Currently reside in Knoxville, TN
Visit site
✟10,768.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Good for them !

What id like to see, instead of saying the decision to allow gay and lesbian pastors not only contradicts the historic teachings of Christianity, but that it is sin.

This is a nice start though.

Id like to see the 32% of clergy that voted against it to leave the denomination and go to a conservative one.

Upvote 0

LiturgyInDMinor

Celtic Rite Old Catholic Church
Feb 20, 2009
✟7,265.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

LiturgyInDMinor

Feb 20, 2009
✟7,265.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

GrinningDwarf

Just a humble servant
Mar 30, 2005
✟19,311.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
That move will utterly destroy the ELCA. It is simply a future memory.

I wouldn't be too sure of that. Isn't the PC(USA) still the largest Presbyterian denomination in spite of all of it's...er...uh...positions not held by the historic Christian faith. (That's as far as I'll go in any efforts to be PC!! I refrained from using the 'H'-word.)

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

DD2008

Oct 3, 2008
Texas
✟8,121.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I wouldn't be too sure of that. Isn't the PC(USA) still the largest Presbyterian denomination in spite of all of it's...er...uh...positions not held by the historic Christian faith. (That's as far as I'll go in any efforts to be PC!! I refrained from using the 'H'-word.)

I believe when the PC-USA votes to allow gay clergy the bible believing population will leave. Maybe I'm wrong and they really are much worse than I think...but one can hope.

Upvote 0

DD2008

Oct 3, 2008
Texas
✟8,121.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I would hate to see the destruction of any denomination...my prayers are that the ELCA has enough backlash within it's own membership that they reverse this decision.

Thanks for listening.
:)

And then the decision to allow women pastors, and then the decision to teach the scriptures contain error....etc

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LiturgyInDMinor

Feb 20, 2009
✟7,265.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And then the decision to allow women pastors, and then the decision to teach the scriptures contain error....etc

There already are female pastors ordained in the ELCA. 10% of the synods in the ELCA are led by female bishops even.

Upvote 0

CADude12

There is a God. You are not him. I'm not either.
Sep 28, 2008
Boston
✟15,490.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

But, for some strange reason, the PCA not PCUSA, is growing, and not shrinking - has active congregations, and is not infected with much of the recent cultural fads. Not that the culture is ignored, but those aspects of the culture which are contrary to Scripture are rejected.

When a denomination embraces things which are completely contrary to Scripture, what do they expect?

Upvote 0

Tangible

Decision Theology = Ex Opere Operato
May 29, 2009
cruce tectum
Visit site
✟59,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
This continues to be a stain on all Lutherans. Instead of churches blocking out the name Lutheran from their signs, I wish the ELCA would stop using the name Lutheran altogether.

The migration of congregations is well underway. Lutheran congregation leaves ELCA

Many churches are moving to the LCMC (not to be confused with my own branch LCMS) that does not allow non-celibate homosexuals to be pastors, but still allows women. Most ex-ELCA congregations are too wed to the idea of female pastors to consider moving to the LCMS (Missouri Synod) with only male pastors, or especially to the WELS (Wisconsin Synod) who don't even allow women to vote in meetings.

What is the historical cause of all this? The abandonment of the historical grammatical method of interpretation in favor of higher criticism.

Please pray that the ELCA would return to their Biblical and Confessional origins.

Upvote 0

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We had a mission / service trip in an ELCA church that had collapsed and disbanded in an inner city. It was very emotional for me to read the remaining plaques in the building.

Beautiful church building. Once apparently set on sharing the gospel, from what was left in the shell.

It's important to me to take stock in the remnant, not in the majority. But the actions of the majority do make me wonder, What's the point of Christ, again?

Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness. 5You know that he appeared to take away sins, and in him there is no sin. 6No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him. 7Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous. 8 Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. 9 No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God. 10By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother. 1 John 3:4-10

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums