Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Interesting, so it appears the sanctuary is measured. What do you think that means?

But the outer court is cast out and given to the nations and the holy city Jerusalem is trampled by the gentiles for 42 months.
Yes.
In fact I just found an old thread I created 12 yrs ago on that "court", [but it was closed because of inactivity, sigh].

I may create a new one when I have time.....

https://www.christianforums.com/threads/court-of-revelation-outside-the-sanctuary.3157036/
Court of Revelation Outside the Sanctuary

Jule 13, 2006

After translating a lot of revelation from a greek/english interlinear and multi translations, I would like to get a view from others on what the court in revelation 11:2 is representing. Please, no cut and past commentaries, as I want your OWN views on this. Thanks.:wave:

John isn't measuring the Temple [#2411] complex, just the Sanctuary.

The court of the Priest was just outside the Sanctuary. This court is shown "Cast out outside" of the Temple.

Matthew 26:3 Then the chief priests, the scribes, and the elders of the people assembled at the palace [#833] of the high priest, who was called Caiaphas, Matthew 8:12 "But the sons [#5207] of the kingdom [#932] shall be being "cast out" [#1544] into outer [#1857] darkness.

Mark 15:38 and the veil of the sanctuary [#3485] was rent in two, from top to bottom,

Revelation 11:1:And given to me a reed like unto [a] staff saying: Be Ye Arousing! and Measure Ye! the Sanctuary/Naos [#3485] of the God, and the Altar and the Ones worshipping in it
2 And the Court [#833], the one without?[#2081] the Sanctuary/Naos [#3485] be Casting- Out! [#1544] Out-side [#1854] and ye should not be measuring it/her, because it/she was given to the nations/gentiles, and the city, the holy, they shall be treading [#3961] for 40 and 2 months.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe when my earthly tent dies, I will have a heavenly dwelling. I believe that is the resurrection.

Do you believe the event described below has already happened?

Joh 5:27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
Joh 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
Joh 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
Joh 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Joh 5:27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
Joh 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
Joh 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
Joh 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

What does that have to do with the topic of Matt 24:20?

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What does that have to do with the topic of Matt 24:20?

Good question.
Somebody else linked the resurrection to that passage.
I was not me.
I hope he is not headed toward Full Preterism...

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Since I believe the great tribulation leading up to the temples destruction happened to Daniels people from 66ad-70ad, and that the great tribulation and resurrection occur over a 42 month period according to Daniel , then logically I would have to believe the resurrection of just and unjust occurred around 70 ad.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Isaiah 66:23 is a reference to periods of time, instead of worship days, based on Colossians 2:16-17.

Are you keeping the Sabbath of the Mosaic Covenant?

Do you think the New Covenant and the Old Covenant found in 2 Corinthians 3:6-8, and Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 12:18-24, are the same?

The new covenant has done away with the Levitical, sacrificial laws---for Jesus is now our High Priest and Lamb. That is all that was done away with. Nowhere in scripture will you find that the Sabbath has been changed to any other day--Jesus never once mentioned it, not even after His resurrection. Isaiah is plainly talking about what the new earth will be. It is still from Sabbath to Sabbath and New moon to new moon. There is still going to be a sun and moon in the new earth, In Rev it says there will be no need of them for light, for Jesus is our light. The sun provides more than light for it is warmth and affects the growth of plants and other planetary factors. Besides, why is it thst it is only the 4th commandment thst anybody is upset over. Not one says it is OK to not do any of the other commandments, just this one. The one that says, remember, the one that says God is our creator, the one that says God made everything in 6 days.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
..... Besides, why is it thst it is only the 4th commandment thst anybody is upset over. Not one says it is OK to not do any of the other commandments, just this one. The one that says, remember, the one that says God is our creator, the one that says God made everything in 6 days.
Here in God's country of Texas, us southern Christian rednecks have our own version of the 10 Commandments:

