Misogyny is disgusting

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
People these days use the word 'abusive' so much that it's going to lose it's meaning, y'know. I already explained that while I myself would discourage an annual exam of that kind. Besides that, I HIGHLY doubt if she was born without a hymen, her father would immediately assume she somehow had sex without him knowing. Likewise, if the father is going to care about the hymen anyways, he'll either already know or be told that athletic activities can also break the hymen. .
. Since you didn’t look at what a hymen actually is . These are representative
E072636B-078D-49A5-8024-E1F95F0142D3.jpeg

There is nothing to break. Bloody sheets are mainly caused by abrasions from not being ready ( wet enough) in other words , male inexperience or inconsiderate behavior.

To have TI check his daughters hymen means that he’s perpetuating a myth and that is harmful to women . Since her gynaecologist knows this , this IS ABUSE.

Upvote 0

Quackduck

Nov 5, 2019
Chester
✟18,685.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
. Since you didn’t look at what a hymen actually is . These are representative View attachment 266595

There is nothing to break. Bloody sheets are mainly caused by abrasions from not being ready ( wet enough) in other words , male inexperience or inconsiderate behavior.

To have TI check his daughters hymen means that he’s perpetuating a myth and that is harmful to women . Since her gynaecologist knows this , this IS ABUSE.

Abuse for which the man would be prosecuted here in the UK and probably sent to prison.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟371,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Do not doctors ROUTINELY and ANNUALLY check for cancer ???

Not on healthy 18 year-olds. The current ACS and ACOG guideline is that Pap smears should begin at age 21, and then repeated every 3 years. (Unless of course, a woman has symptoms such as abnormal bleeding, discharge, pain, etc.) What this father is doing isn't about medical care. It's about power and control. It's actually a stain on the medical profession that a gynecologist would agree to this demeaning and unethical practice.

So then, is protecting family from what God calls serious sin (with potentially eternal consequences) , less important than protecting family from cancer that can usually be easily resolved?

The way to protect your children is to show them love and respect. You don't treat them like property. Of course, you should set clear standards and expectations for their behavior. But if you impart to your children a sense of dignity and self-worth, and that they are trusted to make good decisions, you give them the best tools to protect themselves.

And BTW, if this man is concerned about cancer prevention, I hope he allowed his daughter (and son, if he has one) to get the recommended HPV vaccinations.

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟243,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know this is probably not the right place for this but I feel that rap music is being denigrated when it is not the type of music that is the problem but the person and the message behind it. Often rap is an expression of what is happening in real life and probably the most expressive artistically. No flowery words but straight out telling like it is. Whereas I believe popular music can be more invasive and exploit young people because of the fact it is accepted more. The fact is each generation has its own style of music and the music is not the problem but the message behind it. Even young Christians move with the times and should not be forced to listen to outdated music just because it is believed to be more appropriate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6csM0TLZIs

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The problem is that mankind is sinful. Yahuweh Provides the only way to eternal life, in Jesus.

It is directly from Yahuweh, Biblical, and He is Always Righteous and Just, Perfectly.

The objections to Patriarchy (properly recognized and practices - not societal)
seems to be societal, against man's misuse of power OUTSIDE of God's Directions (again, men are sinful, not seeking Yahuweh, not living His Life)...

Scripturally, just as TORAH is right and good when it is used properly, not twisted or used in ungodly fashion,
so also Patriarchy, as God Says.

The objections seem to be mostly from women's lib movement the last 200 years, an ungodly and unrighteous movement with ungodly and unrighteous motives and ungodly and unrighteous goals. (opposed to God, and opposed to Jesus, and rejecting His Word)
Jeff, with all due respect - You would say all that nonsense as you're a man.
In the wonderful sections of the Torah you refer to, I'm sure men felt just great having women as property. Its a clever tactic to then enshrine that mistreatment into religion.

So I'm not surprised that men think its great.

But I'm equally certain women back then, were not happy being treated as property, mistreated, abused, treated as inferior. And Jeff - we don't like it today either.

Now you can attempt to brush it all away by going...pffffft womens lib bla bla..... because you're male. Well things have changed, Jeff, and as much as you may not like it, we are not going back to those misogynist days.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Biased perspective, eh?
No one 'likes', per se, miss treatment (sic), etc,
but
the Bible promises persecution and tribulation to EVERYONE (men and women and children) who seek the truth.
And we REJOICE IN TRIALS, as written, because it is the purifying of our faith, better than gold, even much fine gold!

Using man-mad words like miss ogy nist (sic), politically correct words like 'abuse', etc, for various of life's troubles,

doesn't change God's Word, and does not explain what's happening or what happened in the perspective of truth and righteousness or even rightness.

