Michael Moore Doesn't Belive Biden is Ahead.

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,576.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The mail in ballot numbers so far would suggest this is the case since, overwhelmingly, Democrats have said they prefer and plan on mail in ballots, and mail in numbers have been big so far, while Republicans have overwhelmingly said they prefer and plan on voting in person. Trump may need an unusually high voter turn out on election day to pull it off.
And what about Democrats you think would vote for their Party but swing to Trump. I've read comments in various sites in which many say that's what they're going to do.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

steve78

Jan 18, 2011
✟18,341.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Don't care for Moore's politics BUT he tells it like it is generally speaking when he talks about polls. The Dems like to spread their delusion that everything is fine and great but Moore KNOWS better. I think what he's saying here to Dems is don't drink the Kool Aide and it's a false narrative that Trump is really losing. And yet so many quote the polls, the polls, THE POLLS!

Michael Moore doesn't believe the polls showing Biden ahead of Trump

Polls are rarely right but i would be surprised if Trump won. His poor handling of Covid 19 will cost him the white house.

Christian fundies and racists will still vote for him, his core vote. Will be interesting to see where the black American and women's vote go.

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Even IF Biden wins, I believe the American people will be served up Harris instead not long after the celebration dies down.

So... as much as I've never really cared for Moore.. I have to agree, regardless of outcome... I don't believe Biden is the future.

Upvote 0

steve78

Jan 18, 2011
✟18,341.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Even IF Biden wins, I believe the American people will be served up Harris instead not long after the celebration dies down.

Trump won't leave even if Biden wins. Dictator Trump will use supreme court to try and hold onto power. Going to be an interesting election.

Not so clued up on American law i wonder what Biden could do to ensure Trump leaves. Polls suggest a Biden landslide by a closer result could pose problems.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,576.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Polls are rarely right but i would be surprised if Trump won. His poor handling of Covid 19 will cost him the white house.

Christian fundies and racists will still vote for him, his core vote. Will be interesting to see where the black American and women's vote go.
Racists will vote for Trump? I suppose there could be a few just like there are with the Dems.

I think you'll find black American vote up significantly for Trump. I believe they also want law and order, peace and security and not saying many of them don't think they'd get that with Biden but I think they'll feel they'll get the reality of that more so with Trump. Women's vote will go more for Trump too and the majority feel good about the new lady on the Supreme Court. (after they heard her testify) Word is youth vote is going up for Trump too and that's because of Covid. Sure they wanted free education that Bernie promised but they don't want any more lock downs and want life to get back to normal. We'll see soon enough.

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟448,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And what about Democrats you think would vote for their Party but swing to Trump. I've read comments in various sites in which many say that's what they're going to do.

I think in this election that's mostly going to be people who are registered with a party because of primaries, etc. but don't truly identify with that party. Interestingly, my wife and I are registered with different parties, and neither one of us voted for the candidate our registered party put forth. I'm not at all partisan despite party registration and my ballot is always purple. If both parties allowed independents to choose a party to vote for in the primary, I'd go that way.

To a different earlier post about Biden ahead in battleground states, I do fully expect Trump to win North Carolina. NC is a strange state in that it has historically, back to the days of Jesse Helms, voted more conservatively for national offices (President, Senators) than polls indicated. I watched Helms win again and again when he was behind in polls. For statewide offices (Governor, Judges) Democrats are very competitive. They used to be competitive with state legislature until gerrymandering changed that a while back. In the end, people here generally want Washington to be conservative but are more moderate with the state government. All that to say, Trump will likely win NC while our Democratic Governor easily wins re-election.

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟448,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bobber - obviously racists that vote will vote heavily Republican. That isn't a criticism of the Republican party and doesn't mean the Republican party is racist. There really only 2 parties to choose from if someone wants to impact the election and that is where racists will heavily fall. It was the opposite scenario just last century. The antifa/marxist people that vote will vote heavily Democratic. The real extremists on both sides often don't vote though because neither party is close enough to their ideology to make it worth it to them.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,576.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Trump won't leave even if Biden wins. Dictator Trump will use supreme court to try and hold onto power. Going to be an interesting election.

But that's NOT being a dictator. Courts are a part of the legal process to keep things in proper check for all parties involved. Or will you remember that Steve if it's the Dems seek to use the Courts to contest the election?