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The new covenant has done away with the Levitical, sacrificial laws---for Jesus is now our High Priest and Lamb. That is all that was done away with. Nowhere in scripture will you find that the Sabbath has been changed to any other day--Jesus never once mentioned it, not even after His resurrection. Isaiah is plainly talking about what the new earth will be. It is still from Sabbath to Sabbath and New moon to new moon. There is still going to be a sun and moon in the new earth, In Rev it says there will be no need of them for light, for Jesus is our light. The sun provides more than light for it is warmth and affects the growth of plants and other planetary factors. Besides, why is it thst it is only the 4th commandment thst anybody is upset over. Not one says it is OK to not do any of the other commandments, just this one. The one that says, remember, the one that says God is our creator, the one that says God made everything in 6 days.

2Co 3:6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
2Co 3:7 But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away,
2Co 3:8 how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious?

Gal 4:24 which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar
Gal 4:25 for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children—
Gal 4:26 but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all.
Gal 4:27 For it is written: "REJOICE, O BARREN, YOU WHO DO NOT BEAR! BREAK FORTH AND SHOUT, YOU WHO ARE NOT IN LABOR! FOR THE DESOLATE HAS MANY MORE CHILDREN THAN SHE WHO HAS A HUSBAND."
Gal 4:28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise.
Gal 4:29 But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now.
Gal 4:30 Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? "CAST OUT THE BONDWOMAN AND HER SON, FOR THE SON OF THE BONDWOMAN SHALL NOT BE HEIR WITH THE SON OF THE FREEWOMAN."
Gal 4:31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free.

Heb 8:13 In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Heb 12:18 For you have not come to the mountain that may be touched and that burned with fire, and to blackness and darkness and tempest,
Heb 12:19 and the sound of a trumpet and the voice of words, so that those who heard it begged that the word should not be spoken to them anymore.
Heb 12:20 (For they could not endure what was commanded: "AND IF SO MUCH AS A BEAST TOUCHES THE MOUNTAIN, IT SHALL BE STONED OR SHOT WITH AN ARROW."
Heb 12:21 And so terrifying was the sight that Moses said, "I AM EXCEEDINGLY AFRAID AND TREMBLING.")
Heb 12:22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

In the passages above we find a contrast between the Sinai Covenant and the New Covenant of Christ.
The only way you can make your doctrine work is by ignoring those passages.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
then logically I would have to believe the resurrection of just and unjust occurred around 70 ad.

Can you give any evidence that the passage found below was fulfilled by 70 AD?

Joh 5:27 and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.
Joh 5:28 Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice
Joh 5:29 and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.
Joh 5:30 I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
2Co 3:6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
2Co 3:7 But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away,
2Co 3:8 how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious?

Gal 4:24 which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar
Gal 4:25 for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children—
Gal 4:26 but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all.
Gal 4:27 For it is written: "REJOICE, O BARREN, YOU WHO DO NOT BEAR! BREAK FORTH AND SHOUT, YOU WHO ARE NOT IN LABOR! FOR THE DESOLATE HAS MANY MORE CHILDREN THAN SHE WHO HAS A HUSBAND."
Gal 4:28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise.
Gal 4:29 But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now.
Gal 4:30 Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? "CAST OUT THE BONDWOMAN AND HER SON, FOR THE SON OF THE BONDWOMAN SHALL NOT BE HEIR WITH THE SON OF THE FREEWOMAN."
Gal 4:31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free.

Heb 8:13 In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Heb 12:18 For you have not come to the mountain that may be touched and that burned with fire, and to blackness and darkness and tempest,
Heb 12:19 and the sound of a trumpet and the voice of words, so that those who heard it begged that the word should not be spoken to them anymore.
Heb 12:20 (For they could not endure what was commanded: "AND IF SO MUCH AS A BEAST TOUCHES THE MOUNTAIN, IT SHALL BE STONED OR SHOT WITH AN ARROW."
Heb 12:21 And so terrifying was the sight that Moses said, "I AM EXCEEDINGLY AFRAID AND TREMBLING.")
Heb 12:22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

In the passages above we find a contrast between the Sinai Covenant and the New Covenant of Christ.
The only way you can make your doctrine work is by ignoring those passages.

