USA
✟13,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then you're raware why they aren't sold in the US? I'm certain there's people on this thread who have no clue...

It's not even a partisan issue. It would be a direct threat to national security to give China a microphone, camera, and GPS on US citizens all over the nation. That's not even considering the vast metadata they could aquire or propaganda they could direct at the population...

Did you think Jack Ma was going to resurface alive? I was giving him maybe 20% of turning up alive.
It's mission creep.

I'm not convinced that we're not already compromised and sold to China and the deterioration of our businesses is just an inevitable conclusion to this process. The calling out of companies like Huawei and TikTok helps to cloak whatever is already in place by corporations like Apple/Samsung/Facebook etc.

As a result, I don't buy the most recent purpose/intent regarding the meeting between the US/China.

Hopefully, you'll be able to raise awareness into this issue via this post, so that people can take necessary measures e.g. find alternate employment, consider more closely ties between businesses they work for/with, raise awareness with friends, family etc

There are a growing number of people who refuse to buy Chinese made products. They are now going farther with this and understanding that a stamp that says, 'Made in the USA', doesn't actually mean what it says, anymore. That's encouraging as is this Michigan's town stance.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It's mission creep.

I'm not convinced that we're not already compromised and sold to China and the deterioration of our businesses is just an inevitable conclusion to this process. The calling out of companies like Huawei and TikTok helps to cloak whatever is already in place by corporations like Apple/Samsung/Facebook etc.

I think they would have gotten rid of TikTok already if it wasn't so popular. It's political suicide for any administration.

And I fully understand why you'd think that and I'm not sure myself. We can say with relative certainty....

1. The president is compromised by bribes he's taken from China.
2. The intelligence community is aware of #1.

And we can be 100% certain that....

3. The intelligence community directly helped the Biden campaign to get elected, both through social media outlets like FB and Twitter, and with a letter written by "former" intelligence agents to directly misinform the US public.

As a result, I don't buy the most recent purpose/intent regarding the meeting between the US/China.

I didn't read it.

Hopefully, you'll be able to raise awareness into this issue via this post, so that people can take necessary measures e.g. find alternate employment, consider more closely ties between businesses they work for/with, raise awareness with friends, family etc

The extreme partisanship has basically ensured that most people's critical thinking skills are absent in any political discussion. I mean, I opposed the idea of this Chinese company setting up shop in the US....and I was accused of "right wing rhetoric" although the company was essentially sponsored by Republicans who were ousted by voters who don't want the company lol.

To describe the problem as simply as possible....most people don't know what the right or left position is on any issue until they're told what it is....either by their own party or the opposition.

People simply saw the idea that "opposing" the company was somehow "xenophobic" so nearly everyone that considers themselves on the left was in favor of the company.

There are a growing number of people who refuse to by Chinese made products.

It remains to be seen how they're going to handle their population decline economically. They seem to have so far decided to take a colonial approach to Africa.

They are now going farther with this and understanding that a stamp that says, 'Made in the USA', doesn't actually mean what it says, anymore. That's encouraging as is this Michigan's town stance.

I'm more concerned we hit the singularity event before they do.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,045.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The more I think about it....the more this entire thread is a good example for the other thread on what's pulling America apart.

No less than 4 posters of the left side of the political aisle have suggested that "xenophobia" is somehow at the heart of this issue. They did so despite...

It's always interesting when posts fail to directly address the points in various previous posts only to come back and pretend to provide an unbiased summary of what was said in them. It typically ends up with strawmen and reiterating failed talking points rather than moving the discussion forward. This seems no different.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,045.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Then you're raware why they aren't sold in the US?
Yep, specific reasons for a specific set of products. And others not having those issues are not lumped into the same group are treated differently, despite coming from the same country.

It's almost as if there's some nuance in the subject, where not everything from a certain country is 100% objectively evil.

Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It's always interesting when posts fail to directly address the points in various previous posts

If you feel you made some point that wasn't addressed, show what it was.

As far as I can tell, you made one completely irrelevant point about japan...and it wasn't just addressed it was entirely dissected.

You haven't added anything since.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The amount of corporate espionage, government espionage, and attempted influence on US citizens' rights by Chinese international business and economic strategy is staggering. I mean...our president has taken money from them and no one seems to understand what for. They flew a spy balloon into our nation and again, for reasons unexplained, it took a rather long time to shoot down.

On China, there isn't that much space between the parties...at least when you focus on actual policies. As one example, Biden kept the Trump era tariffs in place. Taiwan policy is another. Of course, the GOP candidates are making a lot of noise about who is tougher on China, but what policies are they proposing that differ from Biden or any other recent administration?

Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
On China, there isn't that much space between the parties...at least when you focus on actual policies. As one example, Biden kept the Trump era tariffs in place. Taiwan policy is another. Of course, the GOP candidates are making a lot of noise about who is tougher on China, but what policies are they proposing that differ from Biden or any other recent administration?

I don't want to get too off topic.

This was about a specific proposal, and scooping out what few differences exist isn't that.

I would agree generally though, once rhetoric is pushed aside, there's little difference on policies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,045.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If you feel you made some point that wasn't addressed, show what it was.
Already did multiple times in previous posts, only to be ignored in favor of some weird desire to republish my post elsewhere. When behavior contradicts words, it becomes obvious which one to believe.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Already did multiple times in previous posts,

Give me an example. Which post?

Edir- There's nothing more telling @KCfromNC than when someone tells you "You haven't responded to my points!" and you ask them "What points?"

And when they reply....they don't include any points lol.

In fact, I'll make a prediction...

If you reply to this, you won't include any supposed "points" you made that I "didn't address".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The concerns about what the parent company may do with the money are valid as are the concerns about the parent company association with the CCP (it sounds like we're in agreement on that part).

The part I was saying that's "non-applicable" in this case is the threat of intimidation by the Chinese "secret police".

Given that the guy who's running the subsidiary a regular old born & bred American dude with no family over there, it's doubtful that they would have any "shake down" power over him...he would just quit and go be a Regional Operations President at some other company (just like when he quit the last one to go work for Gotion)

If the person running the subsidiary was a Chinese American (with family members back in the old country), then the concerns about the Chinese secret police intimidation would be relevant...

I thought about the question I posed to you regarding TikTok when I saw this....

Obviously, there's no direct connection to say China was behind this resurfacing. It is odd though.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I thought about the question I posed to you regarding TikTok when I saw this....

Obviously, there's no direct connection to say China was behind this resurfacing. It is odd though.
Maybe China’s behind puppy-mills too?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,704.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
In your concerns about political ties to China, you don't mention Mitch McConnell, whose inlaws are Chinese shipping billionaires who gave him $25 million when he married Elaine Chao.
Or the Chinese immigrants who were able invest $500K in the U.S. in return fir green cards during the Trump administration. I believe some of them are part owners of 666 Fifth Ave. which Jared Kushner wants to sell.

• Optimistic
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,045.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Give me an example. Which post?

Edir- There's nothing more telling @KCfromNC than when someone tells you "You haven't responded to my points!" and you ask them "What points?"

And when they reply....they don't include any points lol.

In fact, I'll make a prediction...

If you reply to this, you won't include any supposed "points" you made that I "didn't address".

Ah yes, attempts to poison the well. Things must be going well if all a post has is fantasies made up to justify made up accusations.

But that issue aside, there's also the issue of failing to substantiate the claims made in post #35. I mean, I get the point of the performance, but maybe tone down the lame personal attacks a bit - it distracts from the humor of imagining someone reading my post and the first thing that comes to mind for them is thinking that it means all Asians are the same.

Upvote 0