Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm talking about the short-term. Maybe you are trying to buy a home or a new car, or take a vacation. These are reasons someone may want to work 40 hours temporarily, but not all the time.

I myself prefer spending time with my kids and family.
From the peanut gallery, it looks as if yinz agree with one another?

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
You should go back and look at the last item in the quote you replied to because that is not what it was about.

You're right I was mistaken,.. I'm against abolishing the death penalty.

That didn't answer a darn thing for me.

I'm talking about Biden now. The assertion that Biden has not repeatedly denounced the violence is a baseless, despicable lie and calls into question the moral integrity of anyone who repeats it.

PolitiFact - Trump campaign is wrong — Biden has repeatedly condemned violence tied to protests

No, no, no I'm talking about proof as an in a video where he said it himself.

Not all police interventions are homicidal maniacs.
https://twitter.com/_WhatRiot/status/1310115121012727811

https://twitter.com/CliffW08950229/status/1309623046609698816

https://twitter.com/BobTheComrade/status/1309892359664984064

And even homicidal maniacs have a fundamental right to a fair trial. Or do you prefer extra judicial executions? Do you prefer this?

nguyen-ngoc-loan-executeert-nguyen-van-lem-tiny.jpg

Please read my first comment.

Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This thread is already going in the complete opposite direction of where I wanted it to be. Trump is trying to end all of this violence and nobody is letting him do his job. Granted, he's not perfect,.. but I just watched a video where Biden was proclaiming that he has been in office for a hundred and eighty years. Hello!? No offense to him or anything but at least Trump knows what he's doing and Biden can barely remember his own name it seems like. Maybe he's alright personally,.. I don't know,.. but I don't trust him as our president and that's all I know.

its Not Trumps job to conduct law enforcement of states and cities.

Each city has a police department, and county sheriffs , and state police, to keep law and order, but they have to actually use them, instead of telling them to stand by and let riots occur.

Some people need to wake up - every city where the police have killed an innocent black person, are liberal, Democrat ran cities, and have been for many years - meaning they are in control of their police hiring, and training.

Every city with ongoing riots is also liberal Democrat controlled - and the mayors of those cities have ordered their police to let the riots occur. They’ve only been arresting those dumb enough to attack police officers, then the Democrat prosecutors are refusing to prosecute them.

And in those same cities, democrat city councils are voting to defund the police.

Even though it’s not Trumps job to do the states job of law enforcement, he offered to send in the Feds, but Democrats had a fit over his offer.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,405.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
For starters, if you don't want America to become a Communist country, why are you supporting a president who writes love letters to Kim Jung Un and is in Vladimir Putin's pocket?

Sheesh!

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
People might want to take a look at the long, & well founded, farewell speech of George Washington. It is nation first, against political parties & foreign entanglements. Interestingly Trump is nation first, certainly against the grain of both political parties, & is trying to get ( or getting)us out of Afghanistan, bad trade deals with China, NAFTA, dependence on foreign energy etc.

What is so wrong about this strategy? What have the Iraq wars of the Bushes, bipartisan Bush/Clinton NAFTA, Obama/Clinton “Arab Spring” disasters brought us but just that: disasters. Until 6 months ago our economy was expanding but the bipartisan, security state manipulates COVID insecurity to foment civil disorders & foments racial unrest.

George Washington’s farewell speech:

Avalon Project - Washington's Farewell Address 1796

Although in the current social insane asylum, Washington is probably often compared to Hitler.
Trump is not America first. Trump is Trump first, second, third and last. Always has been and always will be.

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged

I have to admit that I need to educate myself a bit more but I do know this one thing. Even if it's not supposed to be his job, he's making it his job anyways because unlike Biden (who couldn't tell the truth if his life depended on it) he cares. He cares about this country and the people in it instead of not even trying to do anything about it like Biden.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

I have to admit that I need to educate myself a bit more but I do know this one thing. Even if it's not supposed to be his job, he's making it his job anyways because unlike Biden (who couldn't tell the truth if his life depended on it) he cares. He cares about this country and the people in it instead of not even trying to do anything about it like Biden.

Start here:Posse comitatus - Wikipedia

• Informative
Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟406,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For starters, if you don't want America to become a Communist country, why are you supporting a president who writes love letters to Kim Jung Un and is in Vladimir Putin's pocket?

Not sure where you get this idea from, Trump
Continues to Be Exceedingly Tough on Russia.
Trump Continues to Be Exceedingly Tough on Russia

On the record: The U.S. administration’s actions on Russia

The bible says to look for there fruits. Nowhere
has it been shown Trump is in Putin's pocket.
Trump is far from being anything Communist, not like
the left that openly indorses it in this country.

Kim Jung Un is a puppet of Chinas, and Trump
has cracked down on them also with sanctions.
Trump crackes down on china - Bing

Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟406,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
His continual attacks on Obama are due in part to to his perceiving that a Black man got the respect Trump thinks he deserved.

This would be just one opinion, another
would be Obama was just plain corrupt.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,828.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
This thread is already going in the complete opposite direction of where I wanted it to be. Trump is trying to end all of this violence and nobody is letting him do his job.
If he's that impotent now, why would anyone in good conscience vote for him again?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,828.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Keeping within the rules of this website,.. how do you think that we can accomplish this?
Have the Democrats win the White House and Senate, add 4 new liberal USSC judges, admit 6 or 8 new Democratic-leaning states, consolidate Montana, Wyoming, Idaho and the Dakotas into a single state, increase the number of House reps for starters. Then really get active de-Trumpifying state government and local governments. For a start, at least.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I guess I should have known better by now lol I think you're voting for Trump if I remember correctly right?
No, I am voting for Tulsi Gabbard. At least for now. I think the whole "i was down playing the covid threat" did a number on me. I cant vote for Biden and although i think Trump did a lot of good, there are some principles I can't compromise. So I am writing in Tulsi.

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
No, I am voting for Tulsi Gabbard. At least for now. I think the whole "i was down playing the covid threat" did a number on me. I cant vote for Biden and although i think Trump did a lot of good, there are some principles I can't compromise. So I am writing in Tulsi.

Tulsi who? I didn't realize that you could have more than two candidates for a presidential election. :scratch:

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,585.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
1. I already answered that question.
You gave one example of something that, as has already been pointed out, isn't technically his job at all. He can make it his job by invoking the insurrection act, but there's nothing preventing him from doing that now either. Anything else besides taking care of a few hundred rioters in a couple cities? That seems like a pretty limited vision for a four-year presidential term.

2. Answered that as well.
You seem awfully fixated on a very small number of rioters in a very small number of cities. I'm reasonably certain that there are far more violent criminals of the non-rioting variety roaming our streets un-arrested than there are rioters.

3. Oh I don't know losing our freedom of speech, to defend ourselves, etc.
You do realize that neither of these things has anything to do with communism, right? Are we going back to the good old days when we just called everything we didn't like "communism"?

Maybe the fact that she's trying to write out our right to bear arms?
1. You have any examples of this? No offense, but I'm not going to just take your word for it.
2. Wanting to modify the Constitution does not mean that someone wants to "rip it up and spit on it". After all, we do have a couple dozen amendments already. Including the lauded right to bear arms.

(Also, this has nothing to do with her specifically,.. but the fact that history is slowly being rewritten isn't helping matters any.)
I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean.

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0