Milo establishes clinic to assist those leaving gay lifestyle.

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What I said isn't a reflection on any of the people you listed, they're 100% free to have whatever values they like and support whatever politicians/policies they like.

What I said was directed that the people on the right (pundits, etc...) who shine a spotlight those individuals because they feel it somehow disproves a talking point from the other side, or insulates them from critiques of policy positions they hold, that are at odds with those groups as a whole.

The question you'd have to ask yourself is, if Milo didn't check a particular demographic box (but still used the same sort of brash approach and colorful language he's been known to use), would people on the right still be as eager to cite him or link his videos in Facebook debates?

Had Milo (when he still identified as gay) or Tim Scott been on the left instead of the right, would people on the right still be praising them for "speaking their mind", or would they instead resort to asserting that they were "duped" and fell for the groupthink as they seem to do with other people from those groups who vote democratic?

The bolded in your response is SUCH a leftist comment to make. Mayor Lori Lightfoot is such a racist that she stated she would only do interviews with black journalists.

Then she claimed that any criticism of the job she is doing is racist and sexist because she is black and gay.

No...It couldn't possibly be because Chicago is a war zone where dozens are killed every single weekend and the crime rate is so out of control that Biden met with her to talk about sending in the Feds.

You can't make this stuff up.

People DID praise Milo for having common sense and speaking rational policies...even when he was gay. He spoke to all kinds of groups. The right cares more about policies than whether anyone has ever sinned. Hey, we ALL have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God.

By sharp contrast, the Left goes through ten year old tweets to see if some teen ever might have said something objectionable so she can be denied her college scholarship.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Sodafox
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
By sharp contrast, the Left goes through ten year old tweets to see if some teen ever might have said something objectionable so she can be denied her college scholarship.

That's not necessarily "the Left". People like Prof. Richard Wolff are on the Left. What you are describing could just as easily be part of liberal centrism in this country, actually something that is relatively conservative as far as political ideologies go. One doesn't have to be on the Left to participate in so-called "Cancel culture". People on the right do this as well, they just have different bugaboos, and they are more desperate to have poster childs.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's not necessarily "the Left". People like Prof. Richard Wolff are on the Left. What you are describing could just as easily be part of liberal centrism in this country, actually something that is relatively conservative as far as political ideologies go. One doesn't have to be on the Left to participate in so-called "Cancel culture". People on the right do this as well, they just have different bugaboos, and they are more desperate to have poster childs.
Find me any conservative who has gone through tweets to be sure someone didn't get a scholarship.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Find me any conservative who has gone through tweets to be sure someone didn't get a scholarship.

Do you really construct something like "cancel culture" so narrowly?

What do you think of churches that shun someone who doesn't abide by their rules or norms of behavior? How is that not "cancel culture"?

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟933,038.00
Faith
Atheist
Do you really construct something like "cancel culture" so narrowly?

What do you think of churches that shun someone who doesn't abide by their rules or norms of behavior? How is that not "cancel culture"?

Indeed. What is excommunication if not cancel culture?

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The bolded in your response is SUCH a leftist comment to make. Mayor Lori Lightfoot is such a racist that she stated she would only do interviews with black journalists.

Then she claimed that any criticism of the job she is doing is racist and sexist because she is black and gay.

No...It couldn't possibly be because Chicago is a war zone where dozens are killed every single weekend and the crime rate is so out of control that Biden met with her to talk about sending in the Feds.

People DID praise Milo for having common sense and speaking rational policies...even when he was gay. He spoke to all kinds of groups. The right cares more about policies than whether anyone has ever sinned. Hey, we ALL have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God.

I'm not absolving the left of anything...I've been a pretty vocal opponent of cancel culture, CRT, and several other aspects of their agenda as I feel their pandering approach is pretty transparent.

However, I'm realistic enough to point out that the approach of conservatives propping up certain people as a "slam dunk" in debates is also pretty transparent.

You don't have to spend much time in various FB groups to see the pattern. If a person on the far-right is getting grilled for how their preferred policies disproportionately impact Black communities, their "ace in the hole" is to reach for a Thomas Sowell quote.

Likewise, when they're getting called out for the anti-gay sentiment that exists within their base, they like to reach for the Dave Rubin or Milo.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Elaborate. Explain why it is the duty of Europe to import Muslims into it.
People are fleeing for their lives. It's everyone's responsibility. Christian should want them safe. BTW, I doubt they are all Muslims.
Complainers can be influential. Not necessarily now but they can lay a foundation that blossoms in the future. So I don't get why you think complaining is a bad thing.
Not really.
They don't have kids in sufficient quantities to be of any benefit to western civilization. 2.5 is a minimum. We'll be lucky if Zoomers and Millennials have two.
Being responsible isn't the bad thing, that you claim it is. There are plenty of children born, that need homes. Adopt these children and give them a good life. And don't worry about stupid nonsense.
It literally does matter, if you want to preserve society.
No it doesn't. There will always be kids, that need to be adopted or cared for. No need to force people to breed kids.
Having children is not the worst thing in one's life.
I have no problem with people choosing to have kids .
Having children out of wedlock
Most people I know have children out of wed lock. There choice , non of my business.
and delaying doing so till one's thirties is not beneficial for society.
Yes it is. People are finance responsible. And able to take better care of their kids.
You might argue from individual liberty, the freedom for people to do whatever they want and not be judged for it.
I was trained to marry early ,And to have have kids. Because of the people , that trained me. They sabotaged my life. So I don't have kids, like many people, that don't. Why should people be judged for not having kids. Not all young people having kids make them good parents.
Yet how does that individuality propel itself into the future? How does your perspective persevere beyond yourself and become a tradition? It's more likely to die with you
I denounced the people that harmed me . And dont have tradition.
and see the society around you be replaced by someone willing to do the hard work of having children, educating them and raising them to be adults.
It's not hard and ruin children's lives. Which really happens.
perpetually delaying adulthood.
Not having children isn't delaying adulthood. And having kids dont make parents become adults.

