Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not sure why something making sense to you is the be all end all of any argument, especially on a topic that's of supposedly such incredible importance. It's one thing if I personally conclude that putting Cheese Wiz in those vanilla sandwich cookies is the best idea ever, but I learned that from another and tested it, it wasn't just an idea I went with. And I tested it in a way that's unambiguous, especially.

I don't claim humanity is infallible at all, but the other extreme is no more rational in saying we're fundamentally flawed to a point we can't work to improve ourselves.

Christianity is all about improving oneself, going from being self-serving to that of serving others.

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Christianity is all about improving oneself, going from being self-serving to that of serving others.
And that sentiment exists elsewhere, arguably, even in Islam, much as Christians and such seem to enjoy making light of it or mischaracterizing it based on the bad behavior of later developments in the religion itself.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And that sentiment exists elsewhere, arguably, even in Islam, much as Christians and such seem to enjoy making light of it or mischaracterizing it based on the bad behavior of later developments in the religion itself.

God will judge each one individually, not as a group.

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
God will judge each one individually, not as a group.

The question becomes what standard such a god judges individuals by and whether it is demonstrably so or more wishful thinking, in the same vein of God being regarded as primarily masculine even if it arguably transcends gender binaries in the first place

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The question becomes what standard such a god judges individuals by and whether it is demonstrably so or more wishful thinking, in the same vein of God being regarded as primarily masculine even if it arguably transcends gender binaries in the first place

No mystery there. Just study yer bible for the details.

Masculine/feminine are of course physical constructs but have a spiritual origin.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist

Masculine/feminine are of course physical constructs but have a spiritual origin.
Yahweh is Sovereign Creator, Perfect in Wisdom and Judgment, with no iniquity at all.
His Revealed Word, Purpose, Wisdom, and Knowledge in and through His Word and Jesus and Revelation (always in complete harmony), has no lack, no imperfection, no injustice at all.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,107.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Why would spirits need sex?

In the Bible, Jesus says that in Heaven people will be like the angels (Matthew 22:30), without sex.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why would spirits need sex?

In the Bible, Jesus says that in Heaven people will be like the angels (Matthew 22:30), without sex.

Angels don't need food either...when they are in heaven.

Genesis 19:1-3

1 "And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;

2 And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the street all night.

3 And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green

If it wasn't a mystery, why is your religion easily the most fragmented of all time?: Because you actually have the truth and only 1% actually have the correct interpretation, which happens to be you? That's awfully convenient and deflecting away from the interpretative framework that differs so greatly you have people disagreeing on fundamental aspects in terms of how the bible describes God's nature

And you mean male and female, masculine and feminine are social constructs applied to what society associates with what is often, but not exclusively, done by males, thus masculine by association, and feminine to females vice versa. They're qualities of actions or style of dress, they're not chromosomes and physiological traits of a sexual nature, that's male and female, a simple distinction society has constantly ignored because of a prudish attitude about even insinuating intercourse by a term, so they conflate gender and sex as the same thing.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If it wasn't a mystery, why is your religion easily the most fragmented of all time?: Because you actually have the truth and only 1% actually have the correct interpretation, which happens to be you? That's awfully convenient and deflecting away from the interpretative framework that differs so greatly you have people disagreeing on fundamental aspects in terms of how the bible describes God's nature

And you mean male and female, masculine and feminine are social constructs applied to what society associates with what is often, but not exclusively, done by males, thus masculine by association, and feminine to females vice versa. They're qualities of actions or style of dress, they're not chromosomes and physiological traits of a sexual nature, that's male and female, a simple distinction society has constantly ignored because of a prudish attitude about even insinuating intercourse by a term, so they conflate gender and sex as the same thing.

That's a good point. However male and female are a fact of life. They are different, and they were created to fulfill different roles, regardless of their abilities. They have a spiritual pattern that predates their physical creation.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,854.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
male and female ...are different, and they were created to fulfill different roles, regardless of their abilities. They have a spiritual pattern that predates their physical creation.

This is a very doubtful claim. I can only find one mention of "role" in the Bible, and it's in 4 Maccabees, where the discussion is about the descendants of Abraham, rather than anything to do with men and women.

The idea that there is any spiritual difference underlying the biology of male and female is a completely extra-Biblical idea.

Reactions: Kylie
Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
That's a good point. However male and female are a fact of life. They are different, and they were created to fulfill different roles, regardless of their abilities. They have a spiritual pattern that predates their physical creation.

There are distinct functions in terms of biological reproduction for male and female, perhaps, but even that's fairly basic and not to a point that suggests there should be prescribed social roles in regards to parenting, etc

And spiritual pattern is fairly vague in what it actually means beyond generally ascribing truth to religious texts in claims about an underlying essence that seems to be about social norms and such, the latter of which isn't really demonstrable in an objective sense, but just what we observe in trends.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is a very doubtful claim. I can only find one mention of "role" in the Bible, and it's in 4 Maccabees, where the discussion is about the descendants of Abraham, rather than anything to do with men and women.

"Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered."

The context is spiritual, not physical. Basic differences account for most of the different roles that each actually fulfill, regardless of ability.

Last edited:
Upvote 0