KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
the information was seized by the fbi. There is no collusion

You can't possibly know that. You're welcome to your own opinion but if you're just going to make stuff up it is going to be hard to convince others that opinion means anything.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
another move by democrats to destroy the country. That lawyer to client priveledge thing is out the window.
When a client and attorney are allegedly engaged in criminal acts, it does go out the window.

• Informative
Reactions: Jack Slatts
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
the information was seized by the fbi. There is no collusion, and yet, this is what they seized the records looking for., knowing there is none. Just more democratic propaganda to feed to their machine. This, like everything else, like all the other woman, will be history next week.
Using campaign funds for hush money is illegal.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The FBI seized the content. The special master determined which items were privileged and which weren't. The recording was deemed privileged so it was never handed over to prosecutors. The only ones who had it were Cohen’s people who said they shared it with Trump's people. I didn't think this was difficult to follow.

I said earlier I thought it was a distraction, I didn't know at the time it was privileged. I was myself wondering what FBI agent was going to lose their job or how it was that it was ok for the FBI to release this as it didn't sit well with me. I was wondering if an agent had gone rogue after Trump's behavior this week, and I wasn't going to rule a leak out, but it turns out it wasn't them. Notice Trump's team isn't saying how outraged they are that the FBI leaked something, they are out spinning this as a good thing for Trump, and according to Cohen's lawyer giving an inaccurate description and transcript, but they are prevented from correcting the record in detail because he is the subject of a current case involving the materials. Mighty convenient for Trump, huh?
You use of facts is quite unwelcome.:swoon:

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe all politicians are corrupt. I also dont think politicians should be holy men. Holy men dont have anything to do with the world and its politics. They always point to the kingdom not an earthly nation. Look at economics for example, the politicians teach us to worry about the economy and express dissension, However thats not the way that the Lord and His apostles teach us. They say to be anxious for nothing but to pray for all things, and God will take care of us.
Please read your post that I responded to.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,674.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
And now the smart money says that Giuliani was the one who released the tape because it was most likely the least innocuous of all the tapes the government had.

There are still some dangerous inferences that can be drawn from it.

Sort of like when the NY Times received an envelope with one page of Trump's 1995 tax returns---also sent from the Trump campaign.

It's like they sort through tons and tons of evidence, trying to find one tiny shred that won't make them look "too" bad, and send it to the media....

As if they think the media doesn't know the scam they're playing.

• Agree
Upvote 0

CitizenD

Jul 19, 2017
San Francisco
✟100,555.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's like they sort through tons and tons of evidence, trying to find one tiny shred that won't make them look "too" bad, and send it to the media....

The media does know it. The problem is that Trump supporters will take the charade hook, line, and sinker... AND use the media explanations as proof they're FAKE NOOOOZZ and biased.

• Agree
Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟607,061.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You use of facts is quite unwelcome.:swoon:

And now the smart money says that Giuliani was the one who released the tape because it was most likely the least innocuous of all the tapes the government had.

There are still some dangerous inferences that can be drawn from it.

Sort of like when the NY Times received an envelope with one page of Trump's 1995 tax returns---also sent from the Trump campaign.

I might be wrong about Trump's team leaking it. Michael Avenatti said Cohen's team leaked it to send a message to Trump and he tends to deal more directly with them to know. All I know is that it wasn't the prosecutors or FBI because they never got to review info deemed privileged. If he's right that lines up better with the reporting that Trump was taken by surprise and said he couldn't believe that Michael would do something like that to him.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I agree with you. I think Christians who wholeheartedly support Trump is a terrible Christian witness to unbelievers too, but I also think it's a terrible witness for evangelical Christianity as well. I know it's certainly caused me to no longer take any Christian who supports Trump seriously anymore.

I do know some real decent Christians who've supported Trump out of ignorance & not any corruption of character. I know of folks who said they voted for Trump solely on account of thinking that if Roe v Wade was overturned it would immediately outlaw abortion throughout the entire country & there'd never again be another abortion. Of course that's not how it'd work but that's how they think it would so they held their noses & voted for him solely on account of SCOTUS.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do know some real decent Christians who've supported Trump out of ignorance & not any corruption of character. I know of folks who said they voted for Trump solely on account of thinking that if Roe v Wade was overturned it would immediately outlaw abortion throughout the entire country & there'd never again be another abortion. Of course that's not how it'd work but that's how they think it would so they held their noses & voted for him solely on account of SCOTUS.

I wrote that post you replied to in the midst of some frustration last night. Spending too much on this site conversing with certain members of opposing political views does that to me sometimes. If I had thought it through I would have remembered that I also know some evangelicals who once supported Trump out of ignorance too. However, these Christians no longer support him and they have admitted that they now regret ever supporting him in the first place. Each one of these Christians shared their own reasons why they initially supported him and why they don't support him anymore.

• Winner
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I do understand that there are a lot of decent people who have supported or who continue to support Trump for various reasons, but it is nevertheless still a terrible Christian witness to unbelievers. While you may gain some ground politically, you are losing souls, and which of those things is most important?

(The "you" here is in general, not towards any specific person.)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.