Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You forget-- I am SDA--
"During her lifetime she wrote more than 5,000 periodical articles and 40 books; but today, including compilations from her 50,000 pages of manuscript, more than 100 titles are available in English. She is the most translated woman writer in the entire history of literature, and the most translated American author of either gender. Her writings cover a broad range of subjects, including religion, education, social relationships, evangelism, prophecy, publishing, nutrition, and management. Her life-changing masterpiece on successful Christian living, Steps to Christ, has been published in more than 140 languages."

"The question of how many books she wrote may have more than one answer, depending on such factors as one's definition of a book. (Some shorter pieces might be called a book by some and a tract by others, for instance.) One other responsible tally that I am aware of places the count of books published during her lifetime at 49. Since Mrs. White's death, however, many topical compilations of material have been made from her writings, both published and (up to then) unpublished. These bring the total to "more than 100," as it says above, and by another count, about 130."

The Smithsonian magazine named Ellen G. White among 100 Most Significant American Figures, in an acknowledgement of her influence on religion.

She could not go to school after the age of 9 due to injuries. She went no further than the 3rd grade.
Yes--the uneducated can write. It's going to take a lot more than what JS wrote to impress me.
You better be impressed to this level anyway: If they find evidence that Jesus Christ visited the Americas after his death and resurrection in Jerusalem, there is only 1 person that has written about that visit since 1830, and only 1 religion that teaches about it, and that is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If we find that Jesus really did come to the Americas and teach his gospel, you will have to acknowledge that JS was a prophet of God and you will want to join the Mormon church, as abhorrent as that is to you at this time, because you will know it is the true church and that Jesus works through it in these days to prepare the world for the second coming.

Ellen was a wonderful person in her own right, and I agree she should be on a short list of the 100 most influential people. But when there is enough evidence to prove the BOM, you will have to acknowledge JS too.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Psa 6:4 Return, O LORD, deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies' sake.
Psa 6:5 For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?
He is talking to God here! He is saying that in death you have no remembrance of God!!---But you think there will be memories of other things?!

Psa 88:9 Mine eye mourneth by reason of affliction: LORD, I have called daily upon thee, I have stretched out my hands unto thee.
Psa 88:10 Wilt thou shew wonders to the dead? shall the dead arise and praise thee? Selah.
Psa 88:11 Shall thy lovingkindness be declared in the grave? or thy faithfulness in destruction?
Psa 88:12 Shall thy wonders be known in the dark? and thy righteousness in the land of forgetfulness?
Psa 88:13 But unto thee have I cried, O LORD; and in the morning shall my prayer prevent thee.
Psa 88:14 LORD, why castest thou off my soul? why hidest thou thy face from me?

The answer is obviously NO! David is mourning, he is sorrowful, "Shall thy wonders be known in the dark? and thy righteousness in the land of forgetfulness?"---NO! There is nothing in death.

Does not in any way say that we die a spiritual death. The soul that sinneth, it shall die. Does not say it shall spend eternity out of my presence--it says die.

He says niothiing about those that keep His commandments---he asks if God's loving kindness will be declared in the grave---it is obviously NO!

It says nothing about David knowing he spends eternity out of God's presence---nothing about it. He knows one thing---his sins were forgiven. covered by the blood of sacrifice as was done then. Nothing anywhere in the OT or the NT about being outside the presence of God. When you're sins are forgiven, they are forgiven--
Psa_32:1 A Psalm of David, Maschil. Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
Psa_85:2 Thou hast forgiven the iniquity of thy people, thou hast covered all their sin. Selah.
Psa 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
Isa_43:25 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

When God forgives---He will not remember your sins!! There is no record of the sins of the forgiven.

The dead praise not the Lord---period. Not the spiritually dead--not any other kind of dead---the dead praise not the Lord. But we will praise the Lord, those that are alive and when we are resurrected. Even the saved do not praise in the grave, only after we are resurrected.

Nope---none of your arguments work at all and are inaccurate to the rendering of the scriptures. You, after all your time in the reading of His word, do not recognize the way that the Jews wrote when they ask a question. Even today, they still do that and even every comedian makes fun of the Jewish way of asking questions when the answer is an obvious NO!---

“I see you got a ‘D’ in physics.”
“Who am I, Einstein?!”
“What? Passing isn’t enough for you?”
"And my ‘A’ in Viking Lit means bupkes?”
“From physics I’ll make a living?

