• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Mind Games

Discussion in 'Christian Philosophy & Ethics' started by LaBèlla, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,518
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. ChicanaRose

ChicanaRose Well-Known Member

+1,055
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    You changed your avatar again, I didn't recognize you for sec. Yes, I will pray for my enemies.

3. LaBèlla

LaBèlla ❣️ His little lady ❣️ Supporter

+4,095
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    We know our enemy. He is the architect of all evil and uses others to affect his schemes. But the battle is the Lord’s.

You are correct. Especially when they’ve given it control.

4. LaBèlla

+4,095
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    Thank you. ❤️

Observe with that in mind and see what you discern. What is meant to harm you will be your victory to come.

5. Job3315

Job3315 Well-Known Member

+423
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I learned a long time ago that the only person I can control is myself; my emotions, my response, my decisions. So I am aware others might want to try to control me, but I am the only one who decides what I give out to others; my time, my possessions, my energy, my emotional support, etc. I assess what I am willing and can do. I also became very open about my decisions. The hardest were with some family members, but I stood firm and removed myself from conversations and drama.

In my opinion people don't take responsibility for their lives, so they are going around looking for others to control since they are not willing to control and confront themselve. We have a saying in my country, "The thieve judges by their condition". So people who play mind games like to control but don't like being controlled. The problem is that others, thinking they should be good and long suffering, think it is ok to become a doormat. The best thing you can do is learn how to say "no".

6. LaBèlla

+4,095
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate

Thank you for sharing the link. The book and images are beautiful!

You are correct. It is cruel and that is troubling. Malice is harmful and always leads to further sin.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. LaBèlla

+4,095
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    I agree with your consensus. We can only control ourselves. Those with the Holy Spirit residing within them who walk with God will have little interest in controlling others.

You were wise to hold firm and remove yourself from unhealthy connections. I don’t believe we are meant to be doormats or ill treated. The long term effects of both are never good.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. LaBèlla

+4,095
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    @ChicanaRose

I just read these words. This is an excellent reminder for your calling. :)

For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.Isaiah 55:10-11

9. Pavel Mosko

Pavel Mosko Arch-Dude of the Apostolic Supporter

+674
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    "Mind Games" colloquially speaking is a pretty general category...

You would be better off specifying it with something out of the actual "Games people play" book,
    Games People Play (book) - Wikipedia

or maybe name something specific like gaslighting.

Gaslighting - Wikipedia

as for motivations, they can be pretty complex and varied. Lots of people are only semi aware of their true feelings. It is possible to be game play just because you are afraid of offending someone with an unpleasant truth, and then you get come to the more pathological people....

10. LaBèlla

+4,095
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    It was phrased that way to secure more feedback. I’ve read Berne’s book but that would limit the discussion to those who have.

And gaslighting often moves the discussion to narcissism. Some perpetrators have the disorder but many do not or are undiagnosed.

Correct. We’ll encounter several varieties in our lifetime. I wanted to hear how others have dealt with it. :)

11. Pavel Mosko

Pavel Mosko Arch-Dude of the Apostolic Supporter

+674
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    So much of the everyday world has games. I just watched this video last night that covered one of my favorite films of the 90s, Office Space.

12. Neogaia777

Neogaia777 Apprentice Supporter

+3,584
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    It's all fun and games until it rips society apart and the whole world burns...

It makes me very angry, what are the points to these stupid little games, and why do people do it/them?

Do they not count the cost? Do they even care?

Now I'm really beginning to hate people...

God Bless!

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  13. LaBèlla

+4,095
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    Hate is never the solution. That is an evil that should never be visited upon anyone for any cause.

God is love. The deeds of evil men don’t change His goodness or our spiritual mandate. We are called to love. Which prevents our hearts from hardening.

There is nothing we’ve encountered. No plight that befalls the world that is not a matter for prayer. We ought to cry out to engage His help. Some problems must be resolved in the heavenly realm before a breakthrough comes forth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. LaBèlla

+4,095
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    I thought you’d enjoy this. :)

15. ChicanaRose

ChicanaRose Well-Known Member

+1,055
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    This is a great reminder that God is more powerful and all powerful. The most important point I derived from parts 1, 2, and 3 of the article you sent me is "do not give grounds" to the Jezebel spirit. The most obvious meaning of this is keeping this spirit out of your boundaries. But the verse you quoted also reminded me that if I quit God's calling out of fear of her, then I would be making her fear tactic effective.

16. Chadrho

Chadrho Active Member Supporter

+420
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Hi ChicanaRose,

I don't really want to butt in, but my curiosity is too much. What is a crab spirit?

17. LaBèlla

+4,095
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    This is most the important part of that article:

they look for personalities that can help them climb to the top of the heap in whatever environment they are trying to work in.

The individual who behaves this way needs help. They are unable to reach the level they seek without support. They cannot raise themselves.

When considering if you are dealing with this form of predation (there are others) you must be able to articulate your usefulness to that person.

They target you for a reason. It isn’t haphazard. And the offender can be either sex. Since the goal is visibility and attention, they are most attracted to persons in positions of authority or prominence. They desire the spotlight. However, if they see your potential for the same that is a draw.

Quitting wouldn’t be its goal. Usurping is its aim.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. Blade

Blade Veteran Supporter

+1,607
    Christian
    Married
    Hard to tell.. maybe control of power over..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Maria Billingsley

Maria Billingsley Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,053
    United States
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Seems everyone plays mind games even with one's own mind. Like second guessing yourself or thinking something is going on when it is not. If we check ourselves first, maybe we can deal with others who project their mind game on you.
    Blessings

20. LaBèlla

+4,095
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    Yes. That can be the case. The Lord knows all. Seeking His input is best.