• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Methamphetamine and Christmas

joelchatelier82

Jan 4, 2008
Visit site
✟15,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
very true. i was a meth user unitl i gave it up in november 06 (with prayer and hypnotherapy) about a month after i started using x and speed again, and have now been 7 months clean of all illicts. its a hard road for anyone to take. i developed drug induced schizophrenia from it (diagnosed in dec05) and still struggle with it today. if any1 wants help or has questions feel free to pm me :)

blessings
joel

Upvote 0

sdmsanjose

Jun 19, 2006
Arizona
✟23,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don,
Thank you for bringing up this subject.

Don you said”
“Do everything you can to get between the drug and the person you love. If you think someone you love is using, find out and stop them.”
That is a great idea but sometimes that is impossible. I found out after 13 years of trying that the addict has to change from the inside out and that only if God uses you can you do anything about that.

If you think that you are responsible to stop an addict you are setting yourself up for emotional turmoil at least and mental illness is a possibility.
I have used tough love, tender love, hugs, compliments, Juvenile homes, Jail time, Court mandated IP treatment, Prayer, you name it, I have done everything that I know for 13 years.

Don, thank you for explaining the terrible damage that Meth can do. You posted the pictures that show terrible physical damage but the emotional and spiritual damage is just as ugly. We cannot get pictures of the emotions and spirit but if you have a loved one that is a long-term meth addict then you need no pictures, the reality is beyond pictures.

For those of you that have a long term addict as a love one I would offer this information. You will probably get to the point that you have to choose between your addict and yourself and other loved ones. In my opinion that is the only way that you can reduce the damage that will occur to yourself and your other family members. It is kind of like the movie Sophie’s Choice where the mother had to choose between her two children as to which one was going to the gas chamber in Nazi Germany in the 1940s.

Of course there is hope as long as there is life and as long as God is involved. However, I suggest you work towards acceptance of the reality of the statistics that Don mentioned. Your addict may never get clean and if he/she does there will probably be permanent damage of some sort either in the body, mind or spirit. I am not trying to be a downer but moving towards acceptance of some harsh realities will help keep you going from day to day.
I have been full of optimistic hope numerous times and have been disappointed to many times to count. You just cannot wrap your life up in an addict that is not ready for a real change that comes from the inside out.

If God keeps my son alive there will come a day when he will be faced with a terrible crises (his bottom) and then I believe that he may start changing from the inside out. I have seen addicts get clean and in every case it involved some type of great pain. I just hope that when that day comes and if he starts to change that not too much permanent damage has occurred.

This is not a dramatic message it is REAL and I have seen it and live it for 13 years. I hope that someone will get some good out of my son’s addiction because so far nothing but devastation has come from this soul destroying drug, meth.

Reactions: LoG
Upvote 0