Visit site
✟15,453.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ok, can someone tell me some links between the OT and NT, I will give an example of what I am talking about so you know what I mean.

In the OT Abraham was going to kill his son, but instead an angel told him to sacrfice a lamb who was stuck in a torn bush - NT Jesus(the lamb) was sacrificed with a crown of throns. See what I am talking about, I think things like this prove that the NT is correct, and can strenghten our faith. And more examples?

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Example= Jacob at Bethal seeing the stairway to heaven. He was told to dwell there.

Jesus saying to Nathaniel that he would see angels ascending and descending upon Him, showing He is our dwelling place.

Upvote 0

Mskedi

Senior Veteran
Dec 13, 2005
✟21,800.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
BigChrisfilm said:
NICE, keep 'em coming guys, I think that if there is a link between both books, it is obvious that they are true, because they were written so far apart.

Yet the people who wrote the NT were definitely aware of the books of the OT, so I don't know that that really works logically.

That said, I am fond of Jesus meaking reference to a psalm while on the cross.

Upvote 0

BigChrisfilm

Contributor
Feb 17, 2006
Portsmouth Ohio
Visit site
✟15,453.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well I think that since Jesus dieing on the cross actually was something that we know happend, the referance between the lamb that Abraham had is the best example I have found, they were aware of things like that in the OT, but they didn't put the thorns on his head because of something they read in the OT, that is why I think it is significant, know what I mean?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
BigChrisfilm said:
Well I think that since Jesus dieing on the cross actually was something that we know happend, the referance between the lamb that Abraham had is the best example I have found, they were aware of things like that in the OT, but they didn't put the thorns on his head because of something they read in the OT, that is why I think it is significant, know what I mean?
Could it be a reference to Hosea 10? After all, their house was made a "Wilderness". Instead of the OC Sanctuary being the "head" for the jews, Christ became the Head.
We don't literally "see" the thorn and thistle on the altars today, so it appears more "symbolic".
Thoughts?

Matt 23:38 "See! Your House is left to you a Wilderness;

Hosea 10:8 Also the high places of Aven, the sin of Israel, Shall be destroyed. The thorn and thistle shall grow on their altars; They shall say to the mountains, "Cover us!" And to the hills, "Fall on us!"

(Young) Ephesians 4:15 and, being true in love, we may increase to Him [in] all things, who is the head--the Christ;

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello BigChrisfilm,

King David proclaims salvation through the Right Hand of God. Jesus identifies Himself as the Right Hand of God.
NAB MAT 26:64

Jesus answered: "It is you who say it. But I tell you this: Soon you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of the Power and coming on the clouds of heaven."
NAB PSA 80:18

May your help be with the man of your right hand, with the son of man whom you yourself made strong.
NAB PSA 118:15

The joyful shout of victory in the tents of the just: "The right hand of the LORD has struck with power: The right hand of the LORD is exalted; the right hand of the LORD has struck with power." I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD. Though the LORD has indeed chastised me, yet he has not delivered me to death. Open to me the gates of justice; I will enter them and give thanks to the LORD. This gate is the LORD's; the just shall enter it. I will give thanks to you, for you have answered me and have been my savior. The stone which the builders rejected has become the cornerstone. By the LORD has this been done; it is wonderful in our eyes. This is the day the LORD has made; let us be glad and rejoice in it. O LORD, grant salvation! O LORD, grant prosperity! (MAT 21:42)
NAB PSA 98:1

Sing to the Lord a new song, for he has done wondrous deeds; His right hand has won victory for him, his holy arm. The LORD has made his salvation known: in the sight of the nations he has revealed his justice. He has remembered his kindness and his faithfulness toward the house of Israel. All the ends of the earth have seen the salvation by our God.
NAB WIS 5:15

But the just live forever, and in the LORD is their recompense, and the thought of them is with the Most High. Therefore shall they receive the splendid crown, the beauteous diadem, from the hand of the LORD - For he shall shelter them with his right hand, and protect them with his arm.
NAB PSA 77:16

With your strong arm you redeemed your people, the sons of Jacob and Joseph.​
NIV PSA 45:4

In your majesty ride forth victoriously in behalf of truth, humility and righteousness; let your right hand display awesome deeds.
NIV PSA 138:7

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes, with your right hand you save me.
NAB ISA 41:8

But you, Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, offspring of Abraham my friend - You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth and summoned from its far-off places, You whom I have called my servant, whom I have chosen and will not cast off - Fear not, I am with you; be not dismayed; I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you, and uphold you with my right hand of justice.
NIV PSA 108:6

Save us and help us with your right hand, that those you love may be delivered.
NAB PSA 21:9

(Jesus destroys Satan and all evil.)
May your hand reach all your enemies, may your right hand reach your foes! Make them burn as though in a fiery furnace, when you appear. May the LORD consume them in his anger; let fire devour them.​
NAB PSA 48:11

As your name, O God, so also your praise reaches to the ends of the earth. Of justice your right hand is full; let Mount Zion be glad, Let the cities of Judah rejoice, because of your judgments.

Peace in Christ,
Steven Merten

Upvote 0

icxn

Bραδύγλωσσος αἰπόλος μαθητεύων κνίζειν συκάμινα
Dec 13, 2004
✟210,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
BigChrisfilm said:
... but they didn't put the thorns on his head because of something they read in the OT...
They didn't, still there's a reference albeit metaphorical:

Go forth, ye daughters of Sion, and behold king Solomon (type of Christ), with the crown (of thorns) wherewith his mother (=the Jewish Synagogue) crowned him, in the day of his espousals (with the Gentile Church), and in the day of the gladness of his heart. (Song 3:11)

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Could it be a reference to Hosea 10? After all, their house was made a "Wilderness". Instead of the OC Sanctuary being the "head" for the jews, Christ became the Head.
We don't literally "see" the thorn and thistle on the altars today, so it appears more "symbolic".
Thoughts?

Matt 23:38 "See! Your House is left to you a Wilderness;

Hosea 10:8 Also the high places of Aven, the sin of Israel, Shall be destroyed. The thorn and thistle shall grow on their altars; They shall say to the mountains, "Cover us!" And to the hills, "Fall on us!"

(Young) Ephesians 4:15 and, being true in love, we may increase to Him [in] all things, who is the head--the Christ;
They didn't, still there's a reference albeit metaphorical:

Go forth, ye daughters of Sion, and behold king Solomon (type of Christ), with the crown (of thorns) wherewith his mother (=the Jewish Synagogue) crowned him, in the day of his espousals (with the Gentile Church), and in the day of the gladness of his heart. (Song 3:11)
True. How about this possible link between Phaorah and the High Priest?

And the LORD said unto Moses, Go in unto Pharaoh: for I have hardened his heart, and the heart of his servants, that I might show these my signs before him:

Hosea 11:1 "When Israel [was] a child, I loved him, And out of Egypt I called My son.

Matthew 23:1 Then Jesus spoke to the multitudes and to His disciples, 2 saying: "The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. 3 "Therefore whatever they tell you to observe, [that] observe and do, but do not do according to their works; for they say, and do not do. 4 "For they bind heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay [them] on men's shoulders; .......Matthew 26:65 Then the High Priest tore his clothes, saying, "He has spoken blasphemy! What further need do we have of witnesses? Look, now you have heard His blasphemy!

Ezekiel 32:31 " Pharaoh will see them And be comforted over all his multitude