Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Well you start out by saying that the only thing that is called spirit in the bible is God. But then you realized that Jesus encountered unclean spirits, so you added that. Then you added angels because you know they are spirits. I could add to your list but I think your knowledge of the spirit world is limited to some doctrine you have grown up with so keep it and continue to have a dark spot about a very large contingent of living beings that exist.

You then say that God created brains and through that intellect. And if your brain is destroyed, you would not exist. And after saying this, you have the gaul to poke fun at JS, that he was not thinking at that moment, when he answered the time old question about what gives life.

Yes God gives life, but he does that through the spirits he created. (Each one is a part of Him) Everything that exists, exists because they have the breath of life in them (other words for spirit). From man to animals to plants, all have a spirit that is the animator of the body. The brain does not animate the body.
This is the truth: take the spirit out of the body and it will die, even though it has an intact, perfectly functioning brain.

JS was spot on correct. And why would be not be, he learned it from the Creator Himself.

Geez----You are sooooo disconnected! Jesus said God is spirit. I started off with what Jesus said about God. Then I was stating the other times that the bible mentions that word, which has more than one meaning--not that I suddenly remembered.
As for JS----I said "he is not thinking at the moment"
Psa_146:4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.
I even quoted the verse and you still did not get it---When you die your thoughts perish--that is what the bible says. So right now---JS isn't thinking!
:doh:

You can believe we existed before we were born and that there were 2 creations---it just isn't in the bible---it was only in the mind of JS---believe him over the bible if you want--I will not.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
mmksparbud says,
Psa_146:4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.
I even quoted the verse and you still did not get it---When you die your thoughts perish--that is what the bible says.

The bible also says that Jesus after he died, he lived in the spirit and went to preach to the spirits in prison. (I presume that if Jesus is preaching to them, they are still alive and still have thoughts). I know you do not believe this, but to support this scripture of spirits with thoughts, though they were in prison, here is another scripture about the afterlife of the dead:
1 Peter 4:5-6King James Version (KJV)
5 Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.
6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

So here you have another scripture that tells us that the gospel is preached to those that are dead, not just in prison. LDS say many of the dead, who are living in spirit form, have not ever heard of the name of Jesus Christ, so this preaching is for them so that they may believe, repent, be baptized by proxy and have the HS. So that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit. Every person who has lived on earth must have a chance to learn about Jesus and the gospel, or the judgement would not be fair.

How and why would the gospel be preached to the dead, if the dead have no thoughts?? Or if the dead fall asleep??? How do you preach the gospel to a sleeping spirit? You don't, you preach the gospel to living spirits, waiting for the gospel so they can be resurrected into the highest kingdom in heaven.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
mmksparbud says,

The bible also says that Jesus after he died, he lived in the spirit and went to preach to the spirits in prison. (I presume that if Jesus is preaching to them, they are still alive and still have thoughts). I know you do not believe this, but to support this scripture of spirits with thoughts, though they were in prison, here is another scripture about the afterlife of the dead:
6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

So here you have another scripture that tells us that the gospel is preached to those that are dead, not just in prison. LDS say many of the dead, who are living in spirit form, have not ever heard of the name of Jesus Christ, so this preaching is for them so that they may believe, repent, be baptized by proxy and have the HS. So that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit. Every person who has lived on earth must have a chance to learn about Jesus and the gospel, or the judgement would not be fair.

How and why would the gospel be preached to the dead, if the dead have no thoughts?? Or if the dead fall asleep??? How do you preach the gospel to a sleeping spirit? You don't, you preach the gospel to living spirits, waiting for the gospel so they can be resurrected into the highest kingdom in heaven.

You, of course, and most of Christianity, believe in life right after death---we do not. We believe in what the world has termed, "soul sleep" That is a whole different topic there are always threads about that. I also do not believe in an everlasting burning hell. Also a different topic and also has many threads, I think I've been on most. But that is why I said what I did. I can post numerous verses and then you will post numerous verses and we will still both be on opposite aides. I di not believe in the immortality of the soul. God will destroy the wicked and the fallen angels--He will destroy sin.
Every person on earth will have had their chance at being saved. God is justice also. No one will be able to say "Not fair!"
Now---back to whatever the topic is.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You, of course, and most of Christianity, believe in life right after death---we do not. We believe in what the world has termed, "soul sleep" That is a whole different topic there are always threads about that. I also do not believe in an everlasting burning hell. Also a different topic and also has many threads, I think I've been on most. But that is why I said what I did. I can post numerous verses and then you will post numerous verses and we will still both be on opposite aides. I di not believe in the immortality of the soul. God will destroy the wicked and the fallen angels--He will destroy sin.
Every person on earth will have had their chance at being saved. God is justice also. No one will be able to say "Not fair!"
Now---back to whatever the topic is.
This is just a 'more information' OP so it is kind of open.

