the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When was that said? I have only heard that implied by the left. Trump has not asked people to take guns anywhere.

You would have to go back to the conversation we had previously. This began before Trump was even in office. Trump already knows they are attempting to oust him. Not just vote him out, remove him. By force if necessary.

Sen. Romney (R-UT) today stated, "It is not the legitimate role of government, for Congress or for taxpayer expense, to be used as an effort to damage political opponents." He said this about the current Senate investigation into Joe Biden and Ukraine. And that is literally what this is, as it was scheduled to occur during September and October, just before the election, with the "result" largely predetermined -- Republican leaders are already signaling how they are going to report this, despite the fact that the investigation is still going on. Even worse, in terms of the optics, one of the Senators, Ron Johnson (R-WI) actually came out in favor of the Obama Administration (Biden) actions with Ukraine at that time.

It reminded me how the Republicans had about the 10th investigation into Hillary and Benghazi at roughly this same time 4 years ago. First, you had committee chairman Trey Gowdy (R-SC) state, ""Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right?" McCarthy had said. "But we put together a Benghazi special committee, a select committee." After those comments, Sen. Hanna (R-NY) stated,
"Sometimes the biggest sin you can commit in D.C. is to tell the truth. This may not be politically correct, but I think that there was a big part of this investigation that was designed to go after people and an individual, Hillary Clinton."

I'm sorry, you're listening to biased people claiming how Democrats only are fighting against Trump -- that they are attempting some type of "coup." What you are missing is, if you believe that, then you have to believe that Republicans already created a coup -- that Hillary Clinton should have been President the last four years. As Sen. Gowdy said, his committee hurt her poll numbers, as the investigation was designed to do. You futher had FBI members commenting on the Hillary email investigation, illegally, to the point that FBI director Comey had to make a statement saying he had reopened the investigation -- which also hurt Clinton in the polls.

I'm sorry, there has been no coup to remove the President. Yes, people don't like him, which he has brought on himself by being divisive, and he has done a lot of questionable things. I seem to recall you even like the way he has "trolled" the Democrats. As such, you have to expect that people are going to want investigations into the questionable things he's done, and that they aren't going to give him the benefit of the doubt when he actively tries to make himself disliked by his opposition. To me, your complaints come across as hypocritical.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm sorry, you're listening to biased people claiming how Democrats only are fighting against Trump

That's wrong... sorry flat out. I have stated a million times that this fight has no party lines. People either do not read what I posted or ignore what they do not want to hear. Yet again, the democrats in office are on the forefront making themselves more prominent.

that they are attempting some type of "coup." What you are missing is, if you believe that, then you have to believe that Republicans already created a coup -- that Hillary Clinton should have been President the last four years.

No kidding... Are you telling me there are no republicans Trump supporters label as swamp creatures?

I'm sorry, there has been no coup to remove the President.

There was at least a poorly executed attempt.

I seem to recall you even like the way he has "trolled" the Democrats.

Oh, I love it. Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling it does....

To me, your complaints come across as hypocritical.

OK. Thank you for letting me know.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,275.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Michigan is one of the few states that have an Enhanced Driver’s License that is also Real ID compliant. I have had one since 2012 just because I used to cross into Canada often and I might not always have or remember my Passport but I will have my license.
I am worried about your wife. She should not be taking 25% of the medications she needs because Postmaster General DeJoy destroyed automatic mail sorting machines worth millions of dollars---designed to speed the mails AND save money.

I have heard that people can get 90 days worth of medicine at a time in Canada or Mexico.

It is legal. The state of Utah even sends its employees with expensive meds to Mexico every three months, pays airfare, gives them a $500 bonus, and saves money! What a disgrace that our medical system is so costly that even state governments need to send their employees to Mexico to get medicine. I am sure you agree.

Utah wouldn't do it if it wasn't legal.
Utah sends employees to Mexico for lower prescription prices

Please bring your wife to Canada to get her medicine. There is loyalty to a president (which I believe is sadly misplaced) and there is survival. Please. If she gets her meds in the mail next week, you are just three months ahead.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,275.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Democrats want to "win an election" in a fair, constitutional process--not "oust the president."

