Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Actually, a big problem in America is all the Christians who commit murders, fornication and adultery, lust and inappropriate content, child abuse, racism, thievery, anger, etc. If the Christians would stop doing all those things, America would be a much better place.

But the "main sin" in every country, and indeed in every person, is idolatry: Setting someone or something other than God as a moral authority, the source of our decisions.

And even Christians do that from decision to decision, multiple times a day.

We are convinced a person is a Christian by the fruit he or she bears. Rotten fruit comes from non-Christians. We should examine ourselves.

Matthew 7
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

1 John 1
5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

1 John 2
3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

1 John 3
14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death. 15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

1 John 4
20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? 21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Oh, boy :) that's hard. There's a thing called Grammar checkers. They can be handy for us, foreigners. I'm using one called Language Tool Plus. That helps quite a bit. And try listen native speakers if only on youtube. English spelling is weird, odd, strange, and makes little sense, and you can never guess how anything is said. Except by chance. Trust me, I've been there.

(And then you go to Scotland and.... everything makes sense! :) )

<--- Scotland fan

English is my only language except for a a tiny bit of German. English makes me laugh! ^_^ My intelligent brother and I talk about it a lot. And we Americans don't spell or pronounce English words the same as the British do.

Why do we park on a driveway and drive on a parkway??? :scratch: I know 3 American ways to pronounce pecan.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you distinguish that in every country there is a main sin, that people in those areas must to fight?
Norway racism
Chile thieves
North Korea nuclear weapons
China communism
Arabia persecution of Jews Etc etc etc

Not all of us fight the same
Well, it does seem that some particular sins are more common in particular countries, yes. This is like how the 7 churches in Revelation were sent the messages about their own particular shortcomings, and what they most needed to change. You might even notice that there is a most common sinfulness of the lost in a country, and a most common shortcoming of the believers also, one for each.

For the lost in the U.S., it seems a common sin is probably lustfulness, to lust after someone not one's spouse, which our culture actually encourages with so many advertisements and images. But another one lately that is so prominent is slander -- to denigrate or revile people with one's words. (for example -- to condemn others as "liberals" or "fascists" (reviling labels are a main form of reviling) (and reviling is a deadly sin that prevents salvation unless a person repents (1 Cor ch 6, v10)

These are both also problems inside churches too, and we can remember that always churches have had a mix of those that believe (in Christ risen and to come again, fully believing), and those that do not fully believe. Those that fear sinning in front of the Lord, and those that have no such fear. Those that will confess/repent (and be renewed!), and those that will fall away instead, or grow cold, or make their church into something only social or only political, worldly.

Upvote 0

Bruce Leiter

A sinner saved by God's astounding grace and love
Jun 16, 2018
West Michigan
Visit site
✟56,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you distinguish that in every country there is a main sin, that people in those areas must to fight?
Norway racism
Chile thieves
China communism

I think all countries are plagued by many sins, though some may be more prominent than others.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Norway racism
Chile thieves
China communism

If you are referring to sin of governments, in america lying would be right up there with corruption. In a way they both kind of go together.

So lying by the government to the citizens

Upvote 0

ChristServant

Aug 23, 2020
South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Norway racism
Chile thieves
China communism

How and why are Norway racists

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChristServant

Aug 23, 2020
South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
it's an example of a sin i have seen
So as a Christian you've seen what you believe is racism in one instance or may be two and then accuse a whole country of racism. I would love to know what it was you saw to bring you to this conclusion. Do you believe that only White people are racist or capable of racism if you do that makes you a racist.

Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
So as a Christian you've seen what you believe is racism in one instance or may be two and then accuse a whole country of racism. I would love to know what it was you saw to bring you to this conclusion. Do you believe that only White people are racist or capable of racism if you do that makes you a racist.
nobody is talking white and black

Upvote 0

ChristServant

Aug 23, 2020
South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
nobody is talking white and black
When you say a whole country's sin is racism, racism is referring to race, so you have already subtly referred to it. Norway is about 70% Christian and predominately white. What other conclusion is there. Would you use this same term to any Asian or African country?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
When you say a whole country's sin is racism, racism is referring to race, so you have already subtly referred to it. Norway is about 70% Christian and predominately white. What other conclusion is there. Would you use this same term to any Asian or African country?
my thread is not a statement of true, it is what could be the reality, could be...

Upvote 0

EddieStormX

Aug 27, 2020
Johor
✟9,225.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Norway racism
Chile thieves
China communism

There is only one root cause for sin.

Upvote 0