United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
No, you don't.
You will never be worthy to be loved, or saved, by God, and you can never say to him "now I am worthy, speak to me/give me a vision."
Rather than praying for "its return", why not resolve to obey and follow God?

I have and sometimes* I struggle. Are you sinless in your Faith. My understanding is that is impossible that is why I must try to correct my errors and continually ask for His Forgiveness through Confession and Prayer.

*The word sometimes is a lie. Most times. I don't what to correct it so that was hidden.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maxwell511

Contributor
Jun 12, 2005
Utah County
✟16,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Jesus was communicating with you, and you asked him to save it for a more convenient time?

In these visitations, had Jesus returned to the earth or are people going to heaven?

People can go to Heaven and what Heaven looks like. Jesus still communicates with me I feel but more subtly. For example during a bad weekend with my spouse, and I had doubts, had arranged Matthew Chapter 22 read at Church. My wife says in paraphrasing He just gave you want I needed then but provides Gifts to help me get to that place again.

It felt too hard to live on Earth with that sense. I did feel I sinned for that. The more convenient time is after Judgement I hope now.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,556.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have and sometimes I struggle. Are you sinless in your Faith. My understanding is that is impossible that is why I must try to correct my errors and continually ask for His Forgiveness through Confession and Prayer.

No, I'm not sinless in my faith. I get things wrong, sin, confess and ask for his strength to do better.
But that's not at all the same as saying that I try to make myself "worthy". I can never be worthy - God loves me because he is love not because I have become sinless.

Upvote 0

Maxwell511

Contributor
Jun 12, 2005
Utah County
✟16,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
No, you don't.
You will never be worthy to be loved, or saved, by God, and you can never say to him "now I am worthy, speak to me/give me a vision."
Rather than praying for "its return", why not resolve to obey and follow God?

Also what do mean by worthy do you deny John 3:16? Has Jesus not decided all of us our worthy? I did not ask Jesus anything. He came an talked to me. He only asked me to call out his True Name and not use "The super weird interconnecty thingy" I called Him for most of Atheist life as He guided me. Then He showed some stuff.

Upvote 0

Maxwell511

Contributor
Jun 12, 2005
Utah County
✟16,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
No, I'm not sinless in my faith. I get things wrong, sin, confess and ask for his strength to do better.
But that's not at all the same as saying that I try to make myself "worthy". I can never be worthy - God loves me because he is love not because I have become sinless.

I feel you are confusing the words worthy and sinless and using the same definition for both words. I can be wrong and they truly mean the same. I once blasphemed and thought God hated sinners but I notice that he accepts the Bad and the Good into Heaven as per Matthew 22. Although admittedly what is the nature of Wedding Clothes is confusing and ever changing for me.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
There is a big difference (guys) between being "declared worthy or made to be considered worthy by Jesus" and because of Him, etc, and "actually being worthy or worthy in and of your own self", or "because you have made actually made yourself worthy somehow", etc, like by your own work or works or doing or own self-effort or own will or because or your own will or works, etc, in and because of your own self and your own self-will, etc, etc, etc...

We've been made or declared worthy because of Jesus, and that's it, etc...

And only because of what He did, and not at all what we do, or did, etc...

And not by even being made to be perfect in and of of own selves by Him either, like in our sins, etc, by Him, etc, but just only, "only", because of His great Love for us "anyway" and "regardless", etc, or "irregardless", etc, and that's it...

And not because of our great love for Him either, but only His great Love for us, etc, and that's it, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Maxwell511

Contributor
Jun 12, 2005
Utah County
✟16,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I understand exactly how you feel. This was my experience at one point and I realized it was all about being weaned as a babe in Christ and becoming a mature believer. It's also a matter of faith. In fact, I did a sermon a few days ago sharing some of my experience in this regard, and i believe that would give you a better understanding compared to what I can type now. Check it out on YouTube and let me know if it helped. Here's the link:

My daughter is now at the age where she can almost crawl. Sometimes I but her down to practice crawling. Sometimes she cries when I do that because she wants her Dad to hold her. Me not holding her and placing her on the floor and trying to show her crawling actions at a slight distance will help her move herself. To eventually walk. Somedays I think she knows that others not. She loves being held by her father. One day she will walk and soon run and then when she wants to be held by her Father she can run to me and be held and loved. In those days she won't even remember why she cried sometimes when I put her on the floor and she didn't understand.

