Messianic History

Alex Tennent

For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Aug 7, 2015
✟11,458.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely you do if you are God! He is before time and outside of time. God has no mother because he has no creation. However, Yeshua was born, so He would have a mother, and being both God and Man (I know you do not believe this), Mary was the "God Bearer", because she bore God in her womb (that is what Theotokos means). Also, Yeshua being both God and Man, being born of Mary, she would be His mother. Yes there are no other gods besides the One True God, and Yeshua is part of that Echad with His Father.
Ok, and I guess that means you will not answer my two specific questions, clearly and one by one?

Upvote 0

Alex Tennent

Aug 7, 2015
✟11,458.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Yes there are no other gods besides the One True God, and Yeshua is part of that Echad with His Father.
Why then does God not say "there is no God besides us", instead of saying there is "no God besides me"?

So if Jesus God talks to Father God it is really more of a ventriloquist act, since they are one God, but still talk to each other?

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Why then does God not say "there is no God besides us", instead of saying there is "no God besides me"?

So if Jesus God talks to Father God it is really more of a ventriloquist act, since they are one God, but still talk to each other?

He does in Genesis...let US make man in OUR image. Echad. Do you not speak with your Father, who you share the same essence with? Same thing. So in Isaiah 44:6, who is speaking? Because Yeshua said the same about Himself...

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
And why then does "Jesus God" specifically tell us that his Father is the only true God, if Jesus God is also a true God?

NAS John 17:3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know Thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom Thou hast sent.

Ok, those are two very clear straightforward questions, please answer them directly and clearly, and then I will answer two questions from you.

Answered #1 in the other post.

#2. He also said a few verses later "And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was." If he was with the Father and they shared Glory BEFORE THE WORLD WAS...you figure it out!

Upvote 0

Alex Tennent

Aug 7, 2015
✟11,458.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
He does in Genesis...let US make man in OUR image. Echad. Do you not speak with your Father, who you share the same essence with? Same thing. So in Isaiah 44:6, who is speaking? Because Yeshua said the same about Himself...
So HaDerekh do you believe all the great prophets like Moses and David were wrong? They all believed and taught that there was one God. Moses spoke with God face to face, but he never taught that God was really three in one (a "Trinity"). King David was a man after God's own heart, but he never believed in a three in one God, otherwise he would have told us. Same with Isaiah, when God spoke through him and he penned those scriptures that there was one God, and no other, was he wrong, and that there are three who are each God, but who somehow make up the one "three in one" God? So all these great men of God were wrong, but Roman Emperor Constantine brought us the truth of the Nicean Creed, that each of the three are Gods, that make up the one God?

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
So HaDerekh do you believe all the great prophets like Moses and David were wrong? They all believed and taught that there was one God. Moses spoke with God face to face, but he never taught that God was really three in one (a "Trinity"). King David was a man after God's own heart, but he never believed in a three in one God, otherwise he would have told us. Same with Isaiah, when God spoke through him and he penned those scriptures that there was one God, and no other, was he wrong, and that there are three who are each God, but who somehow make up the one "three in one" God? So all these great men of God were wrong, but Roman Emperor Constantine brought us the truth of the Nicean Creed, that each of the three are Gods, that make up the one God?

We can only believe in what has been revealed! It could have been Yeshua who spoke to Moses. Yeshua Himself said "Before Abraham was I AM". He also said Abraham was glad to see His day.

Upvote 0

Alex Tennent

Aug 7, 2015
✟11,458.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
We can only believe in what has been revealed! It could have been Yeshua who spoke to Moses. Yeshua Himself said "Before Abraham was I AM". He also said Abraham was glad to see His day.
All of the scriptures you bring have to be interpreted within the existing Jewish idioms that they were spoken in. They are all very easy to explain within the Jewish understanding that there was one god, and "none beside" Him (not "none besides them"). The verses you bring such as "let us make man in our image" (Gen 1:26) are all explained in Chapter 8 of my book if you are interested to check that out. Here is the link:
http://themessianicfeast.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/TMF_Course_8.pdf

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
All of the scriptures you bring have to be interpreted within the existing Jewish idioms that they were spoken in. They are all very easy to explain within the Jewish understanding that there was one god, and "none beside" Him (not "none besides them"). The verses you bring such as "let us make man in our image" (Gen 1:26) are all explained in Chapter 8 of my book if you are interested to check that out. Here is the link:
http://themessianicfeast.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/TMF_Course_8.pdf

Yeah, I know, 1000s of theologians for the last 2000 yrs are wrong and your book is correct.

Upvote 0

Alex Tennent

Aug 7, 2015
✟11,458.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I know, 1000s of theologians for the last 2000 yrs are wrong and your book is correct.
haha, I do appreciate your sense of humor! :)

Well I guess we do not see eye to eye on these things. But to summarize, your main points from our discussions are as follows:

1. The day Friday, is also the "first day since" Friday.

2. There is only one God, but Jesus God, Holy Spirit God and Father God are each God by them selves, and they somehow talk to each other, but there are not three Gods (because more than one God is wrong), but these three Gods make up the one God, so there is only one God.

