of Naomi, thou must buy it also of Ruth the Moabitess, the wife of the dead, to raise up the name of the dead upon his inheritance.
6 And the kinsman said,
I cannot redeem it for myself, lest I mar mine own inheritance (Spiritual Israel -Rev.21:9-27and 1-8): redeem thou my right to thyself; for I cannot redeem it.

Boaz , as a second Redeemer, appears in this portion of Scriptures as the person of the Holy Spirit working to redeem the Gentile Church of Christ in this apocalyptical time, as he is showed among the seven candlesticks, the seven Churches described in Revelation. Of the same manner Boaz took the Gentile Ruth as she was his wife; the person of the Holy Spirit (John 16: 7-15), the Spirit of Truth, who appears among the seven candlesticks, will redeem the Gentile Church of the Lord JESUS Christ (the FIRST REDEEMER), That he might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the Word, t
hat he might present it to JESUS a glorious Church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
And the gentile Ruth, the Moabite, was the great-grandmother of the king of Israel, king David.

Jerry wrote: >>>So I have understanding of the history of Ruth but also the meaning of the types as well. <<<

Yes, you know what is written in the Scriptures as a history only, but the occult meaning of the types you do not know it, you know the letter of Scriptures but not the Spirit, the letter kills, you use the letter and you are a stumbling block for the believers.

jerry wrote: >>>Let me ask you a question; what is your Biblical hermeneutics of interpreting and understanding the word of God? <<<
Have you never read? The Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged Sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in His sight (the Word is God): all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.

I am a reaper. My work is to reap the tares to be burned with everlasting fire. BTW, the everlasting Spirit of God is a devouring fire.

You have been a sower of tares among the believers.

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Once again, what you claim does not match the text.

Not only do we have those under "the blood of the Lamb" in Revelation 12:11, but look at what we find below.

Rev 2:8  And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive; 
Rev 2:10  Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life. 
Rev 2:11  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death. 

The Greek word for "tribulation" and the Greek word for "wrath" are two different words.

The New Covenant is "everlasting" in Hebrews 13:20.
Therefore, the New Covenant Church cannot end before the Second Coming of Christ.

baberean2,

1. Revelation 6-19 is all about the Great tribulation specifically the time of Jacob's trouble which is the last 3.5 years before Armageddon.

2. The tribulation of 10 days was a specific tribulation in the past.
It has been suggested the ten days were Nero A.D. 54-68 to Diocletian A.D. 303-313.

3. Those who said they were Jews and were not was a blasphemy.
The church replacing Israel is such blasphemy because the promise is unconditional 2 Samuel 7:16.
Israel couldn't forfeit it if she tried.
This theology makes God a liar.
Many people thought Israel would never become a nation again but it did.
Whether you believe 1948 was a God thing or not doesn't necessarily mean anything. It had to happen to start the prophetic cycle running towards the last 7 years of Daniel's week and leads to the setting up of the KoH reign.

4. The Wrath of God is the 7 vials Revelation 16:1 and this is tribulation.
The tribulation of ten days was not the Wrath of God if it is about the wicked Roman Emperors killing the saints.
And Revelation 16 didn't happen in the historical church of Smyrna.

5. The New Covenant is everlasting and so is the church.
Being custodian of the Gospel was Israel because they were given the oracles of God Romans 3:1-2.
This is what the advantage was of being a Jew and circumcision which was a sign of the covenant and covenant people.
Romans 9:1-5. This is why Paul had a heavy heart for his kinsmen in the flesh.
This custodianship of being the light of the world and salt of the earth by propagating the gospel of salvation was the KoG Matthew 6:33 and Luke 17:20 that was given to the church to bring forth the fruits which is the harvest of souls saved.
The custodianship will primarily go back to Israel the nation. The church has a heavenly calling and will be a part of earthy rulership around the earth Revelation 5:9-10. They also will rule throughout the universe Colossians 1:16.

6. In the KoH millennial kingdom will all be one in Christ spiritually and all will be saved under the New Covenant.
The church will have rulership and propagate the gospel but the main custodialship will be Israel at the head of the nations because of their earthly calling and gifts when they become saved Romans 11:25-29.

7. In the KoH reign the nation of Israel will be restored and David will be King and the twelve apostles will rule over the 12 tribes and Jerusalem will be the capital of Israel and the earth and where the law will go out of the earthly Mt. Zion at the head of the nations Isaiah 2:2-4 and Christ will rule the whole earth with a rod of Iron Psalm 2:9.

8. The Davidic covenant is promised to the lineage and posterity of David and the mercy of God would never depart from David as he did with Saul. You can't disprove this so you need to quit posting otherwise on this subject. Jerry kelso

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Jerry,

You're kinda outnumbered.