Leo Rosten, in his seminal The Joys of Yiddish not only confirmed this syntax as a specifically Jewish trait, but viewed “the question” as one way to distinguish between Jew and Gentile! Questioning, deriving from Talmudic debate imbues us with the unusual tradition of saying: “I believe! But nu, if I ask You’ll ‘show me?’” But more, through skepticism we analyzed the often treacherous world around us, and learned that an answer may be dangerous, misleading, obvious, unknown, or unnecessary.
Morris and Izzy were sitting over tuna salad discussing the meaning of the cosmos. “Life,” said Morris, “is life a bowl of tuna fish.”
Izzy considered, “So, why is life like a bowl of tuna fish?”
“How should I know? What am I, a philosopher?”

Jews Love Questions

JS's big, big fail, was not knowing the Jewish way of speaking. How they saw things as compared to modern Gentiles. He read the KJV and that is how his books read. That was the first thing I noticed about his books.
By the time of Jesus Christ, the Jewish way was so corrupted that it had to be cut down and burned. It was cut down and burned by Jesus himself, and it was replaced by the NT. So I would not put a lot of stock in how the Jewish people saw things as compared to modern Gentiles.

They could not even recognize that their Messiah had come to earth and was ministering to them. If they didn't get that right, what makes you think they are going to get life after death right???

I believe what Jesus taught JS about the afterlife before the resurrection and I can back that up with scripture, so my position is secure. If Ellen taught 'soul sleep' between death and the resurrection I believe she is wrong about that. Just my opinion.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
By the time of Jesus Christ, the Jewish way was so corrupted that it had to be cut down and burned. It was cut down and burned by Jesus himself, and it was replaced by the NT. So I would not put a lot of stock in how the Jewish people saw things as compared to modern Gentiles.

They could not even recognize that their Messiah had come to earth and was ministering to them. If they didn't get that right, what makes you think they are going to get life after death right???

I believe what Jesus taught JS about the afterlife before the resurrection and I can back that up with scripture, so my position is secure. If Ellen taught 'soul sleep' between death and the resurrection I believe she is wrong about that. Just my opinion.

How the Jews saw things is how the OT was written. By time Jesus came along the rabbis had twisted things and He brought things back to where they were supposed to be. He brought the Sabbath back to where it was supposed to be without the rabbinical extras that even counted how many steps to take. He brought back the OT as it was written----which was one of His favorite sayings---IT IS WRITTEN.
How "modern Gentiles think" was not what Jesus ever taught.
Soul sleep is what modern gentiles have named what Jesus Himself taught.
Mat 9:23 And when Jesus came into the ruler's house, and saw the minstrels and the people making a noise,
Mat 9:24 He said unto them, Give place: for the maid is not dead, but sleepeth. And they laughed him to scorn.
Joh 11:11 These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.
Joh 11:12 Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well.
Joh 11:13 Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep.
Joh 11:14 Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.
Act_13:36 For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:
1Co_11:30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
1Co_15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Th_4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
Ellen did not come up with it--it is taught in the bible.
Act_2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You better be impressed to this level anyway: If they find evidence that Jesus Christ visited the Americas after his death and resurrection in Jerusalem, there is only 1 person that has written about that visit since 1830, and only 1 religion that teaches about it, and that is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If we find that Jesus really did come to the Americas and teach his gospel, you will have to acknowledge that JS was a prophet of God and you will want to join the Mormon church, as abhorrent as that is to you at this time, because you will know it is the true church and that Jesus works through it in these days to prepare the world for the second coming.

Ellen was a wonderful person in her own right, and I agree she should be on a short list of the 100 most influential people. But when there is enough evidence to prove the BOM, you will have to acknowledge JS too.

Well---you can hold your breath for that one---I choose not to. The bible says Jesus ascended to heaven.
Act_1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
Heb_9:24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

There were Jews that went with many of the ancient sailors who brought their faith with them, including with Columbus, and some say he himself was Jewish.

Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A little information. When Joseph translated the Book of Mormon there were many witnesses to the prosses. They never saw a map or any resource material, no trip to the library. Not even a Bible in front of him.

There are different discrptions of how it was done. Oliver cowdery says he placed the translators or Urim and Thummin over the plates and began reading. Then later Joseph seems to have used his seer stone much like our iPhones with a translation app, which he placed in his hat to cut out the glare from the light. You can down load a transation app, then take a pictue of something writen in Spanish and the app will translate it for you.

It wasn't done in secret, although most of them never saw the plates because they were under a cloth or kept in another room they did see Joseph dictating to Oliver or helped themselves.

They have about 40 percent of the original dictation. There is very little punctuation and a small amount of crossing out to get the different names spelled right. At one point it seems Oliver fell asleep cause the sentence stops and the paragraph is finished in Joseph's hand writing.