Upvote 0

Maxwell511

Contributor
Jun 12, 2005
Utah County
✟16,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
There is a big difference (guys) between being "declared worthy or made to be considered worthy by Jesus" and because of Him, etc, and "actually being worthy or worthy in and of your own self", or "because you have made actually made yourself worthy somehow", etc, like by your own work or works or doing or own self-effort or own will or because or your own will or works, etc, in and because of your own self and your own self-will, etc, etc, etc...

And not by even being made to be perfect in and of of own selves by Him either, like in our sins, etc, by Him, etc, but just only, "only", because of His great Love for us "anyway" and "regardless", etc, or "irregardless", etc, and that's it...

And not because of our great love for Him either, but only His great Love for us, etc, and that's it, etc...

God Bless!

Maybe a better word is Called not worthy.

God Bless too.

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

God Bless!
And the one and only area where we might even be partly responsible for anything, or any of it, etc, is maybe only if we truly "believe that" or not maybe, etc...

So, you might then say, "Well, since we have been declared worthy, but were not actually worthy, then how are we to walk, etc...?"

And I would only just start or just only begin by saying to you, and to you all, etc, "Not at all ever, no not ever ever, by walking and/or conducting yourself in any kind of pride in and of our own selves at all ever", etc... Cause I don't think I even need to begin to tell how much God hates, absolutely hates/detests/spits on/tramples on/crushes people, who do or are guilty of "that", etc...

And then I would say to you that if you truly knew/know "The Truth", etc, then you should definitely know better, etc... And should know for 100% sure, and with 100% absolute certainty, that you have absolutely "no right" to ever do that ever, etc...

Otherwise I would seriously question if you really truly know "The Truth", etc, or whether you are truly walking in it, etc, or have even really begun to know truly anything concerning God at all ever, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,556.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Also what do mean by worthy

It was you who said:

Now I have to attempt an impossible task of being worthy.

What did you mean by it?
I read it as "now I have to do stuff to be considered worthy so that God will be able to/want to bless me." That is why I replied as I did - none of us is, or will ever become, worthy, good or deserving enough to merit God's blessings.

Maybe you meant "now that he has told me I am worthy, I need to live my life believing that it's true."
It was the words "I have to attempt a task " that led me to think that worthiness was something that you thought you could achieve.

I apologise if I have misunderstood.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maxwell511

Contributor
Jun 12, 2005
Utah County
✟16,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
It was you who said:

What did you mean by it?
I read it as "now I have to do stuff to be considered worthy so that God will be able to/want to bless me." That is why I replied as I did - none of us is, or will ever become, worthy, good or deserving enough to merit God's blessings.

Maybe you meant "now that he has told me I am worthy, I need to live my life believing that it's true."
It was the words "I have to attempt a task " that led me to think that worthiness was something that you thought you could achieve.

I apologise if I have misunderstood.

I guess what I what I am trying to say is what I was shown was what is necessary for Salvation through Works Alone and that is impossible. But I am working to have Faith in a different way.

Forgive me for not having the exact words yet and misunderstanding. I think our disagreement is largely on semantics.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,556.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I feel you are confusing the words worthy and sinless and using the same definition for both words. I can be wrong and they truly mean the same. I once blasphemed and thought God hated sinners but I notice that he accepts the Bad and the Good into Heaven as per Matthew 22. Although admittedly what is the nature of Wedding Clothes is confusing and ever changing for me.

No, God loves sinners; Jesus died for them Romans 5:8.
Matthew 22 does not say that both the good and the bad will get into heaven.
All through the NT it is made clear that there is a separation between those who accept Jesus and receive forgiveness and eternal life and those who don't. Otherwise there'd be no need to repent, receive a heart heart and follow Jesus.

One of our Ministers preached on this parable recently. He said that the Gospel is for everybody - because beggars and everyone else were invited to the feast - but that some sort of response is required. The response that is required of us is to accept Christ, to clothe ourselves in him and live in him. The NT says that when we accept Christ we take off our old nature and receive a new one - Jesus bore our sinful nature on the cross; when we receive him we receive his righteousness.

