• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Mind Games

Discussion in 'Christian Philosophy & Ethics' started by LaBèlla, Sep 10, 2019.

1. LaBèlla

LaBèlla ❣️ His little lady ❣️ Supporter

+4,095
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    I think you would agree that prayer is a must. We must allow the Holy Spirit to uncover hidden truths within us and others. Our natural minds can err.

I believe the Lord intends for us to bring all things under subjection. Including our thoughts. :)

2. ChicanaRose

ChicanaRose Well-Known Member

+1,055
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I've recently learned the name of it; they act like a crab and try to pull you down.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Chadrho

Chadrho Active Member Supporter

+420
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Okay, that makes sense. When I first saw you mention of it I thought it might mean they were over-protective of themselves. I guess, like a Hermit Crab, haha. Yeah, my mind ran wild with it. Thank you for the insight. God bless.

4. ChicanaRose

+1,055
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I agree that we should check ourselves first. We should also be observant and alert of the warning signs raised before us (1 Pet. 5:8). Blessings to you also.

5. ChicanaRose

+1,055
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I can't take credit for it. @LaBèlla informed me of the name.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  6. LaBèlla

+4,095
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    @ChicanaRose

The Lord brought a conversation to my remembrance that relates to our discussion.

Years ago I knew a woman with a calling to teach. She built a small church and was very gifted. She married and eventually he began to preach. While he spoke well, I always felt she had a gift of teaching and he didn’t.

Years later when I stopped by to say hello, I remarked she no longer taught. She did announcements and nothing more. And he replied, “I sat her down.”

I looked at him and said nothing. I knew the comment was not of God. I filed it away. It was brought to my recollection today. He usurped her and took over everything. And things floundered and remained stagnant.

It was the wrong spirit. He was very proud. And given his tenure in that role I found it odd in light of God’s words on pride. She had the resources, position, everything in place. Her mistake was obvious.

I have often viewed this in the context of wrong alignments and the consequences of their creation. But I hadn’t considered his behavior in this regard until today.

And we see the wisdom many have echoed about distance, boundaries, and remaining close to the Lord. She had an unfortunate ending that may have been averted with wise counsel and the Holy Spirit’s influence.

7. ChicanaRose

+1,055
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    ....a tragic lesson learned.

8. Noxot

Noxot tohu and bohu Supporter

+2,009
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    That husband might be quenching the spirit of God. Unless his wife taught him a lot of things to say since he was a good speaker. It's sad that some people are willing to throw away their lives over the importance they think they have in picking up sticks on a Sabbath.

9. LaBèlla

+4,095
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    He had a stuttering problem in the past that is no longer present. But his behavior and conversation are not the things a man of God would say.

He’s had affairs, sired children, and acknowledged other women the last time I saw them. He has commandeered everything she had.

I am not one to question a person’s companion choice. But in this instance there is clearly something wrong.

10. ChicanaRose

+1,055
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I agree, while mind games can never be considered a sincere form of communication, not all of them are intentional or maligned. Some sales people may use this in a mild form, but they do not mean harm; they just want commissions.

It's not all spiritual warfare, nor is it all in one's head. The spectrum varies.

11. LaBèlla

+4,095
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    A desire to persuade isn’t bad in itself. It’s the methods a person undertakes that make a difference.

Correct. We’ve addressed different forms. To ignore the realities of exploitation is unwise. Whether we’re discussing believers or not.

We are expected to follow Christ’s example. He didn’t use coercion or trickery.

12. ChicanaRose

+1,055
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    In this video, the author talks about how men with Jezebel Spirit gets health issues:

13. ChicanaRose

+1,055
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    P.S. Sorry I realize it's a long video, this is talked about around 5 min. and 39 sec. mark.

14. LaBèlla

+4,095
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    The video is good. I like their balanced perspective and grace. But its really twisted. I couldn’t befriend someone like this. They’re too toxic.

15. Neogaia777

Neogaia777 Apprentice Supporter

+3,584
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    I know, how about we go back to the cowards that play these stupid little mind games, or dominance games, how bout we go back to them being shown what true dominance is, like getting their butts beat for it, or punched in the face for it, or beat up and left for dead, or us exerting our dominance over them that way, cause that's what I'd like to do to them...

Their cowards who wouldn't play these stupid little kids games if they knew that was what was going to happen to them because of it...

A hundred years ago that's exactly what would happen to them and they know it, and only do it today because they think they can get away with it now...

I'd really like to establish my dominance over them that way, and I'm telling you right now, I would win, and they know it...

They know this kind of thing would normally lead to physical confrontation, and I think we should go back to that... Battle Royale kind of thing... The way of the fist kind of thing...

Then they'd learn and find out very quickly just who the true dominant ones were, and maybe show some respect...

Not allowed anymore, I know, but is this way any better really...?

God Bless!

16. Neogaia777

+3,584
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    They'd be crying like little babies who can't take a hit, sobbing saying "why did you do that, whaaa!" little you know what's... You know what people like me do when we get hit or take a punch, we flinch for a split second, maybe, maybe, then it's on like donkey kong, so to speak, but not these little "you know what's" who do things like this, they even get touched and their on floor crying... Cowards, weaklings... I think they need to get a real fight and learn what true dominance is and then show some frikin respect, and shut their dang mouths...

God Bless!

17. Noxot

+2,009
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Dominance is masculine and manipulation is feminine but they're both part of the kingdom of Caesar.

Respect for what? Yeah all the males are trying to have dominance, it's natural. You want to know real dominance? it's how fast you can kill someone and anyone can kill anyone fast nowadays. oh what a big point you made you killed people with your guns thanks for making things worse for everyone else.

18. Neogaia777

+3,584
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    There is a difference between killing someone and giving them a well deserved and earned good beating or beat down...

They wouldn't die from it IOW's, maybe just teach them a lesson...

They are doing "far more damage" if you don't or it doesn't happen anyway IMO... And will only continue going on doing "far more damage IMO...

And that would be why someone like me would be doing it... To put a stop to "that"...

God Bless!

19. Neogaia777

+3,584
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    It's a great lack of respect for humanity if you ask me, (what they are doing) and sometimes there is only one way to stop it... Sometimes there is only way to teach them some respect, show them what real true strength and power is, etc...

Best not walk my way or come across my path...

I'd love nothing more than to be the one to "instruct" them in this valuable "lesson"...

God Bless!

20. Noxot

+2,009
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Life is often complicated. There was this guy infuriated in some Arab country cause Nomads kept messing up his land and living on it. He was even thinking about killing them, cuz how else are they going to learn to stop trespassing on his land.

Funny enough those people's land was stolen by some government that claims that it owns the land.

I feel way too disconnected from this world to be able to function in it properly. There's no problem with someone owning thousands of acres of land while others have nothing in this country.