The fact is if a Party sought to shut down any candidates LEGAL recourse that by definition would be tyrannical.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The Dems like to spread their delusion that everything is fine and great but Moore KNOWS better. I think what he's saying here to Dems is don't drink the Kool Aide and it's a false narrative that Trump is really losing.

I think that after the 2016 election, we know to be cautious. No one who is wise is being complacent.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Democrats PANIC Over Low Turnout In Major Democrat Stronghold As Trump Secret Voters STORM The Polls. Miami is looking better and better for Trump signaling a major victory in Florida. Democrats are getting angry over the polls claiming Biden can't lose as well as the constant media fear mongering over the pandemic which they feel is driving away in person voters. Now in Florida Republicans and trump have a major advantage and Democrats are "screaming and hollering" about desperate need for support to win the state. Instead of defending in Florida or trying to win Texas, for some reason Joe Biden is in Minnesota, a state not lost by Democrats since 1972 This suggest the polls are wrong and they know it. Trump is on track for victory at least according to pollsters who got it right in 2016.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The mail in ballot numbers so far would suggest this is the case since, overwhelmingly, Democrats have said they prefer and plan on mail in ballots, and mail in numbers have been big so far, while Republicans have overwhelmingly said they prefer and plan on voting in person. Trump may need an unusually high voter turn out on election day to pull it off.
I have heard that the pre-election date vote tally isn't significantly higher than in 2016.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Don't care for Moore's politics BUT he tells it like it is generally speaking when he talks about polls. The Dems like to spread their delusion that everything is fine and great but Moore KNOWS better. I think what he's saying here to Dems is don't drink the Kool Aide and it's a false narrative that Trump is really losing. And yet so many quote the polls, the polls, THE POLLS!

the polls don't matter because the electoral college gets the final say.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Democrats PANIC Over Low Turnout In Major Democrat Stronghold As Trump Secret Voters STORM The Polls. Miami is looking better and better for Trump signaling a major victory in Florida. Democrats are getting angry over the polls claiming Biden can't lose as well as the constant media fear mongering over the pandemic which they feel is driving away in person voters. Now in Florida Republicans and trump have a major advantage and Democrats are "screaming and hollering" about desperate need for support to win the state. Instead of defending in Florida or trying to win Texas, for some reason Joe Biden is in Minnesota, a state not lost by Democrats since 1972 This suggest the polls are wrong and they know it. Trump is on track for victory at least according to pollsters who got it right in 2016.

I’m not sure a visit from a candidate is key to winning a state, it’s door to door canvassing and GOTV work that is most important. Which is not to say that Biden has enough forces on the ground. He was late to start in person canvassing.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,317.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If the Democrats were having premature Victory parties and running around with delusional smiles on their faces might agree. But there is a caution in the way the media and Democrat party are sharing poll information that implies an authenticity to these numbers. At the end of the day people need to vote and it is the people who actually vote that make the difference not those who merely express opinions to pollsters.

Upvote 0

robycop3

Sep 16, 2014
✟115,462.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
People often don't tell the truth in national polls, & polls are often selective in WHO they question, hoping to achieve a desired result. I believe many people are wary of Biden's tax plan, his age, & his runnung mate. Kamala was quite-unpopular among the Dems when the hopefuls were trying for the nomination.

If the Dems were serious about winning the POTUS race, they'da nominated a better candidate !

Upvote 0

Bond-servant of Christ

Sep 15, 2020
Birmingham
✟21,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
To believe Trump is going to win you not only have to believe that every single poll is wrong but you also have to believe they're wrong outside their 95% confidence rate. Pollsters expect 1 in 20 polls to be wrong, meaning the real numbers are outside the margin of error. To believe Trump is winning you have to believe 19 in 20 polls are wrong, which is an absurd proposition. Especially so when the polls were right, within the margin of error, in 2016. The only polls that were off were in Wisconsin but that is to be expected because 5% of polls are simply wrong.

polls??? Here in Old England we had elections in 2017, when the then PM, Mrs May, was leading in almost every poll, by about 19% Because of this, see called and election, and, the very small majority that her party had, she LOST, and only became PM with a minority government, and support from MP's in Northern Ireland! So much for the polling of almost TWENTY points lead!!!

Upvote 0