How do any of the values you've advocated for help western civilization?
I haven't encouraged any person, that's pregnant to have an abortion. They are sadly irresponsible. And their children will be a problem.
Instead of just advance the decay?
Not talking women into abortion will be the decay.

Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

ranunculus

Aug 21, 2008
✟271,130.00
Country
Luxembourg
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Indeed. What is excommunication if not cancel culture?
*gets on soapbox*

Imagine railing against cancel culture on a Christian forum. As if annihilationism isn't a doctrine within Christianity. As if the Christian god supposedly doesn't cancel people by the billions for thought crimes. Not for saying the wrong things, or doing the wrong things, but for simply having the wrong thoughts.
And how many people were canceled with God's favor in the old testament? The Canaanites. The Amalekites. And what about all the first born of Egypt. Lot's wife. Job's whole family. Etc. Not to forget the entire world's population in a massive flood! God cancelling two characters is literally one of the first things to happen in the bible.
But those are just stories, unlike the cancelation / persecution / murder of entire groups like the queer community, pagans, unbelievers, freethinkers...

Going through someone's old tweets isn't cancel culture. It's only cancel culture if it originates from the Cancelle region of France, otherwise it's just sparkling consequences of their own actions.

• Winner
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
*gets on soapbox*

Imagine railing against cancel culture on a Christian forum. As if annihilationism isn't a doctrine within Christianity. As if the Christian god supposedly doesn't cancel people by the billions for thought crimes. Not for saying the wrong things, or doing the wrong things, but for simply having the wrong thoughts.
And how many people were canceled with God's favor in the old testament? The Canaanites. The Amalekites. And what about all the first born of Egypt. Lot's wife. Job's whole family. Etc. Not to forget the entire world's population in a massive flood! God cancelling two characters is literally one of the first things to happen in the bible.
But those are just stories, unlike the cancelation / persecution / murder of entire groups like the queer community, pagans, unbelievers, freethinkers...

Going through someone's old tweets isn't cancel culture. It's only cancel culture if it originates from the Cancelle region of France, otherwise it's just sparkling consequences of their own actions.

People sniping at each other on social media isn't exactly ennobling but it's ironic when Christians take up this cause as their bete noire. "Physician, heal thyself!"

Upvote 0

ranunculus

Aug 21, 2008
✟271,130.00
Country
Luxembourg
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
People sniping at each other on social media isn't exactly ennobling but it's ironic when Christians take up this cause as their bete noire. "Physician, heal thyself!"

Going through old tweets to find something to be outraged about isn't the best use of anyone's time but I guess some people just build their whole persona around being perpetually outraged and when they run out of things to be outraged about, well, they gotta come up with something.

People change their minds. I've seen enough old social media clips of people saying some not so great things but then years later they post an update or apology or explain why they once thought something but changed their views. And I'm for letting people grow and not everything is so bad that someone needs to put in stocks in the public square.

When it comes to societal changes, sometimes the pendulum swings too hard the other way, and we should be mindful of when that happens.

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Going through old tweets to find something to be outraged about isn't the best use of anyone's time but I guess some people just build their whole persona around being perpetually outraged and when you run out of things to be outraged about, well, you gotta come up with something.

People change their minds. I've seen enough old social media clips of people saying some not so great things but then years later they post an update or apology or explain why they once thought something but changed their views. And I'm for letting people grow and not everything is so bad that someone needs to put in stocks in the public square.

When it comes to societal changes, sometimes the pendulum swings too hard the other way, and we should be mindful of when that happens.

That's why moderation and the middle way were considered virtues by the wise.

• Agree
Reactions: ranunculus
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm not absolving the left of anything...I've been a pretty vocal opponent of cancel culture, CRT, and several other aspects of their agenda as I feel their pandering approach is pretty transparent.

However, I'm realistic enough to point out that the approach of conservatives propping up certain people as a "slam dunk" in debates is also pretty transparent.

You don't have to spend much time in various FB groups to see the pattern. If a person on the far-right is getting grilled for how their preferred policies disproportionately impact Black communities, their "ace in the hole" is to reach for a Thomas Sowell quote.

Likewise, when they're getting called out for the anti-gay sentiment that exists within their base, they like to reach for the Dave Rubin or Milo.

In your view, who does the Left prop up as non-answers against honest critiques? Curious.

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
what she actually said was that she would only grant journalists of color for one-on-one interviews to mark her two-year anniversary as Mayor

false. what she said was that “about 99%” of the criticism she receives over her temperament is due to the fact she's a Black woman.

you just did.

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
you say this as if college admissions should ignore racist statements about killing minorities or using minority children for sex.

Upvote 0