The Westminster Confession of Faith (1646)
"There is no other head of the Church but the Lord Jesus Christ: nor can the Pope of Rome in any sense be head thereof; but is that Antichrist, that man of sin and son of perdition, that exalts himself in the Church against Christ, and all that is called God." (1646 Westminster Confession of Faith)

The Baptist Confession of Faith (1689)
"The Lord Jesus Christ is the Head of the church, in whom, by the appointment of the Father, all power for the calling, institution, order or government of the church, is invested in a supreme and sovereign manner; neither can the Pope of Rome in any sense be head thereof, but is that antichrist, that man of sin, and son of perdition, that exalteth himself in the church against Christ." (1689 Baptist Confession of Faith)

John Wesley (1703 - 1791)
"... In many respects, the Pope has an indisputable claim to those titles. He is, in an emphatical sense, the man of sin, as he increases all manner of sin above measure.

Martin Luther (1483 - 1546)
"nothing else than the kingdom of Babylon and of very Antichrist. For who is the man of sin and the son of perdition, but he who by his teaching and his ordinances increases the sin and perdition of souls in the church; while he yet sits in the church as if he were God? All these conditions have now for many ages been fulfilled by the papal tyranny." (Martin Luther, First Principles, pp. 196-197)

John Knox (1505 - 1572)
Yea, to speak it in plain words; lest that we submit ourselves to Satan, thinking that we submit ourselves to Jesus Christ, for, as for your Roman kirk, as it is now corrupted, and the authority thereof, whereon stands the hope of your victory, I no more doubt but that it is the synagogue of Satan, and the head thereof, called the pope, to be that man of sin, of whom the apostle speaks." (John Knox, The History of the Reformation of Religion in Scotland, p.65)

Charles Spurgeon (1834 - 1892)
"It is the bounden duty of every Christian to pray against Antichrist, and as to what Antichrist is no sane man ought to raise a question. If it be not the popery in the Church of Rome there is nothing in the world that can be called by that name. If there were to be issued a hue and cry for Antichrist, we should certainly take up this church on suspicion, and it would certainly not be let loose again, for it so exactly answers the description."

"Popery is contrary to Christ’s Gospel, and is the Antichrist, and we ought to pray against it. It should be the daily prayer of every believer that Antichrist might be hurled like a millstone into the flood and for Christ, because it wounds Christ, because it robs Christ of His glory, because it puts sacramental efficacy in the place of His atonement, and lifts a piece of bread into the place of the Saviour, and a few drops of water into the place of the Holy Ghost, and puts a mere fallible man like ourselves up as the vicar of Christ on earth; if we pray against it, because it is against Him, we shall love the persons though we hate their errors: we shall love their souls though we loath and detest their dogmas, and so the breath of our prayers will be sweetened, because we turn our faces towards Christ when we pray." (Michael de Semlyen, All Roads Lead to Rome)

John Calvin (1509 - 1564)
"Though it be admitted that Rome was once the mother of all Churches, yet from the time when it began to be the seat of Antichrist it has ceased to be what it was before. Some persons think us too severe and censorious when we call the Roman Pontiff Antichrist. But those who are of this opinion do not consider that they bring the same charge of presumption against Paul himself, after whom we speak and whose language we adopt .. I shall briefly show that (Paul's words in II Thess. 2) are not capable of any other interpretation than that which applies them to the Papacy." (Institutes of the Christian Religion, Vol.3, p.149)

Thomas Cranmer (Anglican)
"Whereof it followeth Rome to be the seat of antichrist, and the pope to be very antichrist himself. I could prove the same by many other scriptures, old writers, and strong reasons." (Referring to prophecies in Revelation and Daniel.) Taken from Works by Cranmer, Vol. 1, pp. 6-7.

Roger Williams (First Baptist Pastor in America)
He spoke of the Pope as "the pretended Vicar of Christ on earth, who sits as God over the Temple of God, exalting himself not only above all that is called God, but over the souls and consciences of all his vassals, yea over the Spirit of Christ, over the Holy Spirit, yea, and God himself...speaking against the God of heaven, thinking to change times and laws; but he is the son of perdition (II Thess. 2)." Taken from The Prophetic Faith of Our Fathers by Froom, Vol. 3, pg. 52.

And many others.

jgr,

1. You are wrong again.
Jesus Christ is the head of the church to which I agree.

2. Jesus is the head of Israel and it is still his covenant people just as the church as.
Just as Christ promised the gates of hell shall never prevail against the church God also promised that his mercy would never depart from the lineage of the House of David. This was in the context of the KoH reign at the head of the nations Isaiah 2:2-4; David being King over Israel Jeremiah 30:7; Ezekiel 37:24; the apostles ruling the twelve tribes of Israel Matthew 19:28; the law going out of Zion where Jerusalem will be the capital of the earth and where feasts will be administered from that the nations will have to come up to and celebrate Zechariah 14:16-17.
Some of those same preachers didn't believe in Replacement theology like your posts show you do.
So you are very confused about what I believe and what I said. Jerry Kelso

Upvote 0