Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,194.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Kelly, Mattis, McMaster... Brennan DOD... Commander in chief... There's the military.

Trump is the duly elected 'rightful' leader.

The riots, covid, shutdown.... MSM propaganda, censorship of all social media, forms of information etc, is the suppression.....
The generals who joined the Administration to protect America from the president all left when they realized it was impossible.

Mattis in particular prayed at the Cathedral and said that he feared that at some point he would have to be removed (Woodward book).

He also was the speaker at NY's Al Smith dinner for Catholic Charities where the president was the source of most of his jokes. (You tube).

We all know how Kelly came to loathe and despise Trump, as most honorable men in close contact with him soon do.

Even The Senate majority intelligence committee published a report of 'extensive' Russian election interference, so "duly elected" is not exactly the right term for his win.

Democrats are gearing up to defend the states they win, knowing that Trump has already said he will not accept the results of an election he loses.

It is a defensive move against a presudent who threatens our democracy daily.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Show me the man, and I'll show you the crime."
-Lavrentiy Beria
OK, you asked for it:

trump-putin-hands-1.jpg

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
These 3 lines say it all.
The Democrats could not possibly be wrong. Anyone who has the audacity to disagree with the Democrats is an obstructionists. If everything was so iron clad I wonder why some Democrats voted not to impeach on both articles?

Exactly 2 out of 231 Democratic members voted against the first article, one of them switched parties and became a Republican and the other represents an extremely rural part of Minnesota that leans Republican. The second article was voted against by those two, plus one other, a first time congressman from Maine who only won his seat by a whisker in 2018 against an incumbent Republican. Their reasons for voting the way they did are extremely obvious. In the senate trial no Democrats voted against.

As for the rest of what you've been saying in this thread, you clearly haven't bothered to actually read the evidence otherwise you wouldn't be insisting it didn't exist. I bet you think the Mueller report vindicated Trump too right?

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Democrats are gearing up to defend the states they win, knowing that Trump has already said he will not accept the results of an election he loses.

You are the only person that has ever countered my position, in my opinion, that has demonstrated a superb grasp of the situation.

Except this.... this I have issues with:

It is a defensive move against a presudent who threatens our democracy daily.

It could not be "defensive" a year out before Trump even got into office, and months before he ran. That is offensive. They offensively intended 'set out' to deal with a perceived threat. This is the point it becomes an establishment coup. Those who established power, and held power in our government felt that power was threatened, and they have moved to remove said threat before it could do any harm.

I hope you understand our/my perception, that 'power' is held by the swamp, and it is the swamp to acted in its 'defense'.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,957.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The Democrats are already setting up legal teams led by former AG Holder and former solicitors General to deal with the potential crimes and misdemeanors he will commit in the election.

I think you might slightly overstating things. It is my understanding that the legal teams the democrats have been forming are to engage in lawsuits and other legal challenges if there are challenged ballots, etc. Some of these could be criminal, but there is always legal work in the post election period and they are just prepared for there to be a lot of it.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think you might slightly overstating things. It is my understanding that the legal teams the democrats have been forming are to engage in lawsuits and other legal challenges if there are challenged ballots, etc. Some of these could be criminal, but there is always legal work in the post election period and they are just prepared for there to be a lot of it.
Both sides have lawyered up. It would be ill advised not to given the possibilities.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,194.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
How can a threat be considered "perceived" when the president himself has said, to Chris Wallace and others, that he is not sure whether he will accept the election results? When he says that the election will be "rigged?" (That was what he said last time, and it turned out to be true. The Russians were rigging it in his favor.)

When he tells the most dangerous of his followers--the alt-right, militias, etc.--to guard the polls with their AR-15's?

When he keeps blathering on about mail voter fraud--when, in fact, 22 years of experience in Washington state and others have shown virtually no problems?

When he installed a postmaster general who destroyed millions of dollars of automated mail processing machines to interfere with the mailing process?

