Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I left the forum for years because of the ignorance and hate I received from brothers and sisters in Christ. It's good to come back and see that different people are repeating the same lies.

I am a Christian and a Freemason. Your approval is not required.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,724.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I left the forum for years because of the ignorance and hate I received from brothers and sisters in Christ. It's good to come back and see that different people are repeating the same lies.

I am a Christian and a Freemason. Your approval is not required.

Still, we should grapple with the ideas many churches have of Masonry. Some will not bury a Brother Mason because of their false beliefs.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well, there is not much that can be done about that, unfortunately.

Incidentally, in the matter of which churches have formally opposed Masonry and which have instead determined that there is no reason to follow along, it is astonishing how shabby and/or shallow the investigating that was done by the first group prior to making their decision actually was.

Of course, most of that investigating consisted only of reacting to something that someone else had written about Masonry and never included any input from living, breathing Masons or anyone else who might have first-hand information. (!)

Upvote 0

americanvet

Saved Sinner
Jun 15, 2012
The White Couch of Pristinia
✟20,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Still, we should grapple with the ideas many churches have of Masonry. Some will not bury a Brother Mason because of their false beliefs.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

They will be judged for bearing false witness by the same God they claim we dishonor. Christ came for the sick and those whose health blinds them I shall not try to convince. However, I will continue to love them even while they curse me, doubt me, and damn me.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I know you wanted the opinion of Baptists. I'm a former Baptist, does that count? I'll just say that Orthodox Christians are all told to stay away from Masonic anything, and to leave if they have joined out of ignorance. It has all the trappings of a mystery-religion. And, to be perfectly blunt, Masons that complain that Christians misunderstand them have no ground, because they could easily dispel any and all notions to the contrary. However, they do not because they're all about keeping their oaths and secrets. That right there tells us what is really important to the individuals in question. Why anyone would have to join something first in order to find out what it's all about makes no sense, anyway.

• Informative
Reactions: JM
Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,724.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I know you wanted the opinion of Baptists. I'm a former Baptist, does that count? I'll just say that Orthodox Christians are all told to stay away from Masonic anything, and to leave if they have joined out of ignorance. It has all the trappings of a mystery-religion. And, to be perfectly blunt, Masons that complain that Christians misunderstand them have no ground, because they could easily dispel any and all notions to the contrary. However, they do not because they're all about keeping their oaths and secrets. That right there tells us what is really important to the individuals in question. Why anyone would have to join something first in order to find out what it's all about makes no sense, anyway.

Thank you for the reply. Is this just the Greek jurisdiction or all Orthodox jurisdictions?

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for the reply. Is this just the Greek jurisdiction or all Orthodox jurisdictions?
The Greeks for certain and also ROCOR (and the OCA affirmed the statement of the Church of Greece). However, the anti-Masonry stance is fairly universal. Yes, there are tales of some here and there joining (we know one guy at our parish that is a Mason), but it is not approved in the least.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,724.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
The Greeks for certain and also ROCOR (and the OCA affirmed the statement of the Church of Greece). However, the anti-Masonry stance is fairly universal. Yes, there are tales of some here and there joining (we know one guy at our parish that is a Mason), but it is not approved in the least.

I dunno, it's all pretty benign, and that's me telling you from the inside. It's more like Rotary Club or the Moose/Elk Lodge. It seems like a superstition based on lack of information than anything based on substance.

If my view changes I will post saying so.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Upvote 0

americanvet

Saved Sinner
Jun 15, 2012
✟20,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

You mean like writing entire books on the topic?

https://www.amazon.com/Workmen-Unas...508804008&sr=8-1&keywords=Christopher+Haffner
https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Idi...keywords=complete+idiots+guide+to+freemasonry
https://www.amazon.com/Born-Blood-L...&qid=1508804075&sr=1-1&keywords=born+in+blood
https://www.amazon.com/Freemasons-D...804093&sr=1-1&keywords=freemasons+for+dummies
https://www.amazon.com/About-Freema...ds=is+it+true+what+they+say+about+freemasonry
https://www.amazon.com/Pilgrims-Pat...id=1508804142&sr=1-1&keywords=a+pilgrims+path

Or like having websites dedicated to the topic?

