• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Losing faith...

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Appalachia, The Trail of Tears
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
xangelx,
I can relate to what you're experiencing. I too have walked through darkness facing horrible events noone even wants to hear about. The feeling of being all alone is the worst. I can assure you though...after every storm in life...there is a rainbow! Trust in God during your trials and put your fate in his hands. He will guide you and care for you. When you emerge from your tunnel of darkness...you will come out a much stronger person.

From one who's been through it as well,
Smilin

Upvote 0

Mr.Cheese

Legend
Apr 14, 2002
✟21,948.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The darkness makes us grow. We just have to keep hold of his hand till the sun shines again.
That patient endurance leads to better things.
Giving up is expensive. That's the lesson I learned. Don't do that to yourself. Take it from me. Hang in there. You'll be glad you did.

Upvote 0
I really don't want to come off as sounding "preachy" but I felt led to share this with you.

If you would please read Ezekiel 1:1-28

"I looked, and behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst therof as the color of amber, out of the midst of the fire.." Ezek. 1:4

Once you read the whole chapter I would like to pass this on:

Ezekiel and his people knew the facts of faith. But when they came to the Chebar River and all that it represented, FACTS WERE NOT ENOUGH. They needed a firsthand meeting with God. You see, when we surrender to Him, He teaches us to open our eyes while the sandstorm is blowing, and through all of that chaos and horror, He shows us His glory, and we hear him say, " I am with you always, even to the end of the world."

Your Brother In Christ
Ken

Upvote 0

KnightCross

Jan 6, 2003
NC
✟141.00
xangelx,

You've recieved many good answers, I hope they help. I will try to add a little more that I hope will benefit you.

All Christians struggle with faith. In fact, all HUMANS struggle with faith. Do you ever wonder if someone you love also cares for you the same way? Do you ever wonder if something you enjoy doing will be around this time next year? That's expressing a lack of faith over something we care about. However, the world cannot ever guarantee that our faith is well-placed in worldly objects. But, on the other hand, we can guarantee that our faith in God is ALWAYS well-placed. God will never forsake, never forget, never change his mind, never leave.

If you feel your faith is being challenged to the extreme, then I would recommend one thing. Get on your knees and pray to God..."God, I cannot feel you right now, I know that you have said that you will always be with me, and I know that you have given all of us a little tiny bit of faith to hold us when it's very dark, I ask you to spark my little bit of faith right now". I have done so when I've felt troubled to the extreme, and soon I felt the darkness start to lift. God IS there.

All Christians struggle with faith, yet it is an important part of our growth. James 1:2-4: Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Thus, we SHOULD welcome the occasional testing, for it is only with testing of our faith that we grow. That doesn't mean that it will be easy, nor does it mean that it won't take time for us to learn the lesson, but think if it this way: Isn't it better to learn to trust and have faith in eternity with Christ than the alternative?

So, I should also mention that at times when my faith is low I've found it helps to sit there and cry out to the Lord; "Lord, I feel horrible right now, I'm really in the dumps, and I don't see you right now, but thank you for my trials!" Funny enough, that ususually seems to help, God does love us and wants us to see the bright side of every situation.

I hope that this helps you.

Cheers and God Bless!

Upvote 0
Originally posted by XangelX
I don't know if I believe in God anymore. :( :cry:

Angel I've felt the same way more times than I can remember. Its difficult to see God's truth when you have no family to share your thoughts and beliefs with. Like you I have never been part of a church and have always struggled with my faith. When you are not surrounded by others who believe, the reality of Christ can sometimes almost fade to black. Its important to hold on to what faith you have left and pray for guidance. Remeber God didnt create robots, he gave us free will. He gave us the ability to make our own decisions right or wrong. Sometimes we have to take an inside look inside of oursleves and see if we are really doing our part in building a relationship with Christ. In the words of Dr. Larry Crabb "Real change, a change that brings joy inexpressible in its wake, is possible if your willing to start from the inside out." We have to give God a chance before he makes himself evident in our lives. :idea: :idea: ;)

Upvote 0