Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Looks like the claim is people have to earn money, and thus taxing income is slavery. But people can live without spending that money, somehow, therefore sales taxes are fine.

Doesn't make a lick of sense to me, but maybe someone else can figure it out.

Taxing income at X amount is slavery. I say X = 51%; others say it's less, and others say more.

Well they tax the money you would have used to buy things you need, and then tax the money again to actually buy something. Why not just pick one? Sure, sales taxes usually fund municipal governments, but municipalities received federal funds (ie: income tax dollars). Our gross taxation model just shows that government is far too overgrown, inefficient, and too expensive.

Not paying sales tax on a particular product simply means you don't get that particular product, not paying income taxes means you go to jail. See the difference?

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You could also move somewhere without a government if you don't like it. So lots of "freedom" to get away from taxes. I mean there are certain drawbacks, but hey, freedom (to have to hire a private security force, etc)!

I wasn't aware such a place existed for those of us who tend to get sea sick.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Taxing income at X amount is slavery. I say X = 51%; others say it's less, and others say more.

Well they tax the money you would have used to buy things you need, and then tax the money again to actually buy something. Why not just pick one? Sure, sales taxes usually fund municipal governments, but municipalities received federal funds (ie: income tax dollars). Our gross taxation model just shows that government is far too overgrown, inefficient, and too expensive.

Not paying sales tax on a particular product simply means you don't get that particular product, not paying income taxes means you go to jail. See the difference?

Nope. Have no income (or even very low income) and you can avoid income taxes.

If you want to possess a particular product and get it without paying the required sales tax, you are just as culpable as if you have a taxable income and don't pay that tax.

What's the point of having an income if you aren't going to buy anything with it? Once you buy something with that income, it's taxed via sales tax.

Your distinction appears 100% arbitrary.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Nope. Have no income (or even very low income) and you can avoid income taxes.

If you want to possess a particular product and get it without paying the required sales tax, you are just as culpable as if you have a taxable income and don't pay that tax.

What's the point of having an income if you aren't going to buy anything with it? Once you buy something with that income, it's taxed via sales tax.

Your distinction appears 100% arbitrary.

If you look back through my posts in this thread, I've already addressed that.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Taxing income at X amount is slavery.

Oh do stop with this silliness. Paying taxes, even quite high taxes, isn’t slavery and it’s an insult to the enslaved to call it that.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think a nuke on every big city on the east and west coast would do the job.
This is what I believe they want. But they would be voting against them selves. Since the other states need more help.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Oh do stop with this silliness. Paying taxes, even quite high taxes, isn’t slavery and it’s an insult to the enslaved to call it that.

Why? If someone "owns" your labor, or takes it by force, isn't that slavery?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Plus the people who say the whole comparison is nonsense.

Not really. You have the "freedom" to choose to not work and take a salary, kinda like someone else has the "freedom" to not buy food or clothing.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I wasn't aware such a place existed for those of us who tend to get sea sick.
Given that you have a much better chance of finding such a place vs. your posts having any chance of actually getting rid of the income tax, perhaps realigning your efforts with your stated goals might be helpful.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Given that you have a much better chance of finding such a place vs. your posts having any chance of actually getting rid of the income tax, perhaps realigning your efforts with your stated goals might be helpful.

I try to live on principle; and compromise, at this point, does little more than digging a metaphorical ditch.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I try to live on principle; and compromise, at this point, does little more than digging a metaphorical ditch.
So which country are you and your principles moving to in order to escape this horrible slavery we're living under?

• Haha
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So which country are you and your principles moving to in order to escape this horrible slavery we're living under?

The American Spirit insists we don't run from our problems, but stay and fix our country. So we'll do just that. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

For the same reason one does not refer to getting a speeding ticket as flogging, it’s not the same thing and no amount of histrionics will make it so.

• Agree
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
The American Spirit insists we don't run from our problems, but stay and fix our country. So we'll do just that. :thumbsup:
So how would you go about it? It would pretty much have to be by force, and I don't think you cold round up sufficient numbers who wanted to start a civil war over medicare or food stamps.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So how would you go about it? It would pretty much have to be by force, and I don't think you cold round up sufficient numbers who wanted to start a civil war over medicare or food stamps.

An Article V Convention of States to fiscally restrain the federal government and impose term limits on Senators would be a terrific start: www.conventionofstates.com

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
For the same reason one does not refer to getting a speeding ticket as flogging, it’s not the same thing and no amount of histrionics will make it so.

If you own someone's labor, what's that called?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
An Article V Convention of States to fiscally restrain the federal government and impose term limits on Senators would be a terrific start: www.conventionofstates.com
That sounds fine, but I don't think you'll ever have the votes to do it that way.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0