Oregon
✟952,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Life is often complicated. There was this guy infuriated in some Arab country cause Nomads kept messing up his land and living on it. He was even thinking about killing them, cuz how else are they going to learn to stop trespassing on his land.

Funny enough those people's land was stolen by some government that claims that it owns the land.

I feel way too disconnected from this world to be able to function in it properly. There's no problem with someone owning thousands of acres of land while others have nothing in this country.
Again, not talking about killing...

And this is not about land, but the greater good of humanity...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Yeah sorry. What are you talkin about anyways?
Ha, ha, ha... Lol... I don't know, other than just being really angry with people who play these stupid little mind games like talked about in this thread...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Then they'd learn and find out very quickly just who the true dominant ones were, and maybe show some respect...

Your example is why anger often leads to an unpleasant end for everyone involved. A savvy individual would trip your switch and allow you to instigate an altercation where you’re the aggressor. Now you’re on the defensive.

The premise behind mind games is two-fold. Strategy and mastery. You must know your adversary before a proper defense can be made. Calm heads are best and steely nerves are ideal. Their egotism will always lead them to show their hand to some degree.

Its a lot like poker. They’re daring you to respond. You have to understand the game, end goal, and be very observant. What you’re proposing would not unfold as you think. The best response is prayer and separation.

A battle of wills is more involved than most expect. I wouldn’t start a war I was not prepared to win.

• Winner
Reactions: ChicanaRose
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ha, ha, ha... Lol... I don't know, other than just being really angry with people who play these stupid little mind games like talked about in this thread...

There is another sort we haven’t discussed that’s pleasant. Mating can fall in this category when its undertaken with a pleasant end in mind for both.

Commonly known as cat and mouse, hunter and prey, or dancing. Men and women have been doing this for years. Needless to say, reciprocity is a must. You don’t want to engage a pursuit that’s unwelcome.

But some women enjoy it and many men do as well. The best exchanges reach a depth of mental connection that’s exhilarating. There may be a push and pull dynamic at times. Interest builds the more they relate.

There are harmless ways to apply our intellect. This is one of them. ;-)

Upvote 0

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

God Bless!

I know it's frustrating, but take the high road. Intentional mind games are meant to provoke you, and to make you appear unstable before others. But you have God on your side, and the provoking person doesn't. So keep praying for a life undisturbed from this person (if you are referring to the person you previously mentioned...or were you just referring to people in general?)

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Yes, you're right! I'm not Gandalf!
Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,126,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mind games. We’ve heard of them and recognize the damage they cause.

In your opinion, what drives the behavior? And how do you address it as a Christian?

Good question, LaBèlla! Personally, I think mind games come from those who have various personality disorders of some type and degree. As a philosopher, if I perceive that someone is attempting to manipulate me and unnecessarily find fault with me, I first ask myself, "Self, are you in the least bit guilty of what is being laid at your doorstep, and to the actual degree to which an antagonist asserts?" If I can say no to both, then I will stand my ground to such an antagonist. If the antagonist resorts to only unilateral blame and unilateral speech rather than applying himself to bilateral discussion, then I may "take the problem to the church" by bringing in another Christian or two to mediate the interaction between myself and my manipulative antagonist. Of course, like you and a few other have mentioned, prayer and patience should play some role in all of this, too ...

Anyway, this is how I tend to handle [narcissistic] folks who seem to be 'beyond' the pale of typical human disagreement. If none of this works, there's always just "walking away" from a manipulative antagonist, which sometimes works as well especially if the person in question claims to be a fellow Christian. Some of this last bit falls in line with the spiritual direction that Paul gave Timothy about "correcting a person a couple of times." If all of that doesn't help, then don't worry about it further since it may be that that person is 'warped.'

Peace

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Of course, like you and a few other have mentioned, prayer and patience should play some role in all of this, too ...

Toxic behavior is draining and distracting. I’ll pray. But that is the extent of my involvement.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Yes, you're right! I'm not Gandalf!
Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,126,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Toxic behavior is draining and distracting. I’ll pray. But that is the extent of my involvement.

I understand. Each of us has our own (God given) way of handling the forces of sin which permeate the social world around us, all of which coincides to some extent with our own unique personality.

Peace

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟119,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
There is another sort we haven’t discussed that’s pleasant. Mating can fall in this category when its undertaken with a pleasant end in mind for both. Commonly known as cat and mouse, hunter and prey, or dancing. Men and women have been doing this for years. Needless to say, reciprocity is a must. You don’t want to engage a pursuit that’s unwelcome
A man chases a girl until she catches him
He runs after a girl until he's caught

He fishes for a girl until she's landed him
It all comes out exactly the way she thought

Uncertain, he tags along behind
Uncertain, till she makes up his mind

A man chases a girl until she catches him
But don't run too fast while you are saying "No"
And once you've caught him don't ever let him go

(1949 Lyrics by Erving Berlin)
This social technique used to be passed from mothers to daughters. However, since the sexual revolution of the 1960s it now is seen as silly or preposterous. The last recording of this song was in 1969. Some women still want to play this mind game, but today's savvy man knows how to play along. :) The last 45rpm release of this tune was in 1969. Eddie Fisher's 1955 ~ 45rpm release was a top tune ...​

(the Good Ol' Days before the sexual revolution)

This is a worldy game, but then what mind game isn't. Definitely not a game for mature Christians seeking an upfront faithful-trustworthy relationship. Needless to say this mind game is still played today for better (or worse). When successful and after tying the knot the couple can enjoy some good-natured playful fun relating how each one thought they outwitted the other. ;)

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
This is a worldy game, but then what mind game isn't. Definitely not a game for mature Christians seeking an upfront faithful-trustworthy relationship.

Some women play hard to get. Others are unwilling to admit their interest until they know where he stands. They’re protecting their hearts.

I used to keep things close to my chest until I knew where we stood. One day I met my equal. He obliterated it with a flick of the wrist. And candidly stated, I don’t dance.

I swooned and may have seen stars too. ❤️

I realized the wisdom of his approach and adopted it. Men weren’t expecting it and still don’t. They’re trying to win her over with nice words and gestures. But I don’t need them.

I don’t listen to him. I pay attention to my response to him. If I’m unmoved or unenthusiastic I don’t continue. I have no interest in someone contorting themselves or jumping through hoops to gain my attention. And if he does, I’ll never have him.

Because that isn’t the real person. He’s adopting a persona to woo her. I need the real deal. That’s the person you’re getting beneath the theatrics. It alleviates disappointment and the changes that occur when he’s won her.

My equal didn’t pander to my beauty, intelligence, or anything else. He appreciated them and would grow to value each in time. But he allowed the strength of his person to do the heavy lifting. His pursuit was never overt. It was subtle and a mental connection like no other. And I loved it. ~lol

Reactions: ChicanaRose
Upvote 0