Mike Lindell Claims Voting Machines Were Hacked...

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,570.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Social Engineering.
Even assuming they got access to the admin passwords via social engineering, actually changing anything would require physical access to the machines. It would also leave a system log that would be picked up later.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Even assuming they got access to the admin passwords via social engineering, actually changing anything would require physical access to the machines. It would also leave a system log that would be picked up later.

This really isn't about facts for some people, though.

• Winner
Reactions: FanthatSpark
Upvote 0

Fr. Appletree

Priest of The Society of St. Pius V
Jun 24, 2021
Williamsburg
✟11,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate

You don't need the admin password via social engineering. If you have access to the machine, bypassing such is very easy. But if the password is anything like what government and government contractors use for critical systems, it is probably 'password' anyways. I've seen that dozens upon dozens of time in my previous occupation.

I got in mild trouble once because at a meeting with a DE, I mentioned that systems by a certain vendor was unsecured by logging into government systems sold by the vendor around the United States with full administrative privileges. 'Password' it works. That was the administrative password for the admin account on every system sold.

Funny because reports in several audit places logs are missing.

Reactions: Subdood
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The Arizona "audit" was said to have been complete on July 28, and the senator running the publicity event said that the results would be released quickly. It's August 11.

They are still putting off the day of reckoning. I think I know why.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,570.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
You don't need the admin password via social engineering. If you have access to the machine, bypassing such is very easy. But if the password is anything like what government and government contractors use for critical systems, it is probably 'password' anyways. I've seen that dozens upon dozens of time in my previous occupation.
I'm confused. What definition are you using for social engineering?

I got in mild trouble once because at a meeting with a DE, I mentioned that systems by a certain vendor was unsecured by logging into government systems sold by the vendor around the United States with full administrative privileges. 'Password' it works. That was the administrative password for the admin account on every system sold.

And procedures might have changed since then. There is no reason to believe that the admin passwords for the voting machines were that easy to break, and if they were then Cyber Ninjas wouldn't have been demanding the admin passwords.

Funny because reports in several audit places logs are missing.
Where? I have not heard that.

Upvote 0

Fr. Appletree

Jun 24, 2021
Williamsburg
✟11,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm confused. What definition are you using for social engineering?

And procedures might have changed since then. There is no reason to believe that the admin passwords for the voting machines were that easy to break, and if they were then Cyber Ninjas wouldn't have been demanding the admin passwords.

Where? I have not heard that.

No, this would be after the social engineering. Social engineering would be the means to access the system. What you do afterwards is what I'm talking about.

And I don't know what what Cyberninjas have or haven't tried or what strategies are open or allowed to them. It could be they haven't tried due to Dominion's legal claims. I imagine they could just run John the Ripper or other bruteforcing software to get in if they wanted to. I simply doubt Dominion's security based on my own personal experience.

The Maricopa County Audit did report that critical logs were missing. I don't remember if they were recovered right now.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The Maricopa County Audit did report that critical logs were missing. I don't remember if they were recovered right now.

Arizona election officials refute Trump's claim of deleted votes: They were found on hard drives that were missed during an initial search.
Arizona election officials refute Trump's claim of deleted votes: They were found on hard drives that were missed during an initial search.

Remember, "cyber ninjas" had no experience with voting procedures or audits. They just didn't know how to open the files. When a clerk from Maricopa County explained how to do it, they found everything the lost the first time around.

Upvote 0

Fr. Appletree

Jun 24, 2021
Williamsburg
✟11,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate

Remember, "cyber ninjas" had no experience with voting procedures or audits. They just didn't know how to open the files. When a clerk from Maricopa County explained how to do it, they found everything the lost the first time around.

Not the same as logs. Different issue. Perhaps you should understand technology jargon prior to posting irrelevant news pieces.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not the same as logs. Different issue. Perhaps you should understand technology jargon prior to posting irrelevant news pieces.

Given their track record and lack of technical competence (they didn't know how to open a file?) What makes you think they got it right this time?

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your logic failed you totally with this one.

disagree:

"Where else can I get such cheap publicity?"
"The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about."
— Lady Bracknell, Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest
As the saying goes, there's "no such thing as bad publicity".

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It looks like they've found another excuse to drag it out:

It appears so, though Republican state Senate President Karen Fann is considering options that could expand the scope of the review further.

Cyber Ninjas CEO Doug Logan recently recommended sending workers door to door in parts of Maricopa County to canvass voters. He had claimed it was the only way to explain why there were roughly 74,000 more early votes cast in the election than there were early ballots mailed to voters — though election officials were quickly able to debunk that by explaining that county voters can vote early by mail or early in person.

The U.S. Department of Justice has warned Fann that going door to door to ask voters about their ballots could violate federal laws against voter intimidation. But Fann hasn't ruled it out. It's unclear how long a canvass of voters could take — or how the Justice Department would respond.
The GOP-Led Arizona Election Review Appears Close To Finishing. Here's What To Expect

Of course, the far right responded to suggestions that people go door-to-door to encourage vaccination with howls of outrage, but they're fine with sending agents door-to-door to demand that people them how they voted.

And yes, that is a crime in federal law.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
disagree:

"Where else can I get such cheap publicity?"
"The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about."
— Lady Bracknell, Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest
As the saying goes, there's "no such thing as bad publicity".

To be more precise, I wasn't faulting the possibility of him wanting publicity and sales, but rather the claim that he beat it off the stage because of the Dominian lawsuit. That connection or sequence of events would defy logic.

Upvote 0