I would like you to comment on the scripture that I gave you:

The LDS concept of the spirit world and preaching there seems to be in good biblical standing with this scripture and others. So the question was, how can there be preaching to the dead, if the dead are in a 'soul sleep'?

I really looked at the scripture you brought out:
Psalm 146:4King James Version (KJV)
4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.

I do not know who's breath goeth forth? Is it Gods?
I do not know who 'he' is? Is it God?
I do not know why 'he' is returning to the earth? Is it God returning?
I do not know why in that very day his thought perish? Is it God's thoughts that are perishing?

Can you enlighten me further?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
This is just a 'more information' OP so it is kind of open.

I would like you to comment on the scripture that I gave you:

The LDS concept of the spirit world and preaching there seems to be in good biblical standing with this scripture and others. So the question was, how can there be preaching to the dead, if the dead are in a 'soul sleep'?

I really looked at the scripture you brought out:
Psalm 146:4King James Version (KJV)
4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.

I do not know who's breath goeth forth? Is it Gods?
I do not know who 'he' is? Is it God?
I do not know why 'he' is returning to the earth? Is it God returning?
I do not know why in that very day his thought perish? Is it God's thoughts that are perishing?

Can you enlighten me further?

They are dead now--not when the gospel was preached to them.

Psa 146:2 While I live will I praise the LORD: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.
Psa 146:3 Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.
Psa 146:4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.

If you read the verse before it, it tells you---princes, son of man---in other words--don't put your trust in anyone, there is no help in them, his breath, that is, their breath, everyone's breath, will leave them, they return to dust, that day his thoughts perish.
There are many verses about us returning to dust.

Gen_3:19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.
Job_10:9 Remember, I beseech thee, that thou hast made me as the clay; and wilt thou bring me into dust again?
Job_34:15 All flesh shall perish together, and man shall turn again unto dust.
Psa_103:14 For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.
Psa_104:29 Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to their dust.
Job_21:26 They shall lie down alike in the dust, and the worms shall cover them.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married

They are dead now--not when the gospel was preached to them.

Psa 146:2 While I live will I praise the LORD: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.
Psa 146:3 Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.
Psa 146:4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.

If you read the verse before it, it tells you---princes, son of man---in other words--don't put your trust in anyone, there is no help in them, his breath, that is, their breath, everyone's breath, will leave them, they return to dust, that day his thoughts perish.
There are many verses about us returning to dust.

Gen_3:19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.
Job_10:9 Remember, I beseech thee, that thou hast made me as the clay; and wilt thou bring me into dust again?
Job_34:15 All flesh shall perish together, and man shall turn again unto dust.
Psa_103:14 For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.
Psa_104:29 Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to their dust.
Job_21:26 They shall lie down alike in the dust, and the worms shall cover them.
I can see how you might interpret this passage the way you did. So I thought I would see what other Christians said about this passage and my very first search came up with this Christian interpretation:
Go to: 1 Peter 4:6 Commentaries: For the gospel has for this purpose been preached even to those who are dead, that though they are judged in the flesh as men, they may live in the spirit according to the will of God.
But here is the commentary:

(6) For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead.—This version is misleading, and seems indeed to be one of those rare cases where the original has been expanded by the translators for doctrinal ends. The Greek is simply, For for this end was the gospel preached to the dead also, or, still more literally, to dead men also. No one with an un-preoccupied mind could doubt, taking this clause by itself, that the persons to whom this preaching was made were dead at the time of being preached to. If this is the case, then, pretty obviously, St. Peter is carrying us back to his teaching of 1Peter 3:19, and is explaining further the purpose of Christ’s descent into hell.

