with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Killing two birds with one stone? But stones don't float :scratch:

But the longshot path to a Sessions victory would serve two purposes for the GOP: the party would retain the seat, and Sessions would leave the Department of Justice after months of public criticism by President Donald Trump over his decision to recuse himself from the Russia investigation and not prosecute Trump's political enemies.

Full story here -->:wave:

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Ada Lovelace

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
In order for a write-in to have a shot, the Alabama Republican needs party withdraw its support of Moore's nomination. A meeting is being held this week, which will result in an unclear outcome,

Under state law, it is too late to remove Moore’s name from the ballot or replace him with another candidate. If his nomination is withdrawn but he still gets the most votes in the Dec. 12 election against Democratic nominee Doug Jones, it’s unclear what happens. Some interpret the law as saying the election would be null and void and the governor would need to call a new one, while others say the second-place finisher would be declared the winner, whether that’s Jones or a write-in. Lawsuits would be likely.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It's actually the only way the Republicans can have their partisan cake and eat it, too. If they choose some other course of action, virtually giving away the Senate seat, how will these RINOs ever face the voters in less than a year? (Or do Mitch and his friends prefer being in the minority so that they cannot be held accountable for their incompetence at passing legislation?)

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Yes, the best plan for this Senate race is for the GOP to bounce the accused pedophile and put the repeated perjurer in his place.

I mean, seriously, has anyone paid attention to Jeff "I don't recall" Sessions' multiple testimony sessions in which we already know he has li..ahem...provided false answers multiple times while under oath?

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yes, the best plan for this Senate race is for the GOP to bounce the accused pedophile and put the repeated perjurer in his place.

I mean, seriously, has anyone paid attention to Jeff "I don't recall" Sessions' multiple testimony sessions in which we already know he has li..ahem...provided false answers multiple times while under oath?

And now we see real evidence that a Sessions candidacy is the most promising strategy from the Republican point of view. He's the one the Left most wants not to face in a special election. Thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
And now we see real evidence that a Sessions candidacy is the most promising strategy from the Republican point of view. He's the one the Left most wants not to face in a special election. Thanks.

Hey Albion, good to see you.

Firstly, i'm not a representative of "what the Left" wants. You can believe it to be so, but it doesn't change reality.

Secondly, i'd love to see Sessions put in as the candidate from the GOP, only to get ousted when his lies catch up with him.

Lastly, we're all still waiting for your expose' as to how Obama displayed a lower moral character than Trump. Clearly, lack of time wasn't the real issue in putting forth your evidence to support your assertion.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I doubt very much that Sessions will "throw his hat into the ring", especially if Moore does not withdraw.
I think that's right. It's a strategy worth considering, if you're Mitch McConnell; and everyone would be better served if we had a more effective Attorney General, but I'd be surprised if Sessions decided to go that route.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums