Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, I wear skirts and dresses in and outside of the church. I grew up wearing skirts and dresses, so I feel most comfortable with the standard that my mom and church taught me. I think it would be hypocritical to be modest in church, but not be modest outside of church.
I agree about the hypocrisy aspect of dressing modestly only for church.
To me. modest dresses are to the shoe top.
What say ye?

Reactions: Christgirl67
Upvote 0

Christgirl67

Apr 9, 2017
N/A
✟49,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I agree about the hypocrisy aspect of dressing modestly only for church.
To me. modest dresses are to the shoe top.
What say ye?
I agree, I think women and men should always be modest especially if they are representing Christ.

• Agree
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree, I think women and men should always be modest especially if they are representing Christ.
The thing is, we represent Christ everywhere we go...and on everyday.
Did you see the vulgar ad after post #21?
Is there a way to get rid of it?

Upvote 0

Christgirl67

Apr 9, 2017
N/A
✟49,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The thing is, we represent Christ everywhere we go...and on everyday.
Did you see the vulgar ad after post #21?
Is there a way to get rid of it?
I think you can tell the admins about it, they should look into it.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ladies: What are your modesty guidelines for your Sunday outfit?

Does it not matter because it's the heart that matters?

or

Do you think that your outfit reflects your reverence for God?
I do believe that clothing matters. Dressing nicely and modestly is good. A blouse, a skirt that at least covers the knees, would be good. Sometimes, though, I have gone in jeans and a sweater, 'cause that's all I had. It was more casual, but still simple, and modest. A veil is awesome. Always appropriate, but often rare.

Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do believe that clothing matters. Dressing nicely and modestly is good. A blouse, a skirt that at least covers the knees, would be good. Sometimes, though, I have gone in jeans and a sweater, 'cause that's all I had. It was more casual, but still simple, and modest. A veil is awesome. Always appropriate, but often rare.
What is the point of a veil?
God gave women long hair for a covering...and it is a glory to them. (1 Cor 11:15)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mary Meg

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2019
Alabama
✟31,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I honor God with my dress.

I almost always wear a modest dress or skirt and top. If my skirt is shorter than knee length, I wear tights or leggings. If my top doesn't have sleeves, I wear a cardigan or shawl. I'm Baptist.

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Myself I prefer long skirts/dresses but have also worn pants when that was all I had .
I also cover my head.
As long as clothes are clean and not revealing I think that is all that matters.

I used to think none of it mattered but we should have respect for God and ourselves at all times.
A church I went to had one young girl who attended with her family in really revealing clothes and mini skirt and whilst attendance is the important thing, I could have understood this if she were a new Christian and had yet to know what is respectful, this wasn't the case as her father was the church secretary. This was distracting to me and I am female so to a male.....

Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Myself I prefer long skirts/dresses but have also worn pants when that was all I had .
I also cover my head.
As long as clothes are clean and not revealing I think that is all that matters.

I used to think none of it mattered but we should have respect for God and ourselves at all times.
A church I went to had one young girl who attended with her family in really revealing clothes and mini skirt and whilst attendance is the important thing, I could have understood this if she were a new Christian and had yet to know what is respectful, this wasn't the case as her father was the church secretary. This was distracting to me and I am female so to a male.....
Righteous living starts at the top and works its way down.
The dad is in error for allowing his daughter to wear such clothes...ever.

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Righteous living starts at the top and works its way down.
The dad is in error for allowing his daughter to wear such clothes...ever.
I totally agree, I really couldn't understand it at all...other than do some people really read their Bibles or just skim over stuff and pick out what they like.

As a matter of coincidence I happened to see a little bit of a UK show "Songs of praise"
last night and there was a girl singing solo in a church. Now apart from the thin cami top and short skirt she had on she even started to swing a bit not once but a couple of times, I specifically kept it on to check because I thought I was first mistaken.
It certainly wasn't modest by any stretch of the imagination and I found it so sad that this was considered as godly.

Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I totally agree, I really couldn't understand it at all...other than do some people really read their Bibles or just skim over stuff and pick out what they like.

As a matter of coincidence I happened to see a little bit of a UK show "Songs of praise"
last night and there was a girl singing solo in a church. Now apart from the thin cami top and short skirt she had on she even started to swing a bit not once but a couple of times, I specifically kept it on to check because I thought I was first mistaken.
It certainly wasn't modest by any stretch of the imagination and I found it so sad that this was considered as godly.
We are in agreement here.
If the outside is corrupt so is the inside.
We can only pray that some day the "girl" will turn from the darkness and unto God.
Let's keep her in our prayers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums