EZRida4JC

May 3, 2008
✟327.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I hope you don't mind me asking: what are your 'many voices'?

As an ex-pro mimic, the art of comic impressions is much more exaggeration than accuracy

If any good mimic listens enough to almost anyone...

Certainly accents are easy to pick up

As an entertainer, I've often done all the Beatles..all the 007 actors..several action heroes or singers

It sure livens up both scripts & visuals for more interesting programs & features

Right now, I'm listening to www.jhm.org & have often used his voice in open air preaching - as I have Billy Graham's & Hal Lindsey's & Benny Hinn's (but more on tape than 'live')

Impressions are always best in sound only, as the audience visualises the original

God bless!

'Arfa Mo'

Upvote 0

Mickey1953

Senior Veteran
Sep 14, 2006
✟20,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
As an ex-pro mimic, the art of comic impressions is much more exaggeration than accuracy

If any good mimic listens enough to almost anyone...

Certainly accents are easy to pick up

As an entertainer, I've often done all the Beatles..all the 007 actors..several action heroes or singers

It sure livens up both scripts & visuals for more interesting programs & features

Right now, I'm listening to www.jhm.org & have often used his voice in open air preaching - as I have Billy Graham's & Hal Lindsey's & Benny Hinn's (but more on tape than 'live')

Impressions are always best in sound only, as the audience visualises the original

God bless!

'Arfa Mo'

That is quite a gift! My extent is Mickey Mouse & Donald Duck. :wave: As a mom and a Special Needs Assistant, they came in handy. (Not that I was that good, but it brought a smile.) I have not used them at the university yet!

Where and when did you have opportunities to use your talent and profession?
Any where in Michigan?
God's peace!
Mickey

Upvote 0

EZRida4JC

May 3, 2008
✟327.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
That is quite a gift! My extent is Mickey Mouse & Donald Duck. As a mom and a Special Needs Assistant, they came in handy. (Not that I was that good, but it brought a smile.) I have not used them at the university yet!

Where and when did you have opportunities to use your talent and profession?
Any where in Michigan?
God's peace!
Mickey

Yo Mickey!

Many a good mimic adds in deliberate mistakes to add to the fun!

Your being a special needs assistant is apt to your question

I was a pro entertainer @ '93-'96 & began by the request of a deputy matron of a residential care home for the elderly mentally infirm, doing reminiscence therapy by singing their favourite songs from way back

The request sparked a revolt against techno: I was determined not to use soulless backing tracks, but just my voices & my guitar

I did the homes in the afternoons & busked in NW-UK pedestrian precincts in the mornings & some pubs in the evenings - always including some Christian songs & often giving a secular song a Christian slant - like saying Jesus is the 'Wonderwall' (Oasis hit @ the time)

In 3500+ karaokes, '89-'02, I'd most often do songs with long instrumentals so I could chat to the crowds

& change the words often, to give a Christian slant

My most requested karaoke song was the Various Artists' version of Perfect Day

It ends on @ 6 repeats of Galatians 6:7 - "You're gonna reap just what you sow!"

I'd do that just twice, then do a voice saying, "Hey: I don't wanna reap what I sow"

& then do Billy Graham's voice giving the way of salvation..

"Well, sir, you best ask Jesus to forgive all the wrong things you've ever thought, said & done..

& ask Him to live in your heart as your Saviour & Lord..

THEN it'll be a Perfect Day...

Oh...

what a Perfect Day!"

Anyone been to the Lakeland, FL Outpouring yet? :p

Gonna .. ;)

"come: get some!"? :D

See it daily @ www.God.TV too! :clap:

http://christianforums.com/showthread.php?p=46952713#post46952713

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mickey1953

Senior Veteran
Sep 14, 2006
✟20,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I visited both sites you had to share. I am not familiar with www.God.TV
but a woman I worked with at the my former elementary job, did and she likes him....shared a lot about him .

http://christianforums.com/showthrea...3#post46952713

You handle your words well there....

I use to have a thread called 'Interesting things happening in the world today'... lots of news. Someone had it shut down due to news stories having to have a new thread for each story....though it made it almost it around a 2nd time!

I will have to visit www.GodTV again and read it more carefully...

Upvote 0

Mickey1953

Senior Veteran
Sep 14, 2006
✟20,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Anyone interested in sand volleyball? We play around the Birmingham area on Wednesday evenings from 6:30 til dark. We're looking for about 4 or five men/women. Send me a PM if interested.

Sounds like fun! Have you had anyone contact you?

I live in the Irish Hills, so I would be too far.
Right now our area is getting ready for the races at MIS...

nascar2.gif

Upvote 0

Mickey1953

Senior Veteran
Sep 14, 2006
✟20,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
My family, and I have been deployed from North Carolina to Detriot Michigan to start a non- traditional, non-denominational assembly. So please everyone pray for us.:)

I would be glad to pray for you. Please share more about your church...Where is it located and what is your assembly's name?

Upvote 0

jcright

Truth Seeker
May 27, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
✟917.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sounds like fun! Have you had anyone contact you?

I live in the Irish Hills, so I would be too far.
Right now our area is getting ready for the races at MIS...

nascar2.gif

Not yet...volleyball must not be as popular anymore.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.