This is also how Mormons interpret this passage of scripture. As you know, we believe in a spirit world where all the spirits of men go after they die. In this spirit world they will have an opportunity to be preached to, for the purpose of giving them a chance to believe in Jesus.
This scirpture confirms that doctrine and also dovetails into 1 Peter 3:19 that confirms this doctrine.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I can see how you might interpret this passage the way you did. So I thought I would see what other Christians said about this passage and my very first search came up with this Christian interpretation:
Go to: 1 Peter 4:6 Commentaries: For the gospel has for this purpose been preached even to those who are dead, that though they are judged in the flesh as men, they may live in the spirit according to the will of God.
But here is the commentary:

(6) For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead.—This version is misleading, and seems indeed to be one of those rare cases where the original has been expanded by the translators for doctrinal ends. The Greek is simply, For for this end was the gospel preached to the dead also, or, still more literally, to dead men also. No one with an un-preoccupied mind could doubt, taking this clause by itself, that the persons to whom this preaching was made were dead at the time of being preached to. If this is the case, then, pretty obviously, St. Peter is carrying us back to his teaching of 1Peter 3:19, and is explaining further the purpose of Christ’s descent into hell.

This is also how Mormons interpret this passage of scripture. As you know, we believe in a spirit world where all the spirits of men go after they die. In this spirit world they will have an opportunity to be preached to, for the purpose of giving them a chance to believe in Jesus.
This scirpture confirms that doctrine and also dovetails into 1 Peter 3:19 that confirms this doctrine.

That confirms your believe. But it contradicts all the other verses dealing with death.
(Psa 6:5) For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?
(Psa 88:10) Wilt thou shew wonders to the dead? shall the dead arise and praise thee? Selah.
Isa 51:6) Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished.
(Eze 18:4) Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.
(Eze 18:20) The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him
(Eze 33:15) If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.
(Psa 88:11) Shall thy lovingkindness be declared in the grave? or thy faithfulness in destruction?
(Psa 88:12) Shall thy wonders be known in the dark? and thy righteousness in the land of forgetfulness?
(Psa 115:17) The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
There are two books opened after we die. One book is the Lamb's Book of Life; if a person's name is in that Book, he has been saved.
Romans 3
But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 22Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 23For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
27Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.28Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Acts 13
39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

The other book contains the deeds of the unsaved.
Romans 3
19Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 20Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
When Jesus comes back---the decision has been made. He comes back for the saved. The lost are not resurrected, only the saved go with Jesus and spend the 1000 years in heaven with him.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

who is saved or lost is decided at their death. The great white throne judgement is to reveal the sins of the wicked and give everyone the reason why they are lost--and judgement is carried out---there is no 2nd chance.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
When Jesus comes back---the decision has been made. He comes back for the saved. The lost are not resurrected, only the saved go with Jesus and spend the 1000 years in heaven with him.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

who is saved or lost is decided at their death. The great white throne judgement is to reveal the sins of the wicked and give everyone the reason why they are lost--and judgement is carried out---there is no 2nd chance.
There are at least 3 resurrection:
1) the first was at the time of Jesus's resurrection.
2) the second one will be at the beginning of the millenium when Jesus come back.
3) the third one will be at the end of the millenium, when all the rest will be resurrected.

All humans that came to this earth will be resurrected, it just depends on your good works as to which resurrection you will enjoy at this point. The one at the beginning or the one at the end of the millenium.

After all are resurrected, then the final judgement will take place that will situate you in the Celestial KOG, or the Terrestrial KOG, or the Telestial KOG, or in outer darknesss, which is not a KOG.

You are right about judgement though. When we die there will be a first judgement as to whether we go into Paradise (where the thief went with Jesus) or into prison (where Jesus went to preach to those that are dead in prison).

This first judgement is a real judgement, it also judges if you will be in the second resurrection or if you have to wait another thousand years to be united with your body and enjoy the blessing of a resurrected body in the third and last resurrection. But it is not the final judgement, where you learn where you will spend eternity in heaven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
There are two books opened after we die. One book is the Lamb's Book of Life; if a person's name is in that Book, he has been saved.
Romans 3
But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 22Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 23For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
27Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.28Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Acts 13
39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

The other book contains the deeds of the unsaved.
Romans 3
19Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 20Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
Being saved in heaven is one thing.
Where you spend eternity in heaven is another thing.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
There are at least 3 resurrection:
1) the first was at the time of Jesus's resurrection.
2) the second one will be at the beginning of the millenium when Jesus come back.
3) the third one will be at the end of the millenium, when all the rest will be resurrected.

All humans that came to this earth will be resurrected, it just depends on your good works as to which resurrection you will enjoy at this point. The one at the beginning or the one at the end of the millenium.

