Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Loving the one true God and loving one another fulfills these commands.

You shall have no other gods before Me.
You shall not make idols.
You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
Honor your father and your mother.
You shall not murder.
You shall not commit adultery.
You shall not steal.
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
You shall not covet.

Added by the Apostles with approval from the Holy Spirit
Abstain from sexual immorality

We see all the law as law like Paul. But the NT is a guide to which sin still leads to death.
Paul wrote this
When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made youd alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. 15And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.e

16Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. 18Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind. 19They have lost connection with the head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.

Yet Paul considered the law in judgments He made such as
For Scripture says, "Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain," and "The worker deserves his wages."

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Vis said void in response to your 9 fo 10 reply indicating that you believe working on the 7th Day Sabbath is not a sin.

Your subsequent list of 9 Commandments is the RCC version in which the upper echelons of a hierarchical system removed the original 4th commandment. A Major NO NO! Would you rather believe the religious doctrines of pious men that take it upon themselves to act as God's spokesperson.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The yoke referred to was the legalistic teaching of the Judaisers who wanted Gentiles to be circumcised and take on the whole Law as they interpreted it, at the outset, not the Law as G_d intended :) It was this that Peter was arguing against; they then agreed the minimum that Gentiles had to obey as they attended the synagogue for the first time, where they would learn more about G_d's Law (the yoke that was light, as Yeshua spoke about it).
There were also Jews and Gentiles converts who wanted to get circumcised, but Paul discouraged them from doing so.
Galatians 5:2
Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all.

The old covenant has been revoked by God.

• Agree
Reactions: Doctor.Sphinx
Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I still consider 9 of the 10 commandments valid. We would probably disagree on an absence of all work on the sabbath as a requirement. Even having meals prepared in advance. On top of that I would add to abstain from sexual immorality.
All those commands can be kept. We are not free to sin.
I just wanted to remind you that the Sabbath was made for Mankind, not just those in Judaism.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Keeping the sabbath is a absence of all work -meals prepared in advance, can only walk certain distances etc..

# reasons why I don't think it applies to me or anyone for righteousness sake - to remain in Gods love
1. I don't keep that kind of sabbath and Jesus has been with me and loving me for decades - If it lead to death Jesus would have told me or corrected me
2. Jesus stating He is lord of the Sabbath and the Sabbath was made for man not man for the sabbath. We have weekends in this day and age. Do you think the task masters in ancient times would ever give a day off from work without a commandment?
3. Pauls words, which to me as consistent with the Lords, not to let anyone judge you in regard to a sabbath day.

Jesus removed more than 1 but added Himself(follow me)
A certain ruler asked him, “Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

19“Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone. 20You know the commandments: ‘You shall not commit adultery, you shall not murder, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, honor your father and mother.’a

21“All these I have kept since I was a boy,” he said.

22When Jesus heard this, he said to him, “You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
Romans 13:9
The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,” and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
There were also Jews and Gentiles converts who wanted to get circumcised, but Paul discouraged them from doing so.
Galatians 5:2
Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all.

The old covenant has been revoked by God.

If you quote it in context and not incomplete it is not just as you seem to think. You should also read Romans Ch 2 & 3 and 24!

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If you quote it in context and not incomplete it is not just as you seem to think. You should also read Romans Ch 2 & 3 and 24!
It would help if you narrowed things down to the verse.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
No, you just need to do a better job of communicating.

Given that you have quoted a text out of context, there is no point in giving you further texts, stripped of the context. It just encourages more of the same. If you can't be bothered to read that is not my problem :)

As has been said: A text without context is a pretext!

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
No, you just need to do a better job of communicating.
Given that you have quoted a text out of context, there is no point in giving you further texts, stripped of the context. It just encourages more of the same. If you can't be bothered to read that is not my problem :)
This merry-go-round over the months (and years) with CherubRam has become so predictable and so unproductive. Makes one wonder in hind site why one even got drawn into reading his post, let alone taking time to reply to any of his posts.

Will the time ever come when MJ members won't ever read his posts and never reply.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This merry-go-round over the months (and years) with CherubRam has become so predictable and so unproductive. Makes one wonder in hind site why one even got drawn into reading his post, let alone taking time to reply to any of his posts.

Will the time ever come when MJ members won't ever read his posts and never reply.
You have a nice day too.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Prove it!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
?? Void is what I asked, since you only say 9 are valid.
void as in not enforced. I don't keep the sabbath as in absence of all work even preparing meals in advance
Jesus had a short list He added follow Him
A certain ruler asked him, “Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

19“Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone. 20You know the commandments: ‘You shall not commit adultery, you shall not murder, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, honor your father and mother.’”
All these I have kept since I was a boy,” he said.
22When Jesus heard this, he said to him, “You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
23When he heard this, he became very sad, because he was very wealthy. 24Jesus looked at him and said, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God! 25Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
void as in not enforced. I don't keep the sabbath as in absence of all work even preparing meals in advance
Jesus had a short list He added follow Him

19“Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone. 20You know the commandments: ‘You shall not commit adultery, you shall not murder, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, honor your father and mother.’”
All these I have kept since I was a boy,” he said.
23When he heard this, he became very sad, because he was very wealthy. 24Jesus looked at him and said, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God! 25Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

Just because Jesus said several but did not mention the others does not mean that he did not believe them to be valid. On the contrary, the Apostles kept them as well. Also, adding "follow me" would not really be adding another commandment from a Trinitatiran perspective as it would be telling us to follow God. Not God the father, but taken in context with what Jesus says in reply to Matthew 22:36 ""Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?", referencing Deuteronomy 6:4-5: 4“Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one! 5“You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. " we see Jesus telling us to love the LORD with all our heart, which would be to follow Him.

Lastly, the extent of keeping the Sabbath is variable for gentile believers. If you are not Jewish it is far more lax, and always has been. The Law for gentiles in Israel was different from the Law for them outside of it. So, you would not necessarily have to abstain from all work, but there are ways to keep the sabbath generally agreed (but still not overall in agreement) by MJ thinkers for gentiles.

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Loving the one true God and loving one another fulfills these commands.
You shall not murder.
You shall not steal.
You shall not covet.

That's the Roman Catholic Churches' version when they decided to remove the 4th Commandment in order to distinguish their Sunday observance from the Jewish Sabbath. You actually believe this change was added by the Jewish Apostles with the approval of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You shall not murder.
You shall not steal.
You shall not covet.

That's the Roman Catholic Churches' version when they decided to remove the 4th Commandment in order to distinguish their Sunday observance from the Jewish Sabbath. You actually believe this change was added by the Jewish Apostles with the approval of the Holy Spirit.
But the nations which were in the land before them were judged by things apart from the law. mainly sexual immorality.
Le 18:24 Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you:
Le 18:25 And the land is defiled: therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land itself vomiteth out her inhabitants.
Le 18:27 (For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled;)

So, how would it be thought an addition by the Apostles? Rather it seems to be things retained which were prior to the law, and universal in that they were maintained in the law, and beyond

Upvote 0