I.e (my understanding, not his words) that saying to ourselves "God loves me and has saved me. I'll just carry on doing what I am doing and living the life I want to lead and I will still make it to heaven because God loves me", is incorrect.

Upvote 0

Maxwell511

Contributor
Jun 12, 2005
Utah County
✟16,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
No, God loves sinners; Jesus died for them Romans 5:8.
Matthew 22 does not say that both the good and the bad will get into heaven.
All through the NT it is made clear that there is a separation between those who accept Jesus and receive forgiveness and eternal life and those who don't. Otherwise there'd be no need to repent, receive a heart heart and follow Jesus.

One of our Ministers preached on this parable recently. He said that the Gospel is for everybody - because beggars and everyone else were invited to the feast - but that some sort of response is required. The response that is required of us is to accept Christ, to clothe ourselves in him and live in him. The NT says that when we accept Christ we take off our old nature and receive a new one - Jesus bore our sinful nature on the cross; when we receive him we receive his righteousness.

I.e (my understanding, not his words) that saying to ourselves "God loves me and has saved me. I'll just carry on doing what I am doing and living the life I want to lead and I will still make it to heaven because God loves me", is incorrect.

I understand. I think. I am not saving I am saved. I have no clue. I think that is difference between Knowledge and Faith. All I know is I can to walk a certain path towards Jesus.

Upvote 0

Maxwell511

Contributor
Jun 12, 2005
Utah County
✟16,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I understand. I think. I am not saving I am saved. I have no clue. I think that is difference between Knowledge and Faith. All I know is I can to walk a certain path towards Jesus.

Please forgive me it has not been long since Pentecost. I am new and confused to this. I bring my family to Church every Sunday and read and reflect on what I "feel" I should from the Bible but I don't know much.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,556.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please forgive me it has not been long since Pentecost. I am new and confused to this. I bring my family to Church every Sunday and read and reflect on what I "feel" I should from the Bible but I don't know much.

No problem; you've done nothing wrong. :)
We are all learning - and please don't think that I am an expert and know everything about the Bible.
We grow together and learn from, and help, one another.
Bless you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,556.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You are saved from eternal separation from God; you will not be condemned for your sins because you trust that Jesus paid the price. You have eternal life and every spiritual blessing in Christ, Ephesians 1:3, now; you don't have to wait til after you die. :)

I guess some would say that we ARE all still being saved - the word salvation also means wholeness; we will not be perfectly whole, perfect or free from sin and illness until we die.
Personally I think of that as sanctification - being made into Jesus' likeness by the Holy Spirit, 2 Corinthians 3:18. But again, I could be wrong.

Upvote 0

Maxwell511

Contributor
Jun 12, 2005
Utah County
✟16,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
You are saved from eternal separation from God; you will not be condemned for your sins because you trust that Jesus paid the price. You have eternal life and every spiritual blessing in Christ, Ephesians 1:3, now; you don't have to wait til after you die. :)

I guess some would say that we ARE all still being saved - the word salvation also means wholeness; we will not be perfectly whole, perfect or free from sin and illness until we die.
Personally I think of that as sanctification - being made into Jesus' likeness by the Holy Spirit, 2 Corinthians 3:18. But again, I could be wrong.

Yes I feel that Salvation is a process not a moment if that makes sense. I know I get better everyday. And because I try but sometimes I have a bad day. Like shaking off all the demons. You can't get them all in a day. Neither Rome nor Jerusalem were built in day.

Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I am looking for spiritual help and guidance and answers to my questions. My request is for mature men and women of God only who have a true connection with Jesus Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit. This is spiritual "meat" I say this because what I have to say may require God to speak through you to answer. That's my only reason for saying this.

Let's get started. I was baptized with the Holy Spirit when the heavens opened up and the Holy Spirit came down as a dove into me. I saw the Holy Spirit face to face.

I did not grow up in a religious home. I found Jesus on my own without church.

I was 16 at the time, I am now 27 years old. I have seen Jesus Christ probably about 9 times since the age of 16.

The problem I am having right now is this... I havent seen him or been with him in the last probably 3 years. Did I fall into a curse? No. Did I go my own way into a world of sin? No.