After all are resurrected, then the final judgement will take place that will situate you in the Celestial KOG, or the Terrestrial KOG, or the Telestial KOG, or in outer darknesss, which is not a KOG.

You are right about judgement though. When we die there will be a first judgement as to whether we go into Paradise (where the thief went with Jesus) or into prison (where Jesus went to preach to those that are dead in prison).

This first judgement is a real judgement, it also judges if you will be in the second resurrection or if you have to wait another thousand years to be united with your body and enjoy the blessing of a resurrected body in the third and last resurrection. But it is not the final judgement, where you learn where you will spend eternity in heaven.

The bible calls the resurrection when Jesus returns as the first resurrection--and that is what we go by. Those resurrected at the resurrection of Jesus is unknown as to how many there were. It was not THE resurrection of all the saved till then but of a select few. This is all that is said.
Mat 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
Mat 27:53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.
Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

There is nothing in the bible anywhere that states we are resurrected to different parts of heaven.

Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

I some translations the word "mansions" is more accurately interpreted as rooms. Which I like better. It portrays a picture of Jesus going to prepare His Father's house for us, by adding extra rooms to His house for us. We all go home---not to different places, there is no basis for that theory.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
That confirms your believe. But it contradicts all the other verses dealing with death.

All these scriptures are wonderful, but that does not mean that you are going into a 'soul sleep' until the resurrection. Lots of other Christians feel the same way.

But let's take a look at each scritpure individually, and see if they answer what happens to the dead after life is over on earth:

(Psa 6:5) For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?
It says in death there is no remembrance of thee, but it does not say there will be no remembrance of anything. So this does not work for you.

(Psa 88:10) Wilt thou shew wonders to the dead? shall the dead arise and praise thee? Selah.
He is asking a question, he does not say wonders will not be shown to the dead. Shall the dead arise and praise thee? The answer is yes. So this does not work for you.

Isa 51:6) Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished.
Yes, this is a true statement, but it does not say the dead sleep? This does not work for you.

(Eze 18:4) Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.
This is a true statement, the soul that sinneth and does not believe in Jesus and is cleansed, will die a spriritual death. Which to Mormons is eternity out of the presence of God the Father. This does not work for you.

(Eze 18:20) The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him
This is just like the one above. This does not work for you.

(Eze 33:15) If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.
This is a true statement but applies to the living only. This does not work for you.

(Psa 88:11) Shall thy lovingkindness be declared in the grave? or thy faithfulness in destruction?
He asks 2 questions, he has committed adultery and murdered and lied about it. He is asking 'shall thy lovingkindness be declared in the grave? The answer is no for him, but yes for those that kept his commandments.
This does not work for you because the answer was not given to the quesitons.

(Psa 88:12) Shall thy wonders be known in the dark? and thy righteousness in the land of forgetfulness?
Same questions, same no anwer. For David he is going to a land of forgetfulness because of his gross sins and he knows it. For others the afterlife will be beautiful. This will not work for you.

(Psa 115:17) The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence.
This is the only scripture of all of them that come close to our inquiry of the dead, but this one falls short also.
See the scripture you quoted and the scripture right after, here they are:
Psalm 115:17-18King James Version (KJV)
17 The dead praise not the Lord, neither any that go down into silence.
18 But we will bless the Lord from this time forth and for evermore. Praise the Lord.
Because those that bless the Lord will do so from this time forth and for evermore, means even after they die, they will be praising the Lord.
The dead in this respect means those that are dead to God. These will not praise the Lord now or even when they die. So alas, this does not work for you either.

Sorry none of these give any real light on life after death. But thanks anyway.[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The highest level of heaven is where God resides.

Where God resides all the sheep also reside.

Matthew 25
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
It says in death there is no remembrance of thee, but it does not say there will be no remembrance of anything. So this does not work for you.

Psa 6:4 Return, O LORD, deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies' sake.
Psa 6:5 For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?
He is talking to God here! He is saying that in death you have no remembrance of God!!---But you think there will be memories of other things?!

He is asking a question, he does not say wonders will not be shown to the dead. Shall the dead arise and praise thee? The answer is yes. So this does not work for you.
Psa 88:9 Mine eye mourneth by reason of affliction: LORD, I have called daily upon thee, I have stretched out my hands unto thee.
Psa 88:10 Wilt thou shew wonders to the dead? shall the dead arise and praise thee? Selah.
Psa 88:11 Shall thy lovingkindness be declared in the grave? or thy faithfulness in destruction?
Psa 88:12 Shall thy wonders be known in the dark? and thy righteousness in the land of forgetfulness?
Psa 88:13 But unto thee have I cried, O LORD; and in the morning shall my prayer prevent thee.
Psa 88:14 LORD, why castest thou off my soul? why hidest thou thy face from me?

