• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Losing faith...

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
XangelX,

It's completely normal to go thru periods of doubt. Just keep seeking God, and soon your faith will be stronger than ever. There is so much that we, as mere humans, can never understand or comprehend. Give your doubts to God, pray to Him about everything you are feeling. Trust Him with everything, including your doubts.

Upvote 0

GodOwnsMe

Sep 3, 2002
Visit site
✟2,433.00
Faith
Christian
:hug: wow I prayed for ya girl....don't give up, keep placing your doubts & all in God's hands..................Father please hold xangelx really close and help her trust. PLease give her a firm faith and show her how much you love her. Please get her out there. In Jesus' name. Amen
:hug: :pray:

Upvote 0

carmen

Aug 25, 2002
n.z
Visit site
✟1,462.00
Dear Xangel,

Thought you could do to read this from God he is not going to give up
on you. He still loves you and he is still very much alive and here.

You are special.

In all the world theres nobody like you.

Since the beginning of time, there has never been another person like you.
Nobody has your smile. Nobody has your eyes, your nose, your hair, your hands, your voice. You are special. No one can be found who has your handwriting. Nobody anywhere has your tastes - for food or music or art. No one sees things just as you do.

In all of time there's never been one who laughs like you, no one who cries like you. And what makes you laugh and cry will never provoke identical laughter and tears from anybody else, ever. No one reacts to any situation just as you would react. You are special.

You are the only one in all of creation who has your set of abilities. Oh, there will always be somebody who is better at one of the things you are good at, but no one in the universe can reach the quality of combination of talents, ideas, abilities and feelings. Like a room full of musical instruments, some may excel alone, but none can match the symphony sound when all are played together. You are a symphony.

Through all of eternity no one will ever look, talk, walk, think or do like you. You are special. You are rare. And in all rarity there is great value.
Because of your great rare value, You need not attempt to imitate others. Accept yes, celebrate your differences.

You are special. Begin to realise it's no accident that you are special. God made you very special for a very special purpose. He has a job for you that no one else can do as well as you. Out of all the billions of applicants, only one is qualified, only one has the right combination of what it takes.

God Bless you, praying for you.
Carmen.

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by XangelX
I don't know if I believe in God anymore. :( :cry:

That's normal. Don't be afraid to question your beliefs. I always do, and I always come back to the conclusion that God is real.

Talk to other believers and hear their experiences with God and that will help you maintain and build your faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

caley

Christian Anarchist
Oct 29, 2002
Fargo, ND
Visit site
✟1,081.00
Faith
Protestant
I don't know if I believe in God anymore. :( :cry:

Yeah, that's happened to me before.  Whatever you do, do not take this period of questioning lightly.  Examine yourself, examine the reasons for your beliefs, and examine the case for not believing.  If you just act like "It will pass,"  the next period of questioning will be even harder for you.  I've had severe doubts before too, and I always come back, but it takes awhile.  I've even gone through periods where I considered myself an atheist, but I eventually decided that God was the way to go.  Questioning (honest questioning, where you sincerely look for answers) your faith is one of the most important ways to examine one's relationship with God and draw yourself closer to Him.

Pray about it, read the Bible, read Christian literature, read atheist literature, talk to people (believers and unbelievers) about it, and find the answers for yourself.  I will pray that the answers come to you within Christianity (as they always do for me).

Upvote 0

Dawn Marie

Soda for Wine
Oct 27, 2002
Ontario
✟19,684.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
:) Thank you guys... :hug:

I would love to be able to have blind faith and believe and trust that there is a God. But I just don't... know how. All this stuff is happening right now... horrible stuff that I can't even talk about here. It's so confusing and frustrating.

Hmm, and I would talk to someone about it. But I have nobody to talk to about beliefs and religion and stuff. It upsets my boyfriend when I talk about spiritual and religious stuff. I have nobody else...

Upvote 0

caley

Christian Anarchist
Oct 29, 2002
Fargo, ND
Visit site
✟1,081.00
Faith
Protestant

I would love to be able to have blind faith and believe and trust that there is a God. But I just don't... know how. All this stuff is happening right now... horrible stuff that I can't even talk about here. It's so confusing and frustrating.

Hmm, and I would talk to someone about it. But I have nobody to talk to about beliefs and religion and stuff. It upsets my boyfriend when I talk about spiritual and religious stuff. I have nobody else...

If you can't talk about it here, have you asked anyone on this forum if you could talk to them through e-mail?  I haven't ever met you, but I would be perfectly willing to read/respond to questions/problems you are having.  I think my e-mail address is in my profile.  If it isn't, PM me, and I'll PM it to you (I feel weird posting it in a thread).

ONLY if you are comfortable talking to a stranger over the Internet about it...

Upvote 0
Is there a pastor you can talk to? I have found that most of them are SO OPEN to anyone just walking in and saying "I'm struggling with this" and they will talk to you and pray with you and make you feel like you matter. Because you do. You matter SO MUCH to the Lord...let someone help you. Really. I've been battling something awful too and I finally just emailed a pastor I had only heard speak (had NEVER once talked to him) and he opened his office to me and allowed me to go there and just "spill my guts" and the help that I got from him was amazing. Don't think there's no one you can talk to. There is. Please reach out. People WANT to help you.
God Bless!! I'm praying!
AggieCatholic

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Is there a pastor you can talk to? I have found that most of them are SO OPEN to anyone just walking in and saying "I'm struggling with this" and they will talk to you and pray with you and make you feel like you matter. Because you do. You matter SO MUCH to the Lord...let someone help you. Really. I've been battling something awful too and I finally just emailed a pastor I had only heard speak (had NEVER once talked to him) and he opened his office to me and allowed me to go there and just "spill my guts" and the help that I got from him was amazing. Don't think there's no one you can talk to. There is. Please reach out. People WANT to help you.
God Bless!! I'm praying!
AggieCatholic

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian

Blind faith is a bad thing, not a good thing. It is only faith that is examined and tested that is real faith. Faith has to be based on something real, otherwise, it's just wishing.

Don't be afraid, embrace the questions and seek the answers.

Upvote 0