Mathematical accuracy of the Bible, why Genesis is more than a little believable!

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there!

This video will test your godliness (your patience) but it is an astounding and not to be missed documentary of the truth of the words of the Bible.

It will literally blow your mind (for approx 1 hr)!

If the words of the Bible are that accurate, who can doubt God is behind something in this life - let alone being behind almost everything in this life?!

• Useful
Reactions: Tone

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hi there!

This video will test your godliness (your patience) but it is an astounding and not to be missed documentary of the truth of the words of the Bible.

If the words of the Bible are that accurate, who can doubt God is behind something in this life - let alone being behind almost everything in this life?!

Can we get the Executive Summary?

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Hi there!

Okay, I'm watching it now, but I can already tell that I'm gonna link this thread to Linguistic Apologetics hope you don't mind. Thanks!

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,130.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I highly recommend to set the speed of the video to 1.75 at least, its unbelievable slow and repetitive.

The core of the movie is, that Hebrew is a holy/inspired language (being proved on few selected words on which it works), its not about the Bible at all. They took some few Hebrew words and did some mathematical magic to get something "interesting" comparing it to some NASA data.

Its not about accuracy of Genesis, its more a proof that if you dig and try to look for something, you will eventually get some correlations.

Correlation - a way to get a statistical relationship (causal or not) between random variables:
1024px-Correlation_range_dependence.svg.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Hi there!

I've made it about halfway through so far and it is very interesting. I would like to get the breakdown of the English gematria he uses.

Its not about accuracy of Genesis, its more a proof that if you dig and try to look for something, you will eventually get some correlations.

Some highly improbable correlations...especially considering the correlation between the Hebrew and English gematrias, with the NASA data. He is proving manifold correlations that are statistically, pretty much, impossible. I think people should decide for themselves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,130.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some highly improbable correlations...especially considering the correlation between the Hebrew and English gematrias, with the NASA data. He is proving manifold correlations that are statistically, pretty much, impossible. I think people should decide for themselves.

Because these words and data are selected to match. Logically, the probability is low, being selected randomly. But these are selected by a man because they "match" (actually, do not).

Do it with a random sample of words, for example cat, beetle, star, satan.

Statistics is a science very prone to human influence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Because these words and data are selected to match. Logically, the probability is low, being selected randomly. But these are selected by a man because they "match" (actually, do not).

Statistics is a science very prone to human influence.

He pretty much covers the words that deal with physics...what other words would you want to run through for correlation?

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,130.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He pretty much covers the words that deal with physics...what other words would you want to run through for correlation?
Any other words that deal with biology, society, whatever.

Your question has 18 spaces between words. 18 is an age of being adult.

What is the probabilty for your question to have exactly 18 spaces? Of course, very small. What does it prove? Nothing. :) Its just a correlation.

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

In other words, yeah, Greek was used in the past despite lending some ambiguity to the message, but thankfully we can take it back to the Hebrew for greater understanding, especially with the tools available today.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,130.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In other words, yeah, Greek was used in the past despite lending some ambiguity to the message, but thankfully we can take it back to the Hebrew for greater understanding, especially with the tools available today.
Ancient Hebrew is much more ambiguous than Greek... Greeks, being advanced in philosophy and mathematics, had to create many words for details and nuances.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Any other words that deal with biology, society, whatever.

Your question has 18 spaces between words. 18 is an age of being adult.

What is the probabilty for your question to have exactly 18 spaces? Of course, very small. What does it prove? Nothing. :) Its just a correlation.

Okay, that's unifold, now add some dimension to it and watch the probability decrease exponentially. :idea1:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,130.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay, that's unifold, now add some dimension to it and watch the probability decrease exponentially. :idea1:
I would need to spend months and years to select "the right" sample to make it to the level of the video. But because I know its just correlations and statistics, I know this effort is useless and proving nothing :)

I just gave an example to demonstrate the core of how such "wow" probabilities work. You can "prove" anything you want to people who do not understand what a correlation is and who do not know that you preselected the right set of values that match.

• Friendly
Reactions: bhillyard
Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Ancient Hebrew is much more ambiguous than Greek... Greeks, being advanced in philosophy and mathematics, had to create many words for details and nuances.

Hebrew is concrete, Greek is abstract.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,130.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hebrew is concrete, Greek is abstract.
Yes, languages of primitive nations are practical, specific... take this tool, dig this hole, build the house, eat three apples...

Languages of scientific nations are much more abstract. Logos, atoms etc. German language has more words than some tribal African language, of course. It is also more abstract to express various concepts.

• Agree
Reactions: trulytheone
Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I would need to spend months and years to select "the right" sample to make it to the level of the video. But because I know its just correlations and statistics, I know this effort is useless and proving nothing :)

I just gave an example to demonstrate the core of how such "wow" probabilities work. You can "prove" anything you want to people who do not understand what a correlation is and who do not know that you preselected the right set of values that match.

Well, in the video, it correlates on more than one level, convincingly, to me.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Yes, languages of primitive nations are practical, specific... tak this tool, dig this hole, build the house...

Languages of scientific nations are much more abstract. Logos, atoms etc.

Abstraction...ambiguity...do you see the correlation?

Upvote 0