Masonic Service Association of North America
Anti-Masonry: Points of View
United Grand Lodge of England - Frequently Asked Questions

Or do you mean like myself and other Masons have done repeatedly on this site? (just a few linked)

https://www.christianforums.com/threads/the-mormon-church-and-freemasonry.7992756/
https://www.christianforums.com/threads/freemasonry.7736710/
https://www.christianforums.com/threads/the-masonic-concept-of-god.7821965/
https://www.christianforums.com/threads/do-masons-build.7797899/
https://www.christianforums.com/threads/freemasonry-separating-myth-from-fiction.7770899/
https://www.christianforums.com/threads/free-masons.7745730/

• Winner
Reactions: Jane_Doe
Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi, "now faith."

It's been awhile since you wrote your post and Ive been away from the forum for much of the time, so my apologies for the delay, but I owe you my reply. Yes, Christ is mentioned all the time and Masonic ritual leans heavily on the Bible.

What you are referring to as a rule of a lack of affiliation does not exist. I know the churches that most of my brothers attend, and Masonry encourages members to be active in them, in fact, in whatever denomination is theirs. The rule is that all members must be believers in one God and that the human soul is immortal.

If you are a Baptist or an Episcopalian or even a Catholic (the church formally opposes Masonry, as you probably know), it is all the same to the lodge, and I know Masons who belong to all of these plus, of course, other examples that might be mentioned too.

There is no Masonic god and there is no effort to have members agree that all religions are equally good, or anything like that, although there are many people who have heard gossip that says Masons believe in both of those things. It is not so.

Thanks for asking your questions.
I never knew you were a Mason. However, things that have perplexed me regarding certain things you've posted make sense in light of that information. I think that your Christianity is very influenced by your Masonry.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

americanvet

Saved Sinner
Jun 15, 2012
✟20,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
^None of which truly delve into the particulars of Masonry. They are attempts at refuting those that are against Masonry without breaking their 'sacred oaths'- which honestly can't be done if they're not being completely forthcoming.

And the lies keep on coming. Hard to believe a Christian can be so dishonest.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And the lies keep on coming. Hard to believe a Christian can be so dishonest.
Why do you so vehemently defend your mystery-religion over the Christian faith? When you have both Catholics and Orthodox as well as many Evangelicals and Protestants agreeing that one must be either a Christian or a Mason- that one cannot be both- then you need to pay attention.

Upvote 0

americanvet

Saved Sinner
Jun 15, 2012
✟20,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Why do you so vehemently defend your mystery-religion over the Christian faith? When you have both Catholics and Orthodox as well as many Evangelicals and Protestants agreeing that one must be either a Christian or a Mason- that one cannot be both- then you need to pay attention.

Why do you so vehemently defend your lack of understanding over the Christian faith? When you have both Catholics and Orthodox as well as many Evangelicals and Protestants agreeing that one can be both a Christian or a Mason- that one can be both- then you need to pay attention.

See how this works both ways?

The reason I defend it is because as a follow of Christ I believe in truth. The truth is there is no conflict between Christianity and Freemasonry.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Why do you so vehemently defend your lack of understanding over the Christian faith? When you have both Catholics and Orthodox as well as many Evangelicals and Protestants agreeing that one can be both a Christian or a Mason- that one can be both- then you need to pay attention.

See how this works both ways?

The reason I defend it is because as a follow of Christ I believe in truth. The truth is there is no conflict between Christianity and Freemasonry.
Serious question. After your profession of faith, when you were told, 'Your trust is in God, your faith is well founded'-is that the same response that would also be given to a Jew, Muslim, or Deist (you know- those that deny Christ)?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

americanvet

Saved Sinner
Jun 15, 2012
✟20,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Serious question. After your profession of faith, when you were told, 'Your trust is in God, your faith is well founded'-is that the same response that would also be given to a Jew, Muslim, or Deist (you know- those that deny Christ)?

100%

Upvote 0

americanvet

Saved Sinner
Jun 15, 2012
✟20,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yet you align yourself to those that believe that even those that deny Christ follow the same God as Christians?

Don't remember saying non-Christians follow the same God as Christians.

Upvote 0

americanvet

Saved Sinner
Jun 15, 2012
✟20,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Cognitive dissonance

Nope. Allow me clarify since you lack the integrity to admit you were wrong.

I never said non-Christians and Christians worship the same God. I pray Christ will show you mercy for bearing false witness against fellow Christians.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.