Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Honestly, I know how frustrating it can be to have to do that. I appreciate that you hunted down that last post to prove your point.

However, I was not talking about the entirety of politifact. I was simply stated that they called out Obama too. And then I provided EVIDENCE of that.

You are welcome to call into question their complete impartiality, but you can't deny that they DID label Obama as having lied during his tenure.

Lastly, I know you are not a Trump supporter. I mistyped "more" when I should have said "moment" and I can see the implication there, but I know you are not a supporter.

No worries. As for Politifact, they aren't complete partisan shills, just very biased, which makes them worse, IMO.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People could learn to stop jumping to conclusions as well. I know that is unheard of today, but it's worked for longer than any of us have been on this planet.

Again the term was clarified that it was an adjective, and if people want to pretend they dont' know what that entails? That's pretty much on them.

Adjectives matter too. You ignore them? It's called fake news.

lol funny how that works huh?

...words have consequences. In this case, his Secretary of State had to clarify what was meant with Mexico. Just a couple weeks ago Trump hinted he may send the U.S. military into Mexico to deal with the bad hombres.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People really believe military, and intelligence agencies are stapled to the hip of the sitting administration.

This isn't true at all, which is why there is such a thing as a coup (which is happening in the States now.)

There are many soldiers who are simply for the American people - no matter the administration.

And, they take seriously the charge to defend the constitution from foreign or domestic tyranny - even if the people don't know how to tell the threat themselves.

I wasn't suggesting Kelly would lead a coup...resign is the more likely route. Note, he doesn't have any military authority in any case....he is Secretary of Homeland Security.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,185.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
IMO, much more to do with being fed up with elitist/establishment politicians. Both democrats and republicans shared this, with sanders getting more support than anticipated and trump beating 16 establishment politicians. A lot of democrats who voted for obama and especially; women, hispanics and blacks, didnt vote for clinton. That is the biggest fact to take from this election.

Could be complacency - if things are good there's less motivate to get out and vote. Or it could be a signal to the establishment. But based on the polling numbers my guess is that either message is going to be lost in the noise of an anti-Trump protest vote in the midterms and beyond - assuming he's still in office then.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Could be complacency - if things are good there's less motivate to get out and vote. Or it could be a signal to the establishment. But based on the polling numbers my guess is that either message is going to be lost in the noise of an anti-Trump protest vote in the midterms and beyond - assuming he's still in office then.
I really dont think it has much to do at all with complacency. If it did, complacency should sustain the status quo.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,185.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
They did give obama a long, long honeymoon and where never overly harsh on him. IMO, the fact that he was the first black president, likely had something to do with it.
Plus how well he compared to the previous administration - what with being able to speak in complete sentences and all.

• Haha
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I wasn't suggesting Kelly would lead a coup...resign is the more likely route. Note, he doesn't have any military authority in any case....he is Secretary of Homeland Security.

Well then he has the Coast Guard.

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

Oh, I wasn't suggesting you were suggesting that.

It is just a fact of life right now. He wouldn't have to campaign much from what I hear - the military and intelligence agencies are "doing their own thing" whilst guardedly obeying the commander in chief.

It was all from me - my opinion - that we are currently in a coup, precisely because the military and intelligence agencies are executing contengencies "just in case," and in general. It was related to the misconception people have assuming the military and intelligence communities are stapled to the hip of any sitting administration.

Sorry for the mixup.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,185.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I really dont think it has much to do at all with complacency. If it did, complacency should sustain the status quo.
If the story is that slightly lower traditional D voter turnout was the cause of Trump winning then I think complacency or lack of urgency is certainly a possibility. Given the post-election polling numbers I'm not sure that "revolution against the status quo" is any more likely.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,509.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
And there it is. Cnn, ny times, wapo, la times and politico banned from media briefing.

Congratulations trump administration for handling your harshest critics for a full 31 days or your administration; a solid 2.1% of your time in office.

What a loser

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
And there it is. Cnn, ny times, wapo, la times and politico banned from media briefing.

Congratulations trump administration for handling your harshest critics for a full 31 days or your administration; a solid 2.1% of your time in office.

What a loser

Obama attempted the same thing with FOX his first year. I'm more surprised the WH PC didn't revolt this time around like they did with Obama.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,509.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Obama attempted the same thing with FOX his first year. I'm more surprised the WH PC didn't revolt this time around like they did with Obama.
Yeah... after finally seeing a news report on it...I was certainly a bit presumptuous so far.

Perhaps they are more worried about access .

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If the story is that slightly lower traditional D voter turnout was the cause of Trump winning then I think complacency or lack of urgency is certainly a possibility. Given the post-election polling numbers I'm not sure that "revolution against the status quo" is any more likely.
It isnt a story, it is reality. Fewer; women, blacks and hispanics voted for hilary, compared to obama. So, considering how trump presented himself, the fact fewer of those types voted for clinton, speaks volumes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,507,481.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
red-strawberry-hat-wool-beret-girls-winter-wear20667.jpg

MOD HAT ON

This thread will remain closed after persistent breaking of CF rules.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.