The motives and feelings and emotions of people, even people's hearts, are most deceiving , not just in women but in men too, but in some categories these things have been given prominence instead of being dealt with in truth and with self control, instead of in spirit and truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Quackduck

Nov 5, 2019
Chester
✟18,685.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
Biased perspective, eh?
No one 'likes', per se, miss treatment (sic), etc,
but
the Bible promises persecution and tribulation to EVERYONE (men and women and children) who seek the truth.
And we REJOICE IN TRIALS, as written, because it is the purifying of our faith, better than gold, even much fine gold!

Using man-mad words like miss ogy nist (sic), politically correct words like 'abuse', etc, for various of life's troubles,

doesn't change God's Word, and does not explain what's happening or what happened in the perspective of truth and righteousness or even rightness.

The motives and feelings and emotions of people, even people's hearts, are most deceiving , not just in women but in men too, but in some categories these things have been given prominence instead of being dealt with in truth and with self control, instead of in spirit and truth.

You seem to get off on the idea of retribution!

• Agree
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Well if you don't like the word "Abuse" because you feel its politically correct, we can try 'wife-bashing'; 'violence', 'honour killings', 'rape' - any of those less politically correct, Jeff?

And we REJOICE IN TRIALS,

I don't see a lot to rejoice in the good ol' testament's view of women. Certainly not the bits that treat women as property. Yeah, nothing to celebrate there.

Well apparently it does - Didn't Jesus come along and go - na you can chill a bit when it comes to all those Mosaic laws.

Plus I seriously doubt that God would be terribly happy with the way men like to twist his spirit to fulfil the dreadful needs of misogynist men. Seriously can you imagine him going...Yeah, nice one Mr Epstein.

The motives and feelings and emotions of people, even people's hearts, are most deceiving , not just in women but in men too,

Well since its men that commit the overwhelming majority of violent physical and sexual violence and paedophilia....you may be somewhat correct, even if you over-generalize.

• Agree
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟874,313.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This has nothing to do with misogyny, it has to do with fatherly love. A guy down my street has this decal on his truck:

iu

I’d put that sticker on my truck. It doesn’t mean I would shoot anyone, but the boyfriend doesn’t have to know that. ^_^

Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟874,313.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
. I’m surprised a rapper is doing it but according to the scuttlebutt it’s usually fundies who treat their daughters like a small useless flap of skin is more important than they are. for example , Those misogynistic purity balls and virginity pledges. The Bible Belt has the highest level of STDs and unwanted and teen pregnancies in the country. You can’t teach someone a seriously dysfunctional belief about their sex organs and not have emotional and sexual problems later on

Well from my experience in my previous years as a sinful teen it was mostly the Christian girls who kept their virginity. The easy girls were the one’s listening to rap music and heavy metal which were glorifying sexual immorality and a rebellious attitude. I highly doubt those figures are accurate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Quackduck

Nov 5, 2019
Chester
✟18,685.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
If you are in a relationship and intending to tie the knot far better to live together first to see if you are suited and that includes having sex. We were glad out two married daughters both Christians lived with their partners before marriage. My husband and didn't wait until we were married before having a sexual relationship even though we were of the born again mob in those days.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟874,313.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you are in a relationship and intending to tie the knot far better to live together first to see if you are suited and that includes having sex.

Sure unless your goal is to do what pleases God.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟874,313.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you are in a relationship and intending to tie the knot far better to live together first to see if you are suited and that includes having sex. We were glad out two married daughters both Christians lived with their partners before marriage. My husband and didn't wait until we were married before having a sexual relationship even though we were of the born again mob in those days.

My wife & I lived together for 2 months before we were married but she slept in a different room until we were married so that we wouldn’t be tempted to sin.

Upvote 0

Quackduck

Nov 5, 2019
Chester
✟18,685.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
Sure unless your goal is to do what pleases God.
If the Biblical god exists, which I doubt, trying to please that evil entity would be like trying to please Hitler. Besides which, it is supposed to have got an unmarried girl pregnant!

• Agree
Reactions: muichimotsu
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟874,313.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If the Biblical god exists, which I doubt, trying to please that evil entity would be like trying to please Hitler. Besides which, it is supposed to have got an unmarried girl pregnant!

There’s a big difference between getting pregnant by having sex and having the Son of God incarnated within you. Nowhere does the Bible say that God had sex with Mary.

And the day will come when you won’t doubt His existence anymore. I pray that day comes before He returns.

• Agree
Reactions: Strathos
Upvote 0