The president committed impeachable offenses. Some said Pelosi waited too long to start an impeachment hearing. Obviously she had to wait till they took back the House in 2018. Unfortunately they didn't take back the Senate, although they gained a few seats. Impeachment is also a constitutional process.

Many believe the president is incompetent. He doesn't do his homework and doesn't know about the issues. He lies continuously. He is divisive and inflammatory. He lacks compassion and ethics. For this reason, many hope his Cabinet might invoke the 25th amendment. That is also a constitutional process.

Here are some of the efforts Trump has made this year to rigg elections.
Trump Orders Supporters to Act as ‘Poll Watchers’

Trump Tells People To Vote Twice - Bing News

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I am worried about your wife. She should not be taking 25% of the medications she needs because Postmaster General DeJoy destroyed automatic mail sorting machines worth millions of dollars---designed to speed the mails AND save money.

I have heard that people can get 90 days worth of medicine at a time in Canada or Mexico.

It is legal. The state of Utah even sends its employees with expensive meds to Mexico every three months, pays airfare, gives them a $500 bonus, and saves money! What a disgrace that our medical system is so costly that even state governments need to send their employees to Mexico to get medicine. I am sure you agree.

Utah wouldn't do it if it wasn't legal.
Utah sends employees to Mexico for lower prescription prices

Please bring your wife to Canada to get her medicine. There is loyalty to a president (which I believe is sadly misplaced) and there is survival. Please. If she gets her meds in the mail next week, you are just three months ahead.

Thankfully, her doctor has given her a hand written prescription and it was filled at Walmart about two hours ago.
Thank you for your concern.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry, you're listening to biased people claiming how Democrats only are fighting against Trump -- that they are attempting some type of "coup." What you are missing is, if you believe that, then you have to believe that Republicans already created a coup -- that Hillary Clinton should have been President the last four years.

Because she was supposed to be running against Jeb Bush. Thing is, a monkey wrench ended up getting thrown into the Republican primary, so she ended up having to conduct an actual campaign, which as we’ve all seen, she couldn’t do if her life depended on it...

Republicans didn’t create that. They tried to stop it.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because she was supposed to be running against Jeb Bush. Thing is, a monkey wrench ended up getting thrown into the Republican primary, so she ended up having to conduct an actual campaign, which as we’ve all seen, she couldn’t do if her life depended on it...

Then this alleged "Deep State" is sure incompetent, aren't they. First, they can't win their candidate the Republican nomination. Then, when they fail to get their candidate nominated, they can't get their "replacement" candidate elected -- it shouldn't have mattered if Hillary could campaign or not. And, to complete the conspiracy theory, they are so incompetent they can't get Trump removed from office -- despite allegedly "owning" nearly all the Congresspeople and Senators, the bureaucracy, the CIA, the FBI, and the military.

I'm sorry, that type of incompetency should be laughed at, not feared. And I have a hard time understanding how people can believe in a "Deep State" that seems incapable of completing their alleged schemes.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's wrong... sorry flat out. I have stated a million times that this fight has no party lines.

So the people propagating this conspiracy theory aren't Republicans/conservative? Tell me, what Democrats are you listening to that warn you about it?

People either do not read what I posted or ignore what they do not want to hear. Yet again, the democrats in office are on the forefront making themselves more prominent.

Just as Republicans attempted to make themselves more prominent while Obama was President; such as Ted Cruz.

No kidding... Are you telling me there are no republicans Trump supporters label as swamp creatures?

Yet, if they are part of the "swamp," shouldn't they have wanted Hillary to win?

There was at least a poorly executed attempt.

Sorry, but no. Following the Constitution to remove a President from office is not a "coup" and never has been. I'm sorry, if there was a powerful "deep state," as you purport, Trump would have been removed from office (likely in his first year) and left the White House in a hearse. I'm thinking he would have been shot at one of his many rallies, someone would have "snuck" in a disassembled gun; they'd have caught a "lone gunmen" and likely he would have been killed by a "Ruby type. Basically, we'd have a JFK type assassination, just one where they set it up better (using today's tech) to better frame the "lone gunman."

Seriously, this "deep state" that keeps being described is the most worthless and powerless conspiracy group I've ever heard of.

