Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Have you ever heard of clear and convincing evidence? Vs. the trumped up stuff they tried.
Have you ever heard of a trial with no witness testimony admitted? The Senate ignored the evidence and avoided issuing subpoenas or hearing witnesses because they knew the evidence was damning and they didn’t want to be on the hook for it with their voters. That’s why they chose to leave it to the American public. Because they knew in the end, cynicism would win out.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Then why couldn't the entire Democratic, with million$ find impeachable criminal conduct in 3 years of investigation?

This is grammatically incoherent.

"why couldn't the entire Democratic" [what]. Democratic is an adjective it needs a noun.

So is the noun---

"party" -- Well, it wasn't the Democratic party investigating the President.

"house" -- (or better "entire Democrat-led House") OK, now we have a viable noun for this sentence. So what about it? Did they find impeachable conduct. Let's see...

Did they have an impeachment article(s)?

H.Res.755 - 116th Congress (2019-2020): Impeaching Donald John Trump, President of the United States, for high crimes and misdemeanors.

Did it pass the Democratic house?

Article 1.

Roll Call 695 Roll Call 695, Bill Number: H. Res. 755, 116th Congress, 1st Session

Article 2.

Roll Call 696 Roll Call 696, Bill Number: H. Res. 755, 116th Congress, 1st Session

Gee, it looks like the Democratic (house) did impeach on two counts.

----

List of Impeached Presidents:

(17) Andrew Johnson, 1868
(42) William J. Clinton, 1998
(45) Donald J. Trump, 2019

[Articles were also passed in committee against Richard M. Nixon in 1974, but he quit before almost certain impeachment.]

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Trump is actually looking out for USA. MiG is way cheaper then F-16. It’s all about saving mighty dollar!

Or cheaper stock photos. They blew their whole campaign budget on grifting and ad-buys in DC so Il Donald sees his own ads between segments of Fox & Friends.

• Haha
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Get a good look at them, I’m sure they will be flying over our country if Biden wins and Trump requests help from his buddy to stay in power.

The Russians don't have the capacity to project that kind of power. They are a rotten superpower. Without their nuclear arsenal no one would really care about them militarily.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
They did. The Republican Senate said they don’t care to do their jobs because it’s an “election year” so they left it to you and me to decide on the President’s guilt or innocence through the election. Thanks for reminding what a spineless cowardly act that was on their part.
The same old meaningless arguments with no, zero, none evidence.

Will this do?

Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) said on NBC's "Meet the Press" that he believes President Trump withheld military aid to Ukraine to "encourage" its government to investigate the Bidens, but that he will vote to acquit Trump on Wednesday because he believes the consequences of the president's actions should be decided in the next election.

"If you have eight witnesses who say someone left the scene of an accident, why do you need nine? I mean, the question for me was: Do I need more evidence to conclude that the president did what he did? And I concluded no."

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Will this do?
Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) said on NBC's "Meet the Press" that he believes President Trump withheld military aid to Ukraine to "encourage" its government to investigate the Bidens, but that he will vote to acquit Trump on Wednesday because he believes the consequences of the president's actions should be decided in the next election.
"If you have eight witnesses who say someone left the scene of an accident, why do you need nine? I mean, the question for me was: Do I need more evidence to conclude that the president did what he did? And I concluded no."
Sounds like ATS to me. One guy, NOT 8, says something and everybody with ATS accept it without question. Who are these 8 and what did they say and when?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Sounds like ATS to me. One guy, NOT 8, says something and everybody with ATS accept it without question. Who are these 8 and what did they say and when?
It was an analogy.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is grammatically incoherent.
"why couldn't the entire Democratic" [what]. Democratic is an adjective it needs a noun.
So is the noun---
"party" -- Well, it wasn't the Democratic party investigating the President.
"house" -- (or better "entire Democrat-led House") OK, now we have a viable noun for this sentence. So what about it? Did they find impeachable conduct. Let's see...
Did they have an impeachment article(s)?

H.Res.755 - 116th Congress (2019-2020): Impeaching Donald John Trump, President of the United States, for high crimes and misdemeanors.
Did it pass the Democratic house?
Article 1.

Roll Call 695 Roll Call 695, Bill Number: H. Res. 755, 116th Congress, 1st Session
Article 2.
Roll Call 696 Roll Call 696, Bill Number: H. Res. 755, 116th Congress, 1st Session
Gee, it looks like the Democratic (house) did impeach on two counts.
----
List of Impeached Presidents:
(17) Andrew Johnson, 1868
(42) William J. Clinton, 1998
(45) Donald J. Trump, 2019
[Articles were also passed in committee against Richard M. Nixon in 1974, but he quit before almost certain impeachment.]
You shot yourself in the foot. First you said my post was incoherent but later you clearly understood that I had inadvertently omitted the word "party."
Note to self. Scratch this guy off your list of people you respond to.
What exactly was the substance of the so-called articles? Didn't that entire Russian collusion go in the toilet?

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It was an analogy.
An analogy of what exactly? If there was evidence of something don't you think we the people have the right to be made aware of that evidence instead of being conned with a vague analogy?
I am still waiting for the smoking gun and I haven't seen anything close except automatonic rejection of anything Trump.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
An analogy of what exactly? If there was evidence of something don't you think we the people have the right to be made aware of that evidence instead of being conned with a vague analogy?
I am still waiting for the smoking gun and I haven't seen anything close except automatonic rejection of anything Trump.
Fare thee well.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You shot yourself in the foot. First you said my post was incoherent but later you clearly understood that I had inadvertently omitted the word "party."
Note to self. Scratch this guy off your list of people you respond to.
What exactly was the substance of the so-called articles? Didn't that entire Russian collusion go in the toilet?

Even if I have a "most likely" version of someone's poor writing, I do prefer to clarify rather than assume. As for the articles you could read them.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Even if I have a "most likely" version of someone's poor writing, I do prefer to clarify rather than assume. As for the articles you could read them.
Did the appropriate parties make those articles of impeachment public?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Anti Trump Syndrome. Anything Trump says is wrong.

Looking at the post to which you replied with "ATS", it was an analogy about needing more witnesses (if you have 8 witnesses why do you need a 9th?) not about 1 substituting for 8. You read almost as well as you write.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those are Tomcats.

No, the horizontal stabilizers are wrong for an F-14, they give the rear of the F-14 a triangular shape. Also, the F-14s vertical stabilizers are closer together than the plane in this image. They do appear to be MIG 29s, not an F-14; the stabilizers (both horizontal and vertical) match the MIG 29.

• Informative
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Somebody's got some kinda syndrome.

Republican Senator Lamar Alexander voted against calling new witnesses, because he had already seen enough to conclude that the impeachment charge against Trump was proven beyond a reasonable doubt. However, he voted to acquit, leaving the consequences up to the people in the election. This is precisely what GoldenBoy was saying.

Upvote 0