There is absolutely no need to ignore those passages!!! They verify---the law of the Levitical ceremonies are dead---it is a new covenant that God has made without the need for animal sacrifices. Those sacrifices are no longer needed, He is our Sacrificial Lamb and our High Priest. This new covenant was prophesied by Jeremiah--
Jer_31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Again, name anywhere in the bible that says if you are an unrepentant sinner, you will be with Jesus? If You steal, lie, commit adultery, any of those other 9, will you still be able to enter into the New Jerusalem? But everyone claims it is ok to ignore the 4th---why is it just the 4th???? Nobody wants to tell me why is it just the 4th that is ok to ignore and change to suit ourselves??? If it can apply to the 4th, it can apply to all.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since I believe the great tribulation leading up to the temples destruction happened to Daniels people from 66ad-70ad, and that the great tribulation and resurrection occur over a 42 month period according to Daniel , then logically I would have to believe the resurrection of just and unjust occurred around 70 ad.

That would be the logical conclusion if that is the case. Yet nothing logical about the conclusion though. What it reveals is that something is badly amiss per that interpretation, since it is causing obvious contradictions when interpreting it like that. Just figure out where the resurrection of the just and unjust logically fits first, then from there determine where the great trib has to logically fit. If you do it the other way around though, all that does is lead to nonsensical conclusions full of contradictions.

Since the resurrection has to undeniably fit at the end of this age, it shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out where the great trib has to fit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you give any evidence that the passage found below was fulfilled by 70 AD?

Joh 5:27 and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.
Joh 5:28 Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice
Joh 5:29 and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.
Joh 5:30 I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.

Can I give evidence that the dead go to heaven or hell?

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What it reveals is that something is badly amiss per that interpretation, since it is causing obvious contradictions when interpreting it like that.

What Specific contradictions?

Just figure out where the resurrection of the just and unjust logically fits first, then from there determine where the great trib has to logically fit. If you do it the other way around though, all that does is lead to nonsensical conclusions full of contradictions.

According to Daniel 12, the great tribulation and resurrection are completed at a time, times, and half a time (42 months). So we should expect the great tribulation and resurrection in Matthew 24 to also be completed at 42 months.
The question becomes is The olivet discourse directed at a 1st century audience or is not?

Since the resurrection has to undeniably fit at the end of this age, it shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out where the great trib has to fit.

I agree. But we see that in the epistles of paul, John, peter, and James, they all believed they were living in the last times, at the end of the age and that the end of all things was at hand

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There is absolutely no need to ignore those passages!!! They verify---the law of the Levitical ceremonies are dead---it is a new covenant that God has made without the need for animal sacrifices. Those sacrifices are no longer needed, He is our Sacrificial Lamb and our High Priest. This new covenant was prophesied by Jeremiah--
Jer_31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Again, name anywhere in the bible that says if you are an unrepentant sinner, you will be with Jesus? If You steal, lie, commit adultery, any of those other 9, will you still be able to enter into the New Jerusalem? But everyone claims it is ok to ignore the 4th---why is it just the 4th???? Nobody wants to tell me why is it just the 4th that is ok to ignore and change to suit ourselves??? If it can apply to the 4th, it can apply to all.
I ignore the whole ten not just the fourth.

What has triggered this preoccupation with the fourth written law?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I ignore the whole ten not just the fourth.

What has triggered this preoccupation with the fourth written law?

That is what I have been asking. It is very rare for anyione to say they ignore the whole 10 commandments,
Joh_14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
1Jn_2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
1Jn_2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1Jn_3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
1Jn_3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.
1Jn_5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
1Jn_5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
2Jn_1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.
Rev_12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Rev_14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
Rev_22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

You think yo0u can enter into fellowship with God for eternity and break any of His commandments without repenting? You ignore the one to murder and murder and not repent----you really think you can enter into His presence??!!!