Would you agree that is your position?

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
haha, I do appreciate your sense of humor! :)

Well I guess we do not see eye to eye on these things. But to summarize, your main points from our discussions are as follows:

1. The day Friday, is also the "first day since" Friday.

2. There is only one God, but Jesus God, Holy Spirit God and Father God are each God by them selves, and they somehow talk to each other, but there are not three Gods (because more than one God is wrong), but these three Gods make up the one God, so there is only one God.

Would you agree that is your position?

No, those are YOUR interpretations of my positions. I see you have a sense of humor too :)

Reactions: Alex Tennent
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,147.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I got saved and Spirit filled in a Pentecostal Holiness church. I thought that if I gave my heart and soul to this church that I would be in revival until the rapture came. Well... The rapture never got here and the revivals went away. I knew I could not rely on the wisdom of others for help so I took to the Virginia Tech library. I could see distinct changes in the times and the seasons. I have come to believe that these churches came about as seven...

Ephesus - Messianic - The Apostle Peter was the Apostle to the Messianics.
Smyrna - Martyr - The Apostle Paul was the Apostle to the Gentiles. Foxes has the persecutions as ten.
Pergamos - Orthodox... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholic - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestant - A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Materialistic - Rich and increased with goods and have need of nothing?

(The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches. - Revelation 1:20)

It seems that the Messianic flock was scattered with the Roman persecutions. I find many old timers in these Virginia mountains who talk about the 'old time religion' as if everyone got off Noah's ark John Wesley Methodist. I just smile and let them speak. But deep down I know the history and plight of the people who have first dibs at the old time religion, the Messianic Jews. I also grieve inside knowing the mistreatment's that have occurred through history.

I think though that the future of the Messianic Jews looks great. I would imagine growth in the Messianic church and would look for the fulfillment of Ezekiel 38, maybe even to the point of reestablishing Jewish borders from the Euphrates to the Nile River.

I believe that we are in Laodicean times in which the focus on doctrinal issues does not seem to matter as in times past. Students at Virginia Tech will go to church for need of fellowship and not pay a whole lot of attention to the shingle outside the building.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
“But these sectarians… did not call themselves Christians – but “Nazarenes,” … However they are simply complete Jews. They use not only the New Testament but the Old Testament as well, as the Jews do… They have no different ideas, but confess everything exactly as the Law proclaims it and in the Jewish fashion– except for their belief in Messiah, if you please! For they acknowledge both the resurrection of the dead and the divine creation of all things, and declare that God is one, and that his son is Jesus the Messiah. They are trained to a nicety in Hebrew. For among them the entire Law, the Prophets, and the… Writings… are read in Hebrew, as they surely are by the Jews. They are different from the Jews, and different from Christians, only in the following. They disagree with Jews because they have come to faith in Messiah; but since they are still fettered by the Law — circumcision, the Sabbath, and the rest– they are not in accord with Christians…they are nothing but Jews… They have the Gospel according to Matthew in its entirety in Hebrew. For it is clear that they still preserve this, in the Hebrew alphabet, as it was originally written.” (Epiphanius; Panarion 29)

Reactions: BukiRob
Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is interesting that the text uses the phrase "simply complete Jews" for those early believers, and dismisses them from being believers even for using the old testament, and using Hebrew still. Belief in the Messiah who came then is not enough, according to what is said. Those with that perspective apparently drifted further from truth themselves.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Most Christians I think are aware of the Messianic history of the church in the first century.
? Where did you get this idea ?
Sorry I didn't get past this sentence in the OP.
Very few Christians or anyone else I've met in person or online
are aware of the Messianic history of the ekklesia in the first century,
or
in the second, third, fourth, and so on....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
? Where did you get this idea ?
Sorry I didn't get past this sentence in the OP.
Very few Christians or anyone else I've met in person or online
are aware of the Messianic history of the ekklesia in the first century,
or
in the second, third, fourth, and so on....
Most of the first century is told in the new testament.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Most of the first century is told in the new testament.
WONDERFUL AND TRUTH.

but most 'Christians' have denied it for over a thousand years, and have opposed Yeshua, for a long, long time,
and
few (compared to the many on the wide road to destruction) know or read the Bible.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
WONDERFUL AND TRUTH.

but most 'Christians' have denied it for over a thousand years, and have opposed Yeshua, for a long, long time,
and
few (compared to the many on the wide road to destruction) know or read the Bible.
It is true that they have been trained to see it through "church doctrine" lenses.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

When they all read through a glass of theology, of course thousands
of theologians could all be wrong. They interpret scriptures using
something other than the bible itself.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
They interpret scriptures using
something other than the bible itself.
"interpreting" starts in error. How could it ever bear good fruit then!?!?

the ekklesia born again in Yeshua, by the Father's Will from Heaven(not by man's will and NOT by man's interpretation and NOT by demonic interpretation)
are living as one in Him,
living in union in Him. (TODAY). Exactly as Yeshua prayed us to be.
JOHN 17

Upvote 0