Morally speaking, are Atheists and Muslims immoral?

Are atheists and Muslims immoral?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Prove it.

I'm not allowed to suggest that you may have a tone by the post you make and I wouldnt dream of suggesting what you're saying or doing here. But if this were anyone else other than you, I'd say that person had a problem with me and since I dont deal with pubescent teens. I would ask them to explain themselves or be moved to the ignore list.
I'm so glad its not you because I know you wouldnt ignore what I just said and ask me to put you on ignore for the sake of your pride.
Which is what a pubescent teen would do.

Wow, quite a rant, in response to seven straight forward and simple words.

Feeling ok today?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Not exactly, but really close to that.
That we have been using or recycling the same morality so long now that it's impossible to tell what could be original.
What an Atheist or even a secularist/ being many different ideals, says they put together for their own benefit is in one form or another something that's already in use and un-original.
If its an un-original form of morality, (Even though its being combined with several other forms of morality) then its still not "your" morality because you didnt come up with it.

You by yourself, do not have the ability to procreate morality.
And you can not be credited for the use of it. That comes from another source.
To take credit for using a miss mash of morality to better suit yourself still doesnt mean that you're a moral person simply because you're using moral standards and because you also did not make your own morals you can not be called morally correct for the sake of calling you so.
You're just doing what everyone else is.
And everyone else has been following a standard that has been around so long that its impossible to tell what could be the original.

Unless.

You know the original through another form that isnt necessarily morality but morality did come from it because a moral standard was needed to practice it.
Like, religion or cultural differences.
They only thing that sets morality apart are those 2 factors.
Religion and culture.
Like say, Thanking the Lord for your meal or asking him to bless it before you eat.
Thats a Christian value.
Or It's polite to hold the door for someone. You may or may not know where that one came from, but it has its origins in something and isnt something people just do.
You cant assume that just because you dont know where something came from that its instinctive and you're using your own judgment on whether or not it should be used. Because you're more than likely using it subconsciously.

I'm not sure polite has a bearing on morality, but that aside....let's put your ideas to the test (a practical test) shall we?

Suppose I witness a fistfight. I'm in a bar or restaurant and overhear two guys beginning to argue. Then they stand up and begin punching each other. The fight gets broken up and they go on their separate ways. I then turn to the diner next to me and say "The guy in the blue shirt was right because.....x y z...."

Who's moral value would that be other than mine? This is just meant to be an example of the everyday sort of moral opinions we develop and share with others all the time. You're claiming it's unoriginal...but it's entirely unique to what I just saw. I don't see how it can be related to a "standard" or originating from someone else.

Can you explain why you think it does?

Upvote 0

Mattao

Jun 9, 2015
✟1,128.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not sure polite has a bearing on morality, but that aside....let's put your ideas to the test (a practical test) shall we?

Suppose I witness a fistfight. I'm in a bar or restaurant and overhear two guys beginning to argue. Then they stand up and begin punching each other. The fight gets broken up and they go on their separate ways. I then turn to the diner next to me and say "The guy in the blue shirt was right because.....x y z...."

Who's moral value would that be other than mine? This is just meant to be an example of the everyday sort of moral opinions we develop and share with others all the time. You're claiming it's unoriginal...but it's entirely unique to what I just saw. I don't see how it can be related to a "standard" or originating from someone else.

Can you explain why you think it does?
It all depends on why you said the guy in the blue shirt won.
How can you saying, "the guy in the blue shirt is right".. equate to any moral standard?
You didnt do anything but say what you thought.
Not that morality needs an action to work, but it really does need an action. Words like Thank you and You're Welcome, or Please. You're just saying them but you're taking action to say them by making the choice to say them.

The bible says, a wise man listens.
But there's a difference between listening and jumping in when you think you have an advantage. One is morally correct and one is the act of a coward which has become confused with wisdom because it gives one the advantage.

If by your example the person you were talking to about the fight was a police officer asking for help identifying who was in the right, than that's an act of chivalry.
If you were saying it to start more trouble, than that's immoral, and simply saying it to another diner for your own benefit falls under immorality.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It all depends on why you said the guy in the blue shirt won.
How can you saying, "the guy in the blue shirt is right".. equate to any moral standard?
You didnt do anything but say what you thought.
Not that morality needs an action to work, but it really does need an action. Words like Thank you and You're Welcome, or Please. You're just saying them but you're taking action to say them by making the choice to say them.

The bible says, a wise man listens.
But there's a difference between listening and jumping in when you think you have an advantage. One is morally correct and one is the act of a coward which has become confused with wisdom because it gives one the advantage.

If by your example the person you were talking to about the fight was a police officer asking for help identifying who was in the right, than that's an act of chivalry.
If you were saying it to start more trouble, than that's immoral, and simply saying it to another diner for your own benefit falls under immorality.

Well the reason I didn't get into detail is because the reasons I thought the guy in the blue shirt was right are unique to that situation...and therefore unique to my morals.

Upvote 0

Mattao

Jun 9, 2015
✟1,128.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well the reason I didn't get into detail is because the reasons I thought the guy in the blue shirt was right are unique to that situation...and therefore unique to my morals.
The guy in the blue shirt?
I was talking about the 4 geeks in the internet forum who were tripping over one another to make fun of someone.
All good examples of immorality.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I was talking about the 4 geeks in the internet forum who were tripping over one another to make fun of someone.

You lost me there....

What post were you talking about that in?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Maybe what you perceive is simple "human weakness" and not a morality issue.

Upvote 0