Oliver told about a time that Joseph and Emma had a little spat, Joseph then tried to translated but nothing came. He took a walk in the woods and then came back and apologize to Emma. Only then could they begin translating again.

From the time Oliver came to him, after having his own vision, it took 63 days with a major move to have the book ready for publication. That means they translated 10-20 words per minute, 8 hours a day, there were no revisions and working with no source material.

Now there was either a huge conspiracy between all of these people or something more miraculously was going on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Yes--well, all other prophets, from Moses on down, got their message straight from the Lord---no translation needed. God spoke to them, they wrote down what He said---simple. No stones in a hat needed.

• Agree
Reactions: BigDaddy4
Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Yes--well, all other prophets, from Moses on down, got their message straight from the Lord---no translation needed. God spoke to them, they wrote down what He said---simple. No stones in a hat needed.
Well the Lord wanted his words translated, and he wanted JS to do it, so he had to provide the means for that to happen, which he did.

The translators of the bible into English knew both Greek and English and it could be done. No scholar knew Reformed Egyptian, therefore the Lord provided JS with the means to translate.
Not complicated.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Well the Lord wanted his words translated, and he wanted JS to do it, so he had to provide the means for that to happen, which he did.

The translators of the bible into English knew both Greek and English and it could be done. No scholar knew Reformed Egyptian, therefore the Lord provided JS with the means to translate.
Not complicated.

As opposed to just simply telling his prophet what to say---as He had done from the start. Not only does He give His prophet a tablet in an unknown language, gives him 2 stones to use to translate it but then He takes the tablet away. When God wants to say something---He says it. And He knows their language. If He has a Chinese prophet, He'll talk to him in Chinese---He doesn't give the Chinese a tablet in ancient Hindu to translate, then take the tablet away.

Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As opposed to just simply telling his prophet what to say---as He had done from the start. Not only does He give His prophet a tablet in an unknown language, gives him 2 stones to use to translate it but then He takes the tablet away. When God wants to say something---He says it. And He knows their language. If He has a Chinese prophet, He'll talk to him in Chinese---He doesn't give the Chinese a tablet in ancient Hindu to translate, then take the tablet away.

It always surprises me how much more Mormons know about what is happening in the Bible.

Gen 5:1 This is the book of the generations (history) of Adam in the day that God created man.....

When we add in the knowledge we get from our Book of Moses we learn the Adam kept a record which was passed down the family line. It was written in the pure language of God. It went to Noah, Shem and then to Abraham. In Book of the Jubilee it mentions the writings of Abraham. The prophets each wrote their histories and kept a genealogy. However at the time of the Tower the language was changed and the Adamic language was lost. They had the writings but they could not read them.

This all gets pasted down to Moses. Then all of a sudden the Urim and Thummin are mentioned in Ex 28. There is no 'here Moses, here are these stones' he appears to already have them. I think it is save to assume these sacred things were past down through the tribe of Judah or perhaps through Median and Jethro. In any case Moses has them and using the interpreters he edited all of these writing into Genius.

The last time these stones are mentioned is in Nehem 7 and after the Jews return from captivity. There is a group of men trying to prove they are descendants of Levi, but their genealogy is registered under Joseph. It's complicated but it appears Lehi comes through the same mixed line because he acts in the office of a priest yet is a descendant of Joseph. They can't find their genealogy precisely because Lehi has it.

The point is they want to look into the Urim and Thummin to see and prove their genealogy. It was very much apart of their culture and how they communicated with God. The prophets would take them out of the breast plate put them in a bag which they wore around their neck.

It is assumed that the interpreters which are mentioned in the Book of Mormon and which Joseph had are not the same as the ones in the Old Testament.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
It always surprises me how much more Mormons know about what is happening in the Bible.

Gen 5:1 This is the book of the generations (history) of Adam in the day that God created man.....

When we add in the knowledge we get from our Book of Moses we learn the Adam kept a record which was passed down the family line. It was written in the pure language of God. It went to Noah, Shem and then to Abraham. In Book of the Jubilee it mentions the writings of Abraham. The prophets each wrote their histories and kept a genealogy. However at the time of the Tower the language was changed and the Adamic language was lost. They had the writings but they could not read them.

This all gets pasted down to Moses. Then all of a sudden the Urim and Thummin are mentioned in Ex 28. There is no 'here Moses, here are these stones' he appears to already have them. I think it is save to assume these sacred things were past down through the tribe of Judah or perhaps through Median and Jethro. In any case Moses has them and using the interpreters he edited all of these writing into Genius.

The last time these stones are mentioned is in Nehem 7 and after the Jews return from captivity. There is a group of men trying to prove they are descendants of Levi, but their genealogy is registered under Joseph. It's complicated but it appears Lehi comes through the same mixed line because he acts in the office of a priest yet is a descendant of Joseph. They can't find their genealogy precisely because Lehi has it.

