Oct 7, 2005
✟8,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Losing your teeth or hair is actually a very common dream. Almost as common as falling.

Freud would say that it's a castration dream, but more modern interpretations usually say that it is an underlying fear of aging/getting older.

Personally, I've had both the hair and teeth dreams before. I think that they're related to stress in my life or stress that comes from the subject in the dream. for example, I'm losing my hair in a dream that is about me and a certain person. Most of the time that person is causing me a lot of stress/grief when I'm awake.

Upvote 0

HumbleBee

Jan 8, 2004
✟3,212.00
Faith
Christian
In dreams, teeth tend to symbolize speech...so them falling out or stuff in one's mouth could signify a loss of confidence to speak, even a loss of hope...not knowing what to say...being nervous, fear of speaking...difficulty in trying to put words together. As well, teeth falling out could represent and foretell of a possible relational (or some other type (financial, loss of job...) falling out, so would be a call to intercession. :prayer:

Click at this link to read another dream about speech...;)

http://www.christianforums.com/t2170051-i-had-a-dream.html

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I get them when things in life are totally out of control, and it's earth-shattering for me. All security and foundation seems to fall out from under me, like the falling dream mentioned above...losing something I can never get back. But I know what to expect now--very reliable parallel.

MaryRose, you knew before it happened--that's interesting. Too bad!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HumbleBee

Jan 8, 2004
✟3,212.00
Faith
Christian
Hmmm kisstheson,

Am sure you heard of the saying 'like pulling teeth'...to describe a situation akin to experiencing excruciating pain. In a proverbial sense, 'like pulling teeth' means having great difficulty trying to extract information from someone.

Dunno if any of this applies to you...Breaking each tooth would seem to speak about causing oneself unnecessary pain...and or enduring the prolonging of an already tough circumstances...as could it represent one's heart and relationships...possibly their heart getting broken over and over again. :confused: :hug:

kisstheson said:
I dreamed my teeth were falling out several times. I also dreamed I was breaking each tooth seperately and pulling them out of my mouth one by one by one.

Upvote 0

Izzy23

Let Love Rule
Aug 1, 2004
New York City, NY
✟4,175.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
kisstheson said:
Yeah. I dreamed my teeth were falling out several times. I also dreamed I was breaking each tooth seperately and pulling them out of my mouth one by one by one. What do you think of that?

Wel, at least here I have a full set of teeth...:D

Yes. I dream the same thing. I don't have trouble taking my teeth out though. I can take each tooth out easily. Let me go one step further here. I have braces. In my dreams they are disintigrating. The metal just breaks off as if they are rusted off. It's very strange. I had a friend in college who use to dream the same thing about his teeth and he had beautiful teeth. It must be a stress thing.

Upvote 0

Eagle_Wings

Just Your Ordinary Average Everyday Sane Psycho.
Nov 18, 2004
Illinois
Visit site
✟2,076.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't dream that I'm falling, but I do have the occasional dream where my teeth are falling out. It's really wierd too because it's not the normal way people lose teeth...usually they end up crumbling...totally freaky and I'm so relieved to wake up and find out it wasn't true. Very interesting to read that it can symbolize a fear connected to speach...I'm a stutterer and although it's slight enough that most people don't pick up on it I've always struggled with it. I'll have to start paying more attention and see if those dreams occur during a time I'm struggling moreso then normal.

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
HumbleBee said:
In dreams, teeth tend to symbolize speech...so them falling out or stuff in one's mouth could signify a loss of confidence to speak, even a loss of hope...not knowing what to say...being nervous, fear of speaking...difficulty in trying to put words together. As well, teeth falling out could represent and foretell of a possible relational falling out, so would be a call to intercession. :prayer:

I used to dream this periodically, and at times of stress it would be frequent, then go away again. I had the "gunk" thing too, and was spitting the bits of broken teeth out, in pain, bleeding, waking up crying. It was a dreadful thing.

I posted to you Humblebee, probably about a year ago, and you were very helpful.

You kindly answered via PM since you recognised my vulnerability at the time.
You said it may be due to not being able to express myself, having painful stuff I needed to talk through, needing to be heard, all the kinds of things you are saying here.

You were spot on. Your reply helped me finally seek the Christian counselling I had pondered for years.
I had about a dozen sessions, and also received a lot of prayer and encouragement here at CF, and in February this year God healed me of depression, once and for all. :)

Here's my post after the healing:
http://www.christianforums.com/t1394360-healed-of-depression.html
Glory to God! :clap:

I hope the rest of you find out if your own dreams can help you, or if they're simply nightmares that you get peace from them.

God bless you, love Sue

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Confusedogu

Jul 1, 2007
✟7,669.00
Faith
Christian
I have dreams where one tooth is loose, but i go to touch it and it falls out, then i try and put it back in and 2 more fall out.. When i try and put those back more fall out.

I usually wake up before i needed dentures :p

I read somwhere it is usually due to worry about your image or not being able to control a sitiuation in your life

Reactions: KleinerApfel
Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
HumbleBee was a sweet and anointed woman, how sad I was to see her posts again just now and recall that she went home last year while so young. She was a blessing to us, but she's rejoicing in Heaven with the Lord now, so that's good, but I know the body of Christ on earth misses her.

Upvote 0