Milo establishes clinic to assist those leaving gay lifestyle.

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,460.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The info in your OP is in reference to sexual attraction not gender. When one is born with the nature of the opposite sex it is obvious to those around them, but may not be obvious to that person. This is known as beingTransgender. When one is born with a sexual attraction to those of the same sex as themselves, it is Homosexuality which may not be obvious to others but is definitely obvious to that person.

The two issues are inextricably linked.

I don't buy into your language, as modern definitions can be biased towards a certain world view.

The idea that one can be born with an un-natural gender avoids any suggestion of sexual preference being subject to moral values.

I don't hold that view as the prevailing dialogue is seriously politicised.

One is born with a natural physical identity, male or female, and deviation from the gender that naturally goes with that is a mental/spiritual condition that can be corrected. This is why the attempt to assist folks to return to their birth gender is hotly contested, and there is a strong push to make it illegal.

The biblical Christian world hold a contrary view and the battle for the right to assist transition back to to birth gender is frankly socio/spiritual.

It is therefore no surprise that the Milo factor will be hotly contested whether genuine or not.

Reactions: Hvizsgyak
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't buy into your language, as modern definitions can be biased towards a certain world view.
This is an extremely weak “point”, seeings as you’re relying on a Bronze Age book for your knowledge of sexuality; the Old Testament’s teachings of which largely consists of “don’t do it” and “kill those who get it wrong”.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,460.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is an extremely weak “point”, seeings as you’re relying on a Bronze Age book for your knowledge of sexuality; the Old Testament’s teachings of which largely consists of “don’t do it” and “kill those who get it wrong”.

I am not relying on the book, rather the Spirit of God who inspired it.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I am not relying on the book, rather the Spirit of God who inspired it.
God is ignorant of sexuality?
I’ll stick with blaming the goat herders what writ the Bible.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Off topic, we welcome back a poster who is very familiar with TOS.
A poster is wielding a rather sharp keyboard today. Measure twice, cut once.
tenor.gif

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,460.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God is ignorant of sexuality?
I’ll stick with blaming the goat herders what writ the Bible.

God is not ignorant of sexuality and judged deviants severely. (think Sodom)

We are sadly heading towards similar corruption.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟241,254.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Are you sure?

Can you state the rule?
Here you are:

"Homosexuality, same-sex marriage, bisexuality, transsexualism and transgenderism may not be promoted* on CF."

The asterisk leads to "Promotion is defined as encouragement of the progress, growth, or acceptance of something including advertising and publicity."

My argument would require me to implicitly encourage acceptance and would therefore be in breach of the forum rules. I believe this would still apply were I to send you the argument by pm.

• Agree
Reactions: Nithavela
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,460.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here you are:

"Homosexuality, same-sex marriage, bisexuality, transsexualism and transgenderism may not be promoted* on CF."

The asterisk leads to "Promotion is defined as encouragement of the progress, growth, or acceptance of something including advertising and publicity."

My argument would require me to implicitly encourage acceptance and would therefore be in breach of the forum rules. I believe this would still apply were I to send you the argument by pm.

OK - appreciate you pointing that out... thanks.

• Friendly
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hvizsgyak

Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That kind of therapy has been shown to do untold damage without any measurable success.
One can only hope that this will be prohibited.​

This is just an excuse by the liberals in the sciences to prevent the Truth from being shared to those who engage in gay sex. If any gay Christian truly wants to know the Truth about the sexual choices they make, they will need to recognize that their desire to engage in these choices is their cross to bare in their life. They may falter at times but ask the Lord for forgiveness and He will strengthen them to overcome their sin. The longer a gay person stays away from this lifestyle the less they will desire it. Always focus on Christ. God bless.​

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟692,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

This is just an excuse by the liberals in the sciences to prevent the Truth from being shared to those who engage in gay sex. If any gay Christian truly wants to know the Truth about the sexual choices they make, they will need to recognize that their desire to engage in these choices is their cross to bare in their life. They may falter at times but ask the Lord for forgiveness and He will strengthen them to overcome their sin. The longer a gay person stays away from this lifestyle the less they will desire it. Always focus on Christ. God bless.​
Ah yes. The "Truth".

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The longer a gay person stays away from this lifestyle the less they will desire it.
You have no idea what you’re talking about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Crwth

He must increase but I must decrease
Feb 26, 2014
✟115,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is an interesting read...

Milo is strong about his Christian faith being central to his 'coming out'

Will he be stopped by laws prohibiting 'conversion therapy'

Milo Yiannopoulos surprises gays with stunning invitation
I think this is awesome - and glorifies God in an amazing way. I've prayed for him - and many others like him. It's so encouraging to see how God can transform people's lives, freeing them from sinful passions, and turning them to faith in Him.

Upvote 0

Crwth

Feb 26, 2014
✟115,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The best "conversion therapy" is the conversion only God can accomplish. I don't know about all the different types of therapies out there - there are probably some good and certainly some bad - but God's conversion therapy works. :thumbsup:

And to any who think homosexuals were born that way - the good news is they can be born again.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I think praising so-called "gay conversion therapy" is highly damaging to the credibility of Christianity.

Well, truth is, there are many who were once enslaved by this sinful behavior that no longer are. And that's a fact.

No, it isn't. The largest organization in the world dedicated to gay conversion, Exodus International, was located right here in Orlando, and years ago they came out and admitted the whole thing is fraud. After years of scandals involving supposedly cured gay men.

Organizations that participate in this sort of thing and present themselves as psychological or psychiatric therapy are committing malpractice and should be subject to the fullest extent of the law.

Ask God to open your eyes and touch your heart and you too will know the Truth. God bless, my friend.

I did just that. It always amazes me when Christians think somehow they have all the answers. Perhaps they just can't accept that other people come to different conclusions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Crwth

Feb 26, 2014
✟115,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think praising so-called "gay conversion therapy" is highly damaging to the credibility of Christianity.
Actually, denying God's power to change people is even more damaging.
No, it isn't.
Yes it is. I know.
The largest organization in the world dedicated to gay conversion, Exodus International, was located right here in Orlando, and years ago they came out and admitted the whole thing is fraud. After years of scandals involving supposedly cured gay men.

Organizations that participate in this sort of thing and present themselves as psychological or psychiatric therapy are committing malpractice and should be subject to the fullest extent of the law.
Do you believe God has the power to heal, to change people's hearts, to save them from their sins?

Upvote 0