The answer is obviously NO! David is mourning, he is sorrowful, "Shall thy wonders be known in the dark? and thy righteousness in the land of forgetfulness?"---NO! There is nothing in death.

This is a true statement, the soul that sinneth and does not believe in Jesus and is cleansed, will die a spriritual death. Which to Mormons is eternity out of the presence of God the Father. This does not work for you.

Does not in any way say that we die a spiritual death. The soul that sinneth, it shall die. Does not say it shall spend eternity out of my presence--it says die.

He asks 2 questions, he has committed adultery and murdered and lied about it. He is asking 'shall thy lovingkindness be declared in the grave? The answer is no for him, but yes for those that kept his commandments.
This does not work for you because the answer was not given to the quesitons.

He says niothiing about those that keep His commandments---he asks if God's loving kindness will be declared in the grave---it is obviously NO!

Same questions, same no anwer. For David he is going to a land of forgetfulness because of his gross sins and he knows it. For others the afterlife will be beautiful. This will not work for you.

It says nothing about David knowing he spends eternity out of God's presence---nothing about it. He knows one thing---his sins were forgiven. covered by the blood of sacrifice as was done then. Nothing anywhere in the OT or the NT about being outside the presence of God. When you're sins are forgiven, they are forgiven--
Psa_32:1 A Psalm of David, Maschil. Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
Psa_85:2 Thou hast forgiven the iniquity of thy people, thou hast covered all their sin. Selah.
Psa 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
Isa_43:25 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

When God forgives---He will not remember your sins!! There is no record of the sins of the forgiven.

17 The dead praise not the Lord, neither any that go down into silence.
18 But we will bless the Lord from this time forth and for evermore. Praise the Lord.
Because those that bless the Lord will do so from this time forth and for evermore, means even after they die, they will be praising the Lord.
The dead in this respect means those that are dead to God. These will not praise the Lord now or even when they die. So alas, this does not work for you either.

The dead praise not the Lord---period. Not the spiritually dead--not any other kind of dead---the dead praise not the Lord. But we will praise the Lord, those that are alive and when we are resurrected. Even the saved do not praise in the grave, only after we are resurrected.

Nope---none of your arguments work at all and are inaccurate to the rendering of the scriptures. You, after all your time in the reading of His word, do not recognize the way that the Jews wrote when they ask a question. Even today, they still do that and even every comedian makes fun of the Jewish way of asking questions when the answer is an obvious NO!---

“I see you got a ‘D’ in physics.”
“Who am I, Einstein?!”
“What? Passing isn’t enough for you?”
"And my ‘A’ in Viking Lit means bupkes?”
“From physics I’ll make a living?

Leo Rosten, in his seminal The Joys of Yiddish not only confirmed this syntax as a specifically Jewish trait, but viewed “the question” as one way to distinguish between Jew and Gentile! Questioning, deriving from Talmudic debate imbues us with the unusual tradition of saying: “I believe! But nu, if I ask You’ll ‘show me?’” But more, through skepticism we analyzed the often treacherous world around us, and learned that an answer may be dangerous, misleading, obvious, unknown, or unnecessary.
Morris and Izzy were sitting over tuna salad discussing the meaning of the cosmos. “Life,” said Morris, “is life a bowl of tuna fish.”
Izzy considered, “So, why is life like a bowl of tuna fish?”
“How should I know? What am I, a philosopher?”

Jews Love Questions

JS's big, big fail, was not knowing the Jewish way of speaking. How they saw things as compared to modern Gentiles. He read the KJV and that is how his books read. That was the first thing I noticed about his books.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Psa 6:4 Return, O LORD, deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies' sake.
Psa 6:5 For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?
He is talking to God here! He is saying that in death you have no remembrance of God!!---But you think there will be memories of other things?!