Oh, I love it. Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling it does....

And yet, look at the hate Obama got from the Right -- without ever really trolling them. If Obama would have done half of what Trump has, Republicans would have been frothing from the mouth and tried to impeach him about 5 different times (and I say that as someone that voted for the Republican in 2012).

OK. Thank you for letting me know.

No problem.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So the people propagating this conspiracy theory aren't Republicans/conservative? Tell me, what Democrats are you listening to that warn you about it?

What conspiracy theory?

Yet, if they are part of the "swamp," shouldn't they have wanted Hillary to win?

That would be the goal...

Sorry, but no. Following the Constitution to remove a President from office is not a "coup"

Of course not. That would not be a coup.

And yet, look at the hate Obama got from the Right -- without ever really trolling them. If Obama would have done half of what Trump has, Republicans would have been frothing from the mouth and tried to impeach him about 5 different times (and I say that as someone that voted for the Republican in 2012).

Obama killed us citizens with drone strikes. Let's not pretend the 2 are comparable.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What conspiracy theory?

Your claim of a vast conspiracy involving many in the government, "the swamp."

That would be the goal...

So, again, pretty bad at it, aren't they? Not sure why we are supposed to fear them, must less take the "threat" seriously.

Of course not. That would not be a coup.

So what was the coup against Trump -- I've seen no other attempts to remove Trump from office. You might not believe the evidence against Trump, you might believe the Democrats had "trumped up" charges, but it was still Constitutional -- even if Trump would have been removed.

Obama killed us citizens with drone strikes. Let's not pretend the 2 are comparable.

And Trump did to, in a US Commando attack, though the American Trump "had" killed was only 8 years old. So I guess maybe Trump should have been impeached?

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟231,157.00
Faith
Christian
It happens.

Blunder Forces Rework To Remove Nazi Gun From Kalashnikov Memorial

MOSCOW -- A new Russian memorial to fabled gun maker Mikhail Kalashnikov unveiled with pomp this week is hurriedly being modified by its sculptor after a rifle depicted on the ensemble was found to be a likeness of a rifle developed by the Nazis.

The Russian Military History Society, which is chaired by Culture Minister Vladimir Medinsky, announced on September 22 that it would remove the offending section after it was identified online as a likeness of the German StG44 selective-fire rifle developed during World War II.

The monument to Kalashnikov, which features a towering statue of the Soviet gun maker cradling his eponymous assault rifle, was unveiled and christened with holy water at a September 19 ceremony in Moscow that included soldiers standing at attention.

Blunder Forces Rework To Remove Nazi Gun From Kalashnikov Memorial

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

You mean that campaign where she got 3 million more votes and the other guy squeaked by with the electoral college? Yes. Couldn't do it if her life depended on it. ^_^

• Agree
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry, that type of incompetency should be laughed at, not feared. And I have a hard time understanding how people can believe in a "Deep State" that seems incapable of completing their alleged schemes.

I don't understand why. The deep state is composed of fallible human beings, and they were caught off guard in 2016 - on both sides of the pond.

You mean that campaign where she got 3 million more votes and the other guy squeaked by with the electoral college? Yes. Couldn't do it if her life depended on it. ^_^

304 votes to 227 is a decisive victory however you look at it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

I want to start by agreeing with you on one important thing:

Hillary Clinton is a horrible campaigner and a poor politician.

I can't say if Jeb! would have had a good campaign against her or not. I don't really know much about him other than the thin sketch of his bio (son of pres, brother of pres, gov of Fla.). Perhaps she would have done better against Jeb! perhaps not. Given her lack of campaign skills the more "energetic" GOP politicians may also have had a relatively better time against here.

Both Hillary and Donald had negative favorability ratings ("favorable" - "unfavorable") and among the independent voters in this group, they broke hard for Trump. [I was an independent who disliked both, but I did vote for her because I thought she was at least competent and knowledgeable.]

Part of this is frankly the notion of an "anointed one" in the party. The GOP pre-anointed a Bush in 2000 and 2016 keeping down McCain in 2000 and giving an opening to Trump in 2016. The Dems pre-anointed Gore in 2000 and Hillary in 2008 and 2016. In my mind these were all poor choices.

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0