Keeping them will not save you---breaking them, will keep you out. It is that simple. We keep them out of love for God---not in order to be saved.

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That is what I have been asking. It is very rare for anyione to say they ignore the whole 10 commandments,
Joh_14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
1Jn_2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
1Jn_2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1Jn_3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
1Jn_3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.
1Jn_5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
1Jn_5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
2Jn_1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.
Rev_12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Rev_14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
Rev_22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

You think yo0u can enter into fellowship with God for eternity and break any of His commandments without repenting? You ignore the one to murder and murder and not repent----you really think you can enter into His presence??!!!

Keeping them will not save you---breaking them, will keep you out. It is that simple. We keep them out of love for God---not in order to be saved.

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Are you claiming that you have no sin?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Are you claiming that you have no sin?

where did you get that idea??
1Jn 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
1Jn 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

I am a forgiven sinner.
1Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Dan 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

I’m trying to wrap my head around how the great tribulation and resurrection occur within a 42 month period in Daniel 12, but the great tribulation and resurrection occur 2000+ years apart in Matthew 24, considering Matthew 24 and Daniel 12 are about the same event.

I'm still pondering this myself, but what's making sense in my mind is that this verse -below- is also relevant to this (except this passage only mentions "the saints"). My eschatological view is the "already inaugurated but not yet consummated" belief. Ray Vander Laan mentions in one of his videos that when these bodies were resurrected, it happened during the Feast of First Fruits (and these resurections may have represented a portion of what is yet to come):

Matthew 27:52 ~ The tombs also were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised.

From this blog post ~ https://leviticalfulfillment.wordpr...filled-the-feasts-of-israel-during-holy-week/ :

Now one of the amazing signs that occurred when Jesus died—besides the earthquake and ripping of the veil in the Temple—was that holy people who had died were resurrected from the dead (Matt. 27:52-53). But then the Scriptures say something that, when you think about it, seems kind of strange. If it had happened to you, don’t you think you’d have run home and told everybody about it? Instead, those who had been resurrected remained hidden. They did not immediately present themselves in the holy city, Jerusalem; rather, they waited until Jesus rose from the dead. Why? In order that Jesus, the High Priest, could present them to the Father as a firstfruits offering after He had risen from the dead and in order to fulfill the Feast of Firstfruits on the 18th of Nisan, just after the weekly Sabbath (Lev. 23:9-14). More on that will follow.

Jesus was buried just before sundown at the end of the day, Nisan 14th, just before the “dawning” of the new day, the special Sabbath of Unleavened Bread, Nisan 15. Since Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath, He entered Jerusalem as King on a Sabbath and then would be raised from the dead in victory on the Sabbath, in 3 days (72 hours), just as He said He would. Jesus fulfilled the sign of Jonah! In 1 Corinthians 15:3, we read: “For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures.”

According to what Scriptures? The only Scripture they had at the time was the Old Testament! Jesus fulfilled Jonah 1:17, among other Scriptures.

Jesus rose at the very end of the weekly Sabbath, Nisan 17, “just before dawn.” Are there any other proofs of the double Sabbaths? Yes, in Matthew 28, we read: “After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.” However, the word for Sabbath in this passage in Greek is a plural noun! The Greek for the word “Sabbath” is Sabbaton, which is actually a neuter plural noun. Most translators, not familiar with the Jewish Feasts, and thinking of the traditional Friday death and Sunday morning resurrection, translate it as singular. But when we look in Zondervan’s Parallel New Testament in Greek and English or in the NASB Interlinear Greek-English New Testament, we see that it is a plural noun: Sabbaths.

