Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you don't know what the thread is about, why did you post? No one has said the Bibles are used in recruiting, and most assuredly they have not. People should actually read through a thread before jumping in with opinions that have no bearing on the discussion.

As to an "endorsement," the Bibles are made available through base exchanges for believers. No one else has to buy them or look at them if they don't want to. The Bible has been a comfort to armies throughout history, without anyone worrying about whether that military force has endorsed it or not. When people express opinions like this, I have to assume you know nothing about history, war or the Bible. You have exhibited far more political correctness than biblical knowledge here.

The insignia is there to be seen. Marketing 101. These Bibles aren't all going to be hidden away. I'm sure you don't see it that way, nor is that your intent. But to say it doesn't imply an endorsement is naive. Now, if you tell me they have insignias on the Tanakh, the Book of Mormon, the Quran, etc., then I'll concede the point.

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The insignia is there to be seen. Marketing 101. These Bibles aren't all going to be hidden away. I'm sure you don't see it that way, nor is that your intent. But to say it doesn't imply an endorsement is naive. Now, if you tell me they have insignias on the Tanakh, the Book of Mormon, the Quran, etc., then I'll concede the point.

Maybe the pentagon did that to avoid something like this?

Upvote 0

Ludwig van Beethoven

Dec 29, 2011
✟8,430.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
How come? Are we going to do the killing at the 2nd coming?

No, Jesus will. That will still be a human killing other humans. Jesus is human. He was born human, He died human, His physical human body rose and went to heaven. He is still human.

-LvB-

Upvote 0

BibleProtector

Disciple of Christ
Jul 1, 2012
✟15,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
According to all the reading I have done, they are not allowed to sell these Bibles at Military Installations. My Lifeway (both nearest me) still are carrying the Insignia Bibles.... And from reading it, it seems they are only banned from selling them on the actual installations themselves, not totally banned.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My only argument with people who do not agree with military service is like stated in my post, and I'm not trying to quarrel here, just explaining myself a bit more. If it is so bad why didn't John the Baptist denounce the Soldiers who came to him for advice? Why didn't Jesus and the Apostles denounce the centurions and Soldiers that they ministered too. They never once (atleast recorded in scriptures) told those military members to leave their positions to follow a more "Godly" way. So it would seem that being a Soldier is not as evil as it would seem. Not to say all Soldiers are saints, but definately not all Soldiers who are saints are evil. Not to mention King David was a very war like King and yet he was a man after God's own heart, so don't be quick to judge others because of their job or position, God has us all where He wants us for His purposes, not our own.

Upvote 0