• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

McDonald's is changing its coffee cups to promote the Covid-19 vaccine

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by Johnboy60, May 11, 2021.

1. Johnboy60

Johnboy60 Looking For Interesting News.

+2,758
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. High Fidelity

High Fidelity Well-Known Member Supporter

+8,761
    United Kingdom
    Baptist
    Private
    Good for them.

3. MMXX

MMXX I Got Vaccinated

+1,347
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Uh oh, I was supposed to be hesitant?

4. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+25,873
    Agnostic
    Single
    Hey, Krispy Kreme gives a free glazed donut to anyone who shows a vaccination card.

If I can find one next to a McDonald's, I'll be doing alright!

5. DerSchweik

DerSchweik Spend time in His Word - every day

+134,039
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I've tried McDonald's coffee. IMHO they ought to change the coffee first.

6. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+29,775
    Anglican
    Married
    McDonald's seems to worry a lot about losing market share to other fast food outlets, but getting into politics in an "in your face" manner is going to make that happen faster than failing to beat the competition by offering a burger with four patties or a bourbon flavored milk shake!

7. MMXX

MMXX I Got Vaccinated

+1,347
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    The irony to this is fast food has probably killed more people than Covid.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. TLK Valentine

+25,873
    Agnostic
    Single
    How are they getting into politics? Encouraging people to get vaccinated is a public health topic, is it not?

(Which is admittedly pretty darn ironic, considering that the best health decision the public can make is to not eat at McDonald's)

9. HappyHope

HappyHope Well-Known Member

+382
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I suspect my caffeine sensitivity will take me out before COVID. I'll risk it either way. If I die, I die.

10. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+29,775
    Anglican
    Married
    Fairly or unfairly, it is now a hot political topic. I took no stand on the merits of McDonald's use of that statement except to say that it will no doubt cause a number of customers to think they don't go there in order to be lectured on a government policy--of any kind. Had it been something like "Be nice to someone today," maybe that would be different, but not this.

11. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+18,716
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Could be worse. Could be Dunkin.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. TLK Valentine

+25,873
    Agnostic
    Single
    Agreed -- but the decision to get vaccinated or not may not necessarily be politically motivated.

If you refuse to vaccinated because it's against your religion, or because you have a phobia about needles, your choice is personal, not political.

If, OTOH, you don't get the vaccine because an ex-president says you shouldn't, or because a current president says you should, then you've made it political.

Similarly, McDonald's choice to promote vaccinations seems far more likely to be a business decision than a political one... pretending to care about public health and safety makes for good PR... and it distracts people from asking awkward questions about what really is in the Filet-o-Fish sandwich (you probably don't want to know).

Except the COVID vaccine isn't a government policy -- of any kind. They are not, AFAIK, required by law.

It is not the duty of McDonald's to educate the ignorant regarding what is or is not government policy...

Getting vaccinated is a very nice thing to do for someone else. McDonald's simply chose to be specific and topical.

13. HappyHope

+382
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    They do have nasty coffee. I agree.

14. GOD Shines Forth!

GOD Shines Forth! Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,351
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Flesh gives birth to flesh.

Companies have been doing this stuff forever. They are blown and tossed by $$$.

15. HappyHope

+382
    United States
    Christian
    Married
  16. TLK Valentine

+25,873
    Agnostic
    Single
    Indeed -- anyone picky enough to be upset over a pro-vaxx message wouldn't be eating at McDonald's in the first place... let alone drinking the coffee, which is better suited for fixing a leaky roof.

17. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+22,693
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Vaccinations aren’t a political issue. You’ll note these vaccines were developed and distributed under two entirely different administrations of two different political parties. Stop trying to politicize the pandemic.

18. DerSchweik

DerSchweik Spend time in His Word - every day

+134,039
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Really? Not a political issue? :scratch:

19. WolfGate

WolfGate Senior Member

+1,469
    Christian
    Married
    Vaccinations should not be a political issue, but they were turned that way by a President who realized he was in trouble and thought he could win an election by making it one. He was wrong, of course, but now we're having to deal with the fallout from his minions who don't realize they were being played.

In McDonald's case, I think they understand the best way to have a free, thriving economy again is to get Covid under control. I expect businesses to make business decisions in general.

20. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+29,775
    Anglican
    Married
    Oh, yes they are. They shouldn't have become one, I suppose, but they certainly are.

That's not to say that every customer is going to boycott McDonald's or even care, but as I said, the fast food market is highly competitive and McD's seems to be deeply concerned if it loses even a couple of percentage points in popularity to some other company.

But if she goes through with this move we're talking about, she is certain to alienate people who just do not appreciate being preached at concerning government edicts, no matter what they are.