In Young’s Literal Translation we read:
28:1 And on the eve of the sabbaths, at the dawn, toward the first of the sabbaths, came Mary the Magdalene, and the other Mary, to see the sepulcher.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm still pondering this myself, but what's making sense in my mind is that this verse -below- is also relevant to this (except this passage only mentions "the saints"). My eschatological view is the "already inaugurated but not yet consummated" belief. Ray Vander Laan mentions in one of his videos that when these bodies were resurrected, it happened during the Feast of First Fruits (and these resurections may have represented a portion of what is yet to come):

Matthew 27:52 ~ The tombs also were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised.

From this blog post ~ https://leviticalfulfillment.wordpr...filled-the-feasts-of-israel-during-holy-week/ :

Now one of the amazing signs that occurred when Jesus died—besides the earthquake and ripping of the veil in the Temple—was that holy people who had died were resurrected from the dead (Matt. 27:52-53). But then the Scriptures say something that, when you think about it, seems kind of strange. If it had happened to you, don’t you think you’d have run home and told everybody about it? Instead, those who had been resurrected remained hidden. They did not immediately present themselves in the holy city, Jerusalem; rather, they waited until Jesus rose from the dead. Why? In order that Jesus, the High Priest, could present them to the Father as a firstfruits offering after He had risen from the dead and in order to fulfill the Feast of Firstfruits on the 18th of Nisan, just after the weekly Sabbath (Lev. 23:9-14). More on that will follow.

Jesus was buried just before sundown at the end of the day, Nisan 14th, just before the “dawning” of the new day, the special Sabbath of Unleavened Bread, Nisan 15. Since Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath, He entered Jerusalem as King on a Sabbath and then would be raised from the dead in victory on the Sabbath, in 3 days (72 hours), just as He said He would. Jesus fulfilled the sign of Jonah! In 1 Corinthians 15:3, we read: “For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures.”

According to what Scriptures? The only Scripture they had at the time was the Old Testament! Jesus fulfilled Jonah 1:17, among other Scriptures.

Jesus rose at the very end of the weekly Sabbath, Nisan 17, “just before dawn.” Are there any other proofs of the double Sabbaths? Yes, in Matthew 28, we read: “After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.” However, the word for Sabbath in this passage in Greek is a plural noun! The Greek for the word “Sabbath” is Sabbaton, which is actually a neuter plural noun. Most translators, not familiar with the Jewish Feasts, and thinking of the traditional Friday death and Sunday morning resurrection, translate it as singular. But when we look in Zondervan’s Parallel New Testament in Greek and English or in the NASB Interlinear Greek-English New Testament, we see that it is a plural noun: Sabbaths.

In Young’s Literal Translation we read:
28:1 And on the eve of the sabbaths, at the dawn, toward the first of the sabbaths, came Mary the Magdalene, and the other Mary, to see the sepulcher.

The saints that came out of their graves did not resurrect before Christ did though, if that's what you are trying to say here.

Matthew 27:50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.
54 Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.
55 And many women were there beholding afar off, which followed Jesus from Galilee, ministering unto him:
56 Among which was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedee's children.

When verse 50 and 51 occurred, in verse 52 this occurred at that time as well----And the graves were opened

After Christ intially rose, then this part in verse 52 and 53 was fulfilled----and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

The text clearly says they came out of the graves after His resurrection, His resurrection meaning Christ's. Christ did not resurrect the same day He died, so neither did the saints which slept rise the same day Christ died either. We have to keep in mind that a lot of times Scriptures are compressed, and what might appear on the surface to have taken place at the same time really didn't take place at the same time at all.

Speaking of compressed Scriptures, here's an example of one.

John 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

On the surface it seems like these two resurrections happen at the same time, or at least close to the same time. But Revelation 20 shows this is not the case. The first resurrection is meaning unto the resurrection of life.When the rest of the dead live not again until the thousand years are finished, this is referring to the resurrection of damnation, and that Revelation 20 indicates there is a thousand years separating both events.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0