• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Making America Great Again

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by April_Rose, Sep 27, 2020.

1. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+11,367
    Atheist
    Private
    I also recently read that MAGA is a call to return to a time when women couldn't vote. Given how Donald's polling among them, I guess I can see the reasoning but still, that's going to be a hard sell.

2. 98cwitr

98cwitr Lord forgive me Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

+2,791
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Totally with you on term limits. :thumbsup:

3. 98cwitr

+2,791
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Constitution
    You are absolutely correct and thank you for the correction. 1919 had stuck in my mind for the 18th. Edited my post for accuracy. The GOP did have solid support for it so they could build the military, no different than now.

4. JustOneWay

JustOneWay :)

+6,187
    Lutheran
    Private
    Make America great again, is a lie. America was never great.

5. 98cwitr

+2,791
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Such a rude comment. :(

6. Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,006
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Seems that the corrupt politicians have all the money :oops:

7. 98cwitr

+2,791
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Constitution
    At least the power over it...and wanting to take more. At what percentage rate would we need to be taxed in order to be considered state owned slaves? Some folks would say 100%, and I get that logic. My number is 51%, as if someone (or something else) owns half of my labor and the fruits thereof, then the majority of me is owned by them. Hey, slaves got free healthcare, housing, and food...sounds really familiar in 2020 too.

8. Heart2Soul

+1,006
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Do you trust our Father to accomplish what must be done to fulfill His prophesies?
    Sister, give no thought for tomorrow, just focus on today and seek His Will in all matters that concern you.
    Let His Peace that surpasses all understanding guard your heart and soul.
    Scripture says that He appoints the leaders of the world....does it not? And that we are to continually pray for them.
    Nothing, absolutely nothing, in this world has happened by mistake. It all falls right into place at the right time.
    Just keep your eyes on Jesus...He will take care of you regardless what is happening now.

9. Heart2Soul

+1,006
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    It sure does, huh. Well we are all slaves to Satan's devices if we allow it....it's just hard to recognize when it's his handywork at play sometimes.

10. Pommer

Pommer Autodidact polymath

+3,772
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Are you joking about slavery?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  11. JustOneWay

+6,187
    Lutheran
    Private
    Tell that to all the dead native Americans who were wiped out and their land taken and black families brought here as slaves, and still treated like second-class citizens today. Tell that to all those people lynched in America for being a certain color. Tell that to the 70,000 Japanese who America vaporized with a few nuclear bombs.

Great times..... feeling the love.

12. 98cwitr

+2,791
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Constitution
    No. I'm being quite frank, actually.

13. 98cwitr

+2,791
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Waring tribes and Indians didn't believe in private property as it wasn't technically a part of their culture; so I don't know what you mean by "their land."

Again, sold into slavery by other warring tribes. Frame things in a historically accurate context please.

I find this argument completely baseless, especially with affirmative action laws.

Way more nuanced than that, but every nation has checkered pasts. No need to condemn the descendants for the sins of their forefathers, right? Lynchings without a trial were quite unAmerican and tragic and I'll stand with you there.

Are we to have the "who killed more civilians" debate? That could go on for quite some time, but I feel we could learn a lot

Take the good with the bad. Life's more loving that way. America is awesome, and in the context of other nations and nations of the past, we are absolutely and without a doubt the best country on earth, and might be until Christ's return.

14. Heart2Soul

+1,006
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Why do you attempt to push condemnation on a generation that didn't have anything to do with WWII? Can anyone change the past? Can anyone become unborn in the country their parents lived at the time? Oppression is of the devil and Jesus has set us free of captivity and oppression.
    IMHO if everyone would quit letting the past determine their present and would choose to make a positive contribution to be part of the solution instead of the problem then we could enjoy living peaceably with our neighbors.
    But this won't happen because the spirit of anger and strife will never stop stirring the pot....so to speak. Sigh...

15. Pommer

Pommer Autodidact polymath

+3,772
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Oh.
    Wow, then.

16. Heart2Soul

+1,006
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    America is a great country....that is why so many people of other nations seek asylum here. They have no freedoms to live their life according to their faith and convictions....America.continues to fight for the inhumane treatment of citizens of other nations. Many of the wars are fought because of the suffering of innocent people who live under a dictatorship....leaders killing their own people because they refuse to support their government.
    Syria was attacked because of the leader killing civilians with chemicals.
    America came to their defense.
    So while you might believe America has never been great...tell that to the millions of civilians whose lives were saved because America intervened.
    And fyi....my family and millions of others family members fought and died for a people they never knew. Respect their sacrifice for the sake of another's right to be free of tyranny.

17. Akita Suggagaki

Akita Suggagaki Well-Known Member

+2,042
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    We cannot pretend the past did not happen even as its effects exist in the present.

18. Heart2Soul

+1,006
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    America is such a young country compared to the rest of the world and continues to grow in a positive direction. Making amendments and passing legislation to protect the wrongs of the past.
    In 2076 we will be 300 years old...the youngest country in the world....still have many things to work on.
    But by God's Grace we will overcome!

19. JustOneWay

+6,187
    Lutheran
    Private
    You are missing the point of the discussion. The question presented is how to Make America Great AGAIN. In order to make it great AGAIN, it would have had to be great at some point in the past. The country was born by taken land occupied by others then enslaving a different race to do the heavy lifting. If you believe any of that is great, then I ask for evidence showing that America was ever great. MAGA is a political slogan, and a poor one at that.

20. JustOneWay

+6,187
    Lutheran
    Private
    If America is so great that many people of other nations seek asylum here, then why is Trump with his MAGA rhetoric denying those asylum seekers an opportunity to live here?