The point is they want to look into the Urim and Thummin to see and prove their genealogy. It was very much apart of their culture and how they communicated with God. The prophets would take them out of the breast plate put them in a bag which they wore around their neck.

It is assumed that the interpreters which are mentioned in the Book of Mormon and which Joseph had are not the same as the ones in the Old Testament.

It always amazes me how little the Mormons know about the bible. The Urim and Thummim were not used to translate anything. There is no detailed description of how they were used, just hints. They were 2 stones, Jewish tradition says questions were asked it either yes or no, when one light up, the answer was yes, when the other light up, the answer was no. Or for when there were 2 answers to a question, to see which answer was right, the High Priest would say if it is this answer, then show the Urim, if it is this answer, then show the Thummim.
Exo_28:30 And thou shalt put in the breastplate of judgment the Urim and the Thummim; and they shall be upon Aaron's heart, when he goeth in before the LORD: and Aaron shall bear the judgment of the children of Israel upon his heart before the LORD continually.

It actually is more accurately translated as the "breastplate of decision"

By means of the Urim, the priest inquired of YHWH on behalf of the ruler (Num. 27:21; cf. Yoma 7:5, "only for the king, the high court, or someone serving a need of the community"); they were one of the three legitimate means of obtaining oracles in early Israel (Urim, dreams, prophets; I Sam. 28:6). Owing to the oracular character of the Urim, the breastpiece is called "the breastpiece of decision" (חֹשֶׁן הַמִּשְׁפָּט).

"There is no biblical information on the appearance of the Urim, the material out of which they were made (the Samaritan text of Ex. 28:30; 39:21 adds a command to manufacture the Urim and tells of its execution), or the technique of their use. The most illuminating passage is the Greek of I Samuel 14:41, whose underlying Hebrew is mutilated in the received texts: הָבָה תָמִים, conventionally rendered "Give a perfect answer":
Saul said: "O YHWH God of Israel, why have you not answered your servant this day? If the guilt be in me or in my son Jonathan. O YHWH God of Israel, give Urim (הָבָה אוּרִים). But if this guilt is in your people Israel, give Thummim (הָבָה תֻמִּים)."

From the use of the verbs hippil and nilkad in connection with the Urim (verses 41–42), it appears that they were a kind of lot ((marked) stones or sticks?), since these verbs occur in connection with the casting of lots (Isa. 34:17; I Sam. 10:20). They were suitable for indicating which of two alternatives was right; hence inquiries to be decided by them were designed to elicit "yes" or "no" answers (I Sam. 23:10–12;30:8).

Saul said: "O YHWH God of Israel, why have you not answered your servant this day? If the guilt be in me or in my son Jonathan. O YHWH God of Israel, give Urim (הָבָה אוּרִים). But if this guilt is in your people Israel, give Thummim (הָבָה תֻמִּים)."
The Urim & Thummim

They were not used for any lengthy translating of one language to another---ever.

Reactions: BigDaddy4
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If they find evidence that Jesus Christ visited the Americas after his death and resurrection in Jerusalem, there is only 1 person that has written about that visit since 1830, and only 1 religion that teaches about it, and that is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If we find that Jesus really did come to the Americas and teach his gospel, you will have to acknowledge that JS was a prophet of God and you will want to join the Mormon church, as abhorrent as that is to you at this time, because you will know it is the true church and that Jesus works through it in these days to prepare the world for the second coming.

Since there isn't any evidence, when will you acknowledge that the lds church is false, and Joseph Smith was a false prophet? You won't get a chance in the afterlife to change your mind...

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You can talk about what is normal all day, but God will do as He wishes, not how you think He should do things, even if He did things different in the past.

For instance, how many times has God appeared to a man from a burning bush?

Do you believe that God appeared to Moses from a burning bush? You shouldn't, because he has never done it that way in the past, and He hasn't done it that way since. Everytime that comes up I expect you to object to that burning bush appearance as being non-true.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Since there isn't any evidence, when will you acknowledge that the lds church is false, and Joseph Smith was a false prophet? You won't get a chance in the afterlife to change your mind...
There is evidence, but you will not acknowledge it. I expect some time in the future that there will be so much evidence that it will be hard to dismiss it as fanciful.

The question again is. When there is enough evidence to convert the normal person to the fact that Jesus did come to the Americas after his death and resurrection, will you consider converting to Mormonism?

