Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The elected officials don't mind seeing them starve once they get here though.
That wholly irrelevant to the point, unless you are saying it’s better to murder someone if there’s a possibility that they may starve.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I know. It’s crazy to try to emotionally manipulate people into not murdering their child. How awful of us.

Hey, if you can't make your argument with accurate information, that's not my problem.

Thing is, this exchange started with a comment about force, specifically how some are forcing their views on abortion on everyone else. It's only the anti-abortion folk who are trying to force their view. Those who are pro-choice are perfectly fine with whatever your views on abortion are, and perfectly willing to let you make your own decisions when you're pregnant.

-- A2SG, your uterus, your rules......

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That wholly irrelevant to the point, unless you are saying it’s better to murder someone if there’s a possibility that they may starve.

I think the point here is that saying it's all about the children when decrying abortion flies in the face of the fact that, after the child is born, anti-abortion advocates no longer seem to care what happens to the kid.

-- A2SG, you'd think they'd be supporting child care centers instead of picketing health clinics, but you never seem to find them actually doing that....

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Soul_Tsunami

Mar 7, 2023
Gilbert
✟14,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There is no need to make people feel bad about their selfish decisions. Calling it healthcare is laughable at best. Most abortions have nothing to do with the health of the woman. It seems to me to be more about the inconvenience.

• Agree
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There is no need to make people feel bad about their selfish decisions. Calling it healthcare is laughable at best. Most abortions have nothing to do with the health of the woman. It seems to me to be more about the inconvenience.

So? What difference does the reason for the decision make? Does everyone need to subject the reasons they wish to undergo any medical procedure to public scrutiny, or are only pregnant woman required to justify their decisions?

-- A2SG, do you put your medical decisions up to a vote before making them?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Hey, if you can't make your argument with accurate information, that's not my problem.

Thing is, this exchange started with a comment about force, specifically how some are forcing their views on abortion on everyone else. It's only the anti-abortion folk who are trying to force their view. Those who are pro-choice are perfectly fine with whatever your views on abortion are, and perfectly willing to let you make your own decisions when you're pregnant.

-- A2SG, your uterus, your rules......
Let me be clear. Murdering babies in the womb is one of the most barbaric things that can be done. It’s disgusting that some think it’s just okie dokie. Trying to protect innocent life isn’t forcing a view. It’s basic humanity.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I think the point here is that saying it's all about the children when decrying abortion flies in the face of the fact that, after the child is born, anti-abortion advocates no longer seem to care what happens to the kid.

-- A2SG, you'd think they'd be supporting child care centers instead of picketing health clinics, but you never seem to find them actually doing that....
And your solution is the dismemberment of innocent children. That’s horrible.

• Agree
Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Let me be clear. Murdering babies in the womb is one of the most barbaric things that can be done. It’s disgusting that some think it’s just okie dokie. Trying to protect innocent life isn’t forcing a view. It’s basic humanity.

Still can't make your case with accurate information, I see.

And if you're trying to make someone carry a pregnancy to term against their wishes, you're forcing your point of view on them. At least be honest about your intentions.

And your solution is the dismemberment of innocent children. That’s horrible.

Whatever gave you the idea this is my solution? I'm not pregnant.

-- A2SG, talk about assumptions without a hint of foundation.....

Reactions: NxNW
Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
How it seems to you is irrelevant.

Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
But they're not innocent. They're invading a woman's body without permission, and in some cases endangering her life.
Shouldn't a woman have the right to defend herself against such an attack? After all, if someone invades her house, she can defend it with deadly force. Even if she forgets to lock the door (which might be compared to forgetting to use birth control), that doesn't give the invader the right to move in.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat

That's the thing though. Some Christians are against even medical abortions to save the mother's life. They feel she chose to have sex and now if the fetus is killing her, if she aborts she is sinning because she chose to save her own life instead of dying. They feel she should choose not to abort because she is in their words "murdering her baby."

You cannot get them to understand that the fetus is going to die anyway, so why have two deaths when the mother can live.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That's the thing though. Some Christians are against even medical abortions to save the mother's life. They feel she chose to have sex and now if the Christians is killing her, if she aborts she is sinning because she chose to save her own life instead of dying. They feel she should choose not to abort because she is in their words "murdering her baby."

You cannot get them to understand that the fetus is going to die anyway, so why have two deaths when the mother can live.
It goes back to a hatred of all women and a desire to see them suffer.

• Agree
Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Still can't make your case with accurate information, I see
Abortion is murder. That’s accurate.
And if you're trying to make someone carry a pregnancy to term against their wishes, you're forcing your point of view on them. At least be honest about your intentions.
I’m honest. I want babies to not be brutally murdered in the womb.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
But they're not innocent. They're invading a woman's body without permission, and in some cases endangering her life.
Shouldn't a woman have the right to defend herself against such an attack? After all, if someone invades her house, she can defend it with deadly force. Even if she forgets to lock the door (which might be compared to forgetting to use birth control), that doesn't give the invader the right to move in.
I really cannot believe how incredibly stupid this argument is.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
That's the thing though. Some Christians are against even medical abortions to save the mother's life. They feel she chose to have sex and now if the Christians is killing her, if she aborts she is sinning because she chose to save her own life instead of dying. They feel she should choose not to abort because she is in their words "murdering her baby."

Some, but not all. So don’t paint with such a broad brush.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Some, but not all. So don’t paint with such a broad brush.

The second sentence literally starts with the word some.

You're seeing a broad brush where there isn't one being used.

Upvote 0