Psa 88:9 Mine eye mourneth by reason of affliction: LORD, I have called daily upon thee, I have stretched out my hands unto thee.
Psa 88:10 Wilt thou shew wonders to the dead? shall the dead arise and praise thee? Selah.
Psa 88:11 Shall thy lovingkindness be declared in the grave? or thy faithfulness in destruction?
Psa 88:12 Shall thy wonders be known in the dark? and thy righteousness in the land of forgetfulness?
Psa 88:13 But unto thee have I cried, O LORD; and in the morning shall my prayer prevent thee.
Psa 88:14 LORD, why castest thou off my soul? why hidest thou thy face from me?

The answer is obviously NO! David is mourning, he is sorrowful, "Shall thy wonders be known in the dark? and thy righteousness in the land of forgetfulness?"---NO! There is nothing in death.

Does not in any way say that we die a spiritual death. The soul that sinneth, it shall die. Does not say it shall spend eternity out of my presence--it says die.

He says niothiing about those that keep His commandments---he asks if God's loving kindness will be declared in the grave---it is obviously NO!

It says nothing about David knowing he spends eternity out of God's presence---nothing about it. He knows one thing---his sins were forgiven. covered by the blood of sacrifice as was done then. Nothing anywhere in the OT or the NT about being outside the presence of God. When you're sins are forgiven, they are forgiven--
Psa_32:1 A Psalm of David, Maschil. Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
Psa_85:2 Thou hast forgiven the iniquity of thy people, thou hast covered all their sin. Selah.
Psa 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
Isa_43:25 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

When God forgives---He will not remember your sins!! There is no record of the sins of the forgiven.

The dead praise not the Lord---period. Not the spiritually dead--not any other kind of dead---the dead praise not the Lord. But we will praise the Lord, those that are alive and when we are resurrected. Even the saved do not praise in the grave, only after we are resurrected.

Nope---none of your arguments work at all and are inaccurate to the rendering of the scriptures. You, after all your time in the reading of His word, do not recognize the way that the Jews wrote when they ask a question. Even today, they still do that and even every comedian makes fun of the Jewish way of asking questions when the answer is an obvious NO!---

“I see you got a ‘D’ in physics.”
“Who am I, Einstein?!”
“What? Passing isn’t enough for you?”
"And my ‘A’ in Viking Lit means bupkes?”
“From physics I’ll make a living?

Leo Rosten, in his seminal The Joys of Yiddish not only confirmed this syntax as a specifically Jewish trait, but viewed “the question” as one way to distinguish between Jew and Gentile! Questioning, deriving from Talmudic debate imbues us with the unusual tradition of saying: “I believe! But nu, if I ask You’ll ‘show me?’” But more, through skepticism we analyzed the often treacherous world around us, and learned that an answer may be dangerous, misleading, obvious, unknown, or unnecessary.
Morris and Izzy were sitting over tuna salad discussing the meaning of the cosmos. “Life,” said Morris, “is life a bowl of tuna fish.”
Izzy considered, “So, why is life like a bowl of tuna fish?”
“How should I know? What am I, a philosopher?”

Jews Love Questions

JS's big, big fail, was not knowing the Jewish way of speaking. How they saw things as compared to modern Gentiles. He read the KJV and that is how his books read. That was the first thing I noticed about his books.
Do you really think that JS could write in KJV language a book that contained 531 pages, starting in Jerusalem in 600bc and ending in Mexico City in 400ad???
The answer is no?????

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You forget-- I am SDA--
"During her lifetime she wrote more than 5,000 periodical articles and 40 books; but today, including compilations from her 50,000 pages of manuscript, more than 100 titles are available in English. She is the most translated woman writer in the entire history of literature, and the most translated American author of either gender. Her writings cover a broad range of subjects, including religion, education, social relationships, evangelism, prophecy, publishing, nutrition, and management. Her life-changing masterpiece on successful Christian living, Steps to Christ, has been published in more than 140 languages."

"The question of how many books she wrote may have more than one answer, depending on such factors as one's definition of a book. (Some shorter pieces might be called a book by some and a tract by others, for instance.) One other responsible tally that I am aware of places the count of books published during her lifetime at 49. Since Mrs. White's death, however, many topical compilations of material have been made from her writings, both published and (up to then) unpublished. These bring the total to "more than 100," as it says above, and by another count, about 130."

The Smithsonian magazine named Ellen G. White among 100 Most Significant American Figures, in an acknowledgement of her influence on religion.

She could not go to school after the age of 9 due to injuries. She went no further than the 3rd grade.
Yes--the uneducated can write. It's going to take a lot more than what JS wrote to impress me.

Upvote 0