Interestingly enough, dzheremi told me that even if he were in S. America and Jesus came to him and told him personally that he had visited the Americas, he would run away as fast as he could because he knew he was talking to a false Jesus. So I don't expect him to be converting to Mormonism any time soon.
But what about you?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You can talk about what is normal all day, but God will do as He wishes, not how you think He should do things, even if He did things different in the past.

For instance, how many times has God appeared to a man from a burning bush?

Do you believe that God appeared to Moses from a burning bush? You shouldn't, because he has never done it that way in the past, and He hasn't done it that way since. Everytime that comes up I expect you to object to that burning bush appearance as being non-true.

Don't be silly--of course it's true. And in Daniel "one like unto the son of God" was in the fiery furnace along with the 3 friends of Daniel. I would question if God had been using fire throughout the bible in many other ways, and then all of a sudden, for no apparent reason, decided to show Himself underwater---I would question that. Not that He can't show Himself underwater, and He most certainly can show Himself anyway He wants. But if He does something one way for thousands of years and all of a sudden the method changes---you have to, at the very least question, as to whether it is of God. To question is not against God. Gideon wanted proof of God's instruction being from Him and he asked in 2 different methods to show him that this message was of God.
God has always been quite direct. He spoke directly to His prophet---He never once gave them anything in a foreign language they could not understand. Why would He? He just tells them what they need to know. Why on earth would He give anyone tablets in some ancient never before heard of language for them to struggle through to translate it when all He has to do is tell them? No need of making errors in translation, no staying up nights trying to work through a foreign language using stones in a hat-- just a direct line from the Almighty to His prophet--that's it.
God is very patient with us. He did not reprimand Thomas for doubting--He says to try the spirits, He warns us of false prophets and provides methods to detect one, He said to stone a false prophet and gave us examples of them--He doesn't want us to just go off and believe everything, for Satan is very clever.

Isa_1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

I know this is talking about sins--however, what I love about this verse is "Come now, and let us reason together,"--that is an awesome thought. He doesn't treat us like morons but expects us to use the brain He gave us to reason things out and talk to Him and to keep from falling into Satan's traps.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
There is evidence, but you will not acknowledge it. I expect some time in the future that there will be so much evidence that it will be hard to dismiss it as fanciful.

The question again is. When there is enough evidence to convert the normal person to the fact that Jesus did come to the Americas after his death and resurrection, will you consider converting to Mormonism?

Interestingly enough, dzheremi told me that even if he were in S. America and Jesus came to him and told him personally that he had visited the Americas, he would run away as fast as he could because he knew he was talking to a false Jesus. So I don't expect him to be converting to Mormonism any time soon.
But what about you?

If God stands before me asks me why I did not beli9eve in JS, I will tell Him that I did according to His word and tested the spirit of truth in his writings and according to the word of God, he predictions did not come true and that I reasoned as God Himself said that this was not of Him---
2Co_11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
Gal_1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
I, too, agree with dzheremi.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
If God stands before me asks me why I did not beli9eve in JS, I will tell Him that I did according to His word and tested the spirit of truth in his writings and according to the word of God, he predictions did not come true and that I reasoned as God Himself said that this was not of Him---
2Co_11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
Gal_1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
I, too, agree with dzheremi.
Good reply. What if God then said, yes, JS was not a perfect man, but he was chosen to restore my church back to the earth. He did his job and then I took him.

You do know that Jesus was accused of all manner of wickedness and therefore he could not have been the Son of God. Many of the prophets and the apostles were accused of being wicked men, so this is not new.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Good reply. What if God then said, yes, JS was not a perfect man, but he was chosen to restore my church back to the earth. He did his job and then I took him.

You do know that Jesus was accused of all manner of wickedness and therefore he could not have been the Son of God. Many of the prophets and the apostles were accused of being wicked men, so this is not new.

Huge, huge difference between being accused of wickedness and actually doing it. And nobody expects JS to be perfect, no prophet of God ever was. The question is not was JS a perfect man---the question is, was he a prophet of Go---according to scripture, he was not.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Huge, huge difference between being accused of wickedness and actually doing it. And nobody expects JS to be perfect, no prophet of God ever was. The question is not was JS a perfect man---the question is, was he a prophet of Go---according to scripture, he was not.
According to scripture, many of the prophets of the OT are not prophets. According to scripture, Jesus failed the test. So I would not put too much weight on your OT scripture.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
According to scripture, many of the prophets of the OT are not prophets. According to scripture, Jesus failed the test. So I would not put too much weight on your OT scripture.

You name one instance where Jesus failed the test.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

But what about you?
There is no evidence and you know it. You're just blowing smoke with the "you will not acknowledge it" smoke screen.

I'd follow dzheremi as fast as I could if that were to happen.

Upvote 0