Visit site
✟15,495.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey y'all! My husband's been away since August. Not away in Iraq, but going through his basic training and such. I've missed him so badly and I get to pick him up after his graduation in just over a week!! WOOHHOO!

But I was wondering - what do y'all do to pass the time while your hubby is away? I've cleaned, cleaned, packed, cleaned some more, become and online addict, worked out, cleaned some more... and prayed for him every day. But honestly, I've gone stir crazy!!

Reactions: foreveramanda

Snowbunny

Mexican Princess
Jul 24, 2006
Kiawah Island, Charleston South Carolina
Visit site
✟13,581.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey y'all! My husband's been away since August. Not away in Iraq, but going through his basic training and such. I've missed him so badly and I get to pick him up after his graduation in just over a week!! WOOHHOO!

But I was wondering - what do y'all do to pass the time while your hubby is away? I've cleaned, cleaned, packed, cleaned some more, become and online addict, worked out, cleaned some more... and prayed for him every day. But honestly, I've gone stir crazy!!

hola Genuine,

my name is annette *curtsies* it is nice to make your acquaintance :)

congratulations on making all this time... that is REALLY long!! honestly i think you have hit on most of the things i usually do... the internet especially. i became addicted to this forum largely out of loneliness...

i think for me life is a little different since we started to build our family immediately after we were married. now i have 1 year old twins and i am pregnant with another set of twins (strange i know). so spending time with my children takes up a large part of my day... babies need to walk, be fed, be read to, talked to, played with, taken on field trips to museums and bakers and delis and down to the beach to poke at shells and attempt to touch the waves :)

but they also sleep... a LOT.. and i also rely on their nannies a lot when i am just too tired.

so during the times they are sleeping or otherwise attended to i am basically busy with our home. my situation is a little different because my husband comes from a very different financial situation than many people, and as a result we have a large amount of property and a staff that need me to approve decisions and ask me things all day... sometimes i feel like i am running a business rather than a house.

my social life is pretty much restricted to my children and my parents and newborn sister who live on the same island as us. i go into Charleston a lot and we visit museums, flower stores, markets, bakeries and cooking classes and all kinds of interesting and educational things for the children. it is nice to do those kinds of things...

i spend a lot of time at home reading (i love to read), or down at the boathouse watching the ocean.

but sometimes reading and those kinds of activities only make you feel more alone... even though they do busy your day... fortunately for me i go home a lot for family basketball games with my daddy and mom, but not recently since it's winter, i'm pregnant, and mom just delivered :) we have had a lot of movie nights though.

i hold parties a lot... for the neighborhood and friends from Charleston... they are lots of fun because i love to plan things. we have themes and there is always an opportunity to dance (which i dearly love).

sadly, i do not do much with other military wives... i kind of feel like i alienate them and that i'm not welcome... at least with the ones around here. i'm not especially patriotic, i respect my husband for believing in what he does but i am a pacifist and hate war... and mostly i just want him back... so i'm kind of a drag when they want to do patriotic uplifiting events. my friend jessy just recently married her high school sweetheart sean who is now a marine in iraq, she goes to those kinds of things a lot and it helps her.

really, the most important things are to find a good balance of activities that are busy and mentally consuming, lots of social activities with friends, and then don't be afraid to take some personal time. it helps but it is not a cure... experience is also important, but again not a cure. you will always miss him and you will always worry about him. hopefully he is able to contact you... my husband is forbidden from contacting anyone and i'm not allowed to know where he is, how he is, or when he is coming home to me and our kids...

there is no feeling in the world like seeing him again... not every wife gets to feel that... so it's a lucky thing in that regard :)

it's good to spend some time here but don't get addicted to the internet! if you ever want to chat PM me :)

que Dios te bendiga

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.