(In retirement, my husband has started selling signed first editions he finds at thrift stores, library sales, etc. He mailed out 11 books by media mail on August 3 and they are still marked "in transit." He has had to refund two buyers so far, and will lose more than $200 due to DeJoy's corruption.)

So this is not a "perceived" threat. It is a real threat. The Biden campaign would rather spend funds promoting its message than in defending the election results if Trump loses, but he has demonstrated in many ways that he will be initiate lawsuits in every state he loses.

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
When he tells the most dangerous of his followers--the alt-right, militias, etc.--to guard the polls with their AR-15's?

When was that said? I have only heard that implied by the left. Trump has not asked people to take guns anywhere.

How can a threat be considered "perceived" when the president himself has said, to Chris Wallace and others, that he is not sure whether he will accept the election results?

You would have to go back to the conversation we had previously. This began before Trump was even in office. Trump already knows they are attempting to oust him. Not just vote him out, remove him. By force if necessary.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
(In retirement, my husband has started selling signed first editions he finds at thrift stores, library sales, etc. He mailed out 11 books by media mail on August 3 and they are still marked "in transit." He has had to refund two buyers so far, and will lose more than $200 due to DeJoy's corruption.)

I renewed my driver’s license in April and just received it last week. It took a little bit over the 2-3 weeks the State said it would take but it was worth it if it will prevent the forces of evil from removing God’s appointed President.

My wife is still waiting on prescriptions, glasses, and contact lenses but she is doing OK by breaking her whole pills into quarter pills and she doesn’t need to be able to read anyway because she might get some wild idea about voting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I renewed my driver’s license in April and just received it last week. It took a little bit over the 2-3 weeks the State said it would take but it was worth it if it will prevent the forces of evil from removing God’s appointed President.

My wife is still waiting on prescriptions, glasses, and contact lenses but she is doing OK by breaking her whole pills into quarter pills and she doesn’t need to be able to read anyway because she might get some wild idea about voting.

fyi, that was Fantine's quote...

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
fyi, that was Fantine's quote...

Woah! That is weird! I clicked Fantine's quote and removed the parts that weren’t necessary and hit reply.

Sorry about that but I honestly have no idea how that could have happened.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Woah! That is weird! I clicked Fantine's quote and removed the parts that weren’t necessary and hit reply.

Sorry about that but I honestly have no idea how that could have happened.

No worries.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

I've been culling my books as well. And had similar experiences with media mail. Tracking info mentioned unexpected delays. One book spent 5 days at the same facility in New Jersey. I've often had good experiences with media mail arriving quickly (I suspect because I often use the post office at LAX) but that has certainly changed.

I thought things were going to work out perfectly. My license was due to expire a couple months before the REAL ID deadline. So I'd get a new license with REAL ID, and I'd be set. Then all this happened, and the CA DMV wasn't accepting any in-person appointments for REAL ID. Then DHS relented and the REAL ID deadline has been extended to 2021. And CA DMV relaxed its rules on ordinary driver's license renewals. I got mine quite rapidly, actually. And now I can stare at my extremely youthful face in the old old old photo for the next 5 years. (Except that I'll need to get REAL ID next year.)

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I thought things were going to work out perfectly. My license was due to expire a couple months before the REAL ID deadline. So I'd get a new license with REAL ID, and I'd be set. Then all this happened, and the CA DMV wasn't accepting any in-person appointments for REAL ID. Then DHS relented and the REAL ID deadline has been extended to 2021. And CA DMV relaxed its rules on ordinary driver's license renewals. I got mine quite rapidly, actually. And now I can stare at my extremely youthful face in the old old old photo for the next 5 years. (Except that I'll need to get REAL ID next year.)

Michigan is one of the few states that have an Enhanced Driver’s License that is also Real ID compliant. I have had one since 2012 just because I used to cross into Canada often and I might not always have or remember my Passport but I will have my license.

Upvote 0