Alleged message from heaven: ‘You have allowed the usurper to sit on the chair of my Peter'

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
This video from Lifesite is - I think - worth hearing and taking to prayer:

A message for some of our clergy.

Comments?
Test everything and retain what is good. How do we test this?

I think if it is really from the Lord it would be repeated in multiple instances and not just one instance. Just for starters. Is there credible evidence of multiple holy people hearing the same thing?

Upvote 0

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟127,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Test everything and retain what is good. How do we test this?

I think if it is really from the Lord it would be repeated in multiple instances and not just one instance. Just for starters. Is there credible evidence of multiple holy people hearing the same thing?
What did you hear that sounds incredible to you?

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
What did you hear that sounds incredible to you?
Nothing. It’s that whether it sounds credible or incredible it needs testing.

One test I suggested is that it be corroborated by other credible prophetic voices. Time will tell about that.

I’m open to other ways of testing it.

I’m inclined at first blush to accept it but it does need to survive a proper testing.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
IF it occurred, it occurred within the clergy.
Therefore; it could be something sent personally to the Pope for his own assistance.

St Ann Catherine Emmerich made 2 things clear..
1. Woe to those who attack the Lord's Pope/clergy/chosen.

[as it is scandalous and removes all good that can be done]

2. A Pope would could chase after the world...
and I dare not judge whom or how... because I am not to judge, but we stay the teachings as any Pope cannot change them even if they change our 'practices' and the 'forms' of Rites.

Pope Francis repeats he cannot change teachings.

But with that said, all things in prayer could help any soul in peril of the enemy.
Though the Pope cannot change teachings, he can mistakenly make the Church attacked within...
But it remains opinion Pope Francis is doing wrong.
An opinion I do not wish to meditate on... because Woe.

Upvote 0

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟127,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Nothing. It’s that whether it sounds credible or incredible it needs testing.

One test I suggested is that it be corroborated by other credible prophetic voices. Time will tell about that.

I’m open to other ways of testing it.

I’m inclined at first blush to accept it but it does need to survive a proper testing.
I'm unclear about what the "it" is that needs testing, that has not already been heard as coming. Can you clarify what "needs testing"?

Upvote 0

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟127,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
2. A Pope would could chase after the world...
and I dare not judge whom or how... because I am not to judge, but we stay the teachings as any Pope cannot change them even if they change our 'practices' and the 'forms' of Rites.

Pope Francis repeats he cannot change teachings.

To change the liturgy (prayer, worship) is to change the faith (teachings): lex orandi, lex credenti.

CCC 1124 The Church’s faith precedes the faith of the believer who is invited to adhere to it. When the Church celebrates the sacraments, she confesses the faith received from the apostles - whence the ancient saying: lex orandi, lex credendi (or: legem credendi lex statuat supplicandi according to Prosper of Aquitaine <SC 59cent>).<Ep. 8> The law of prayer is the law of faith: the Church believes as she prays. Liturgy is a constitutive element of the holy and living Tradition.<Cf. DV 8>

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I'm unclear about what the "it" is that needs testing, that has not already been heard as coming. Can you clarify what "needs testing"?
The ‘it’ is the subject of this post. Is it a valid message from God? How do you know?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
To change the liturgy (prayer, worship) is to change the faith (teachings): lex orandi, lex credenti.
Well nobody is right then.

St James liturgy is like 4 hours long.

The celebration remains the same. In Tradition the Apostles had an altar close to a wall in the catacombs, but I know not if in historical writings this was necessity to face East.
So I cannot state for fact if Churches now face East...etc

So practices do change such as language because every Chair set up in different lands et al, but the sacraments do not.
We do a shorter version of one Apostles Mass, not suggesting the others had shortened Masses in comparison....

So what are you stating is a changed 'teaching'?

Upvote 0

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟127,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The ‘it’ is the subject of this post. Is it a valid message from God? How do you know?
Those are good and important questions.
Well nobody is right then.

St James liturgy is like 4 hours long.

The celebration remains the same. In Tradition the Apostles had an altar close to a wall in the catacombs, but I know not if in historical writings this was necessity to face East.
So I cannot state for fact if Churches now face East...etc

So practices do change such as language because every Chair set up in different lands et al, but the sacraments do not.
We do a shorter version of one Apostles Mass, not suggesting the others had shortened Masses in comparison....

So what are you stating is a changed 'teaching'?

The pope must believe the NO is a change, and an essential one, since he is set on a total abandonment of the Liturgy of the Tradition, true for centuries. The TLM MUST cease, the NO IS "our" new Mass now, in his opinion. What is he so opposed to, or afraid of, that was revered, true and holy for centuries? What are the differences, the changes, that are now so crucially important for all to embrace? What is now so wrong in the TLM that we all must now be "saved from" it? Do a careful comparison of the two liturgies as most commonly celebrated, and see if the differences manifest themselves to you.

Debate is not the way of understanding worship or better, adoration. The Father seeks worship, and worshippers, who offer themselves in spirit and truth.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟67,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This video from Lifesite is - I think - worth hearing and taking to prayer:

A message for some of our clergy.

Comments?
Ok,

Really ?

Seriously here -

If I, St. Charlie the Cosmic, came here and said I had heard a message from God claiming the Benedict was a usurper and his removal was good and just, you would, quite rightly, toss a net over me and take me somewhere where I could get the obvious help I need.

Just 'cause you don't like the Jesuit in Charge in no reason to believe this message is any less ridiculous.

(Again, I hate to bring Critical Thinking to a religious site)

The thing is you can't just fall for this because they have a really nice website, a Youtube channel and dress the whole thing up in the trapping of a Catholic Mass.

Upvote 0

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟127,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Ok,

Really ?

Seriously here -

If I, St. Charlie the Cosmic, came here and said I had heard a message from God claiming the Benedict was a usurper and his removal was good and just, you would, quite rightly, toss a net over me and take me somewhere where I could get the obvious help I need.

Just 'cause you don't like the Jesuit in Charge in no reason to believe this message is any less ridiculous.

(Again, I hate to bring Critical Thinking to a religious site)

The thing is you can't just fall for this because they have a really nice website, a Youtube channel and dress the whole thing up in the trapping of a Catholic Mass.
Thanks for your opinions. Truth or absence of truth in any message claiming to be prophetic - in these confused and dangerous times - does call for more than immediate judgment. I recommend that you use your mind to try to discover exactly what you do need to discern what is happening in the world and in the Church - because the times they are a'changing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Solo81

Jan 19, 2024
Gundy
✟18,075.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
A new message has been printed and the priest involved has given his defence and explanation of the previous message - about the "usurper"....

Heaven is not the origin of these messages.

I read it on Lifesite and am actually disappointed with them for promoting such a thing. They harm their own credibility and mission, imo.

Upvote 0