Ok so its been 3 years. Whats the problem? My problem is is I only know how to have a relationship with God if we're together. I dont know anything else.

I feel like me and God are in this long distant relationship like hes in another state. I call his phone, he dont pick up. I send him text messages he dont reply. I write him letters and he doesnt write back. I felt like this for years and years. And I disnt give up but right now I feel like I'm about to give up.

I wish I could just be a normal Christian who is content with just prayer and reading the bible and going to church. And is happy with just "feeling" his presence and thats it. I tried so hard to be like that.

But I cant its like its not me or for me to live like that with God. And I hate that so much because I just wanna be happy with God.

Another thing is, dont get me wrong I am not a satanist or some new age person. I know very well the dangers in all those things. I understand spiritual warfare very well. I even seen Satan face to face. The beast himself. In full natural form. As unnatural as that sounds...

But riddle me this, why is it so dang easy to see demons? I'm not kidding give me 24 hours and I'll have a story to tell.

But seeing angels? Super hard.
Seeing Jesus? Super hard.
Seeing devils? Easy.

Why is this? I mean if God is so available. Why is it so difficult? Its funny hearing this from someone who seen God 9 times huh?

This is where i am. Please help me because I'm at a place where if i dont truly have God in my life. It's either i have him or i dont have him. No middle spot is open for me. I want him supernaturally not in any other way. I dont wanna read my bible alone, I want to be with him as he teaches me the bible. I dont want to pray alone and never hear from him. I want to pray and God speak back. I want a relationship that is alive. Not where i am the only one that is communicating with him in everyday. But hes not doing anything with me.
Following Jesus is not like walking down a rose garden path. You may find yourself in the wilderness, or suffer persecution and loss.
The health and prosperity gospel is very popular today, but it's not the gospel of Jesus Christ.

God does chastise His children, He does it for our own good and for His glory. It can be painful, but we don't suffer in vein as the heathen do.

Upvote 0

Confused-by-christianity

May 6, 2020
No location
✟116,531.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ok so its been 3 years. Whats the problem? My problem is is I only know how to have a relationship with God if we're together. I dont know anything else.
I feel the same often, but I think God wants me to learn how to have a relationship with him even when I can't physically see him. He is calling me out of my materialistic shell and into His spiritual world. (Note: That does not mean suicide !!). Maybe I am here working on my spiritual senses - that will give me more to see God with? The material world is the perfect place to exercise your spiritual muscles.???

Upvote 0

Johan_1988

Jun 17, 2019
Durban
✟30,451.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hi, first of all God is Spirit (John 4:24) so the way we worship,commune and communicate with God is through His Spirit. Your experience of God should not therefore depend on the feelings of the mind and the flesh, but we exprerience the fruit of the Spirit which is:
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

So you might be asking:"How do I experience these things?".Do the works of Christ. Let me explain with this sermon I put on facebook:

Often times we might feel that we are in a situation that is hopeless in our situation and feel victimised by life’s circumstances, but let me tell you this one thing. We cannot expect to experience God and all his blessings if we are not walking in the ways of Christ.

You might be saying to yourself :”I do good things. I give my tithe, read my bible, follow God’s laws , help people out sometimes, I fast.” That is all good and well until we find out how much we fall short of all the works of which Jesus Christ himself was walking in.

The Bible says:

Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Acts 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Isa 58:6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?

Isa 58:7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?

So Jesus set people free from the oppression of the devil ,healed them from all the damage and hurt that the devil had done so there is therefore greater meaning to fasting which most people think is only abstaining from food, but it’s far more than that. It’s doing the works Christ did.

Then the Bible says what will happen when we do these things:

Isa 58:8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy reward.

Isa 58:9 Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;

So you might be asking me, how do I do it? Of course there is helping the poor with material goods, but not merely that. Praying for the depressed, downcast and sick by breaking the power of the Devil in people’s lives. A bad physical condition or situation of a person is often undergirded by spiritual problems.

Be the light of Christ even if you feel down cast yourself and you will receive that blessing that you were looking for and be set free from every yoke. Some might not be in the position to do all these things, but whatever you can do, do and God will honor it.

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace. God bless you in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

I also pray that you are restored and healed in the name of Jesus Christ and that you will do the works of Christ so that you can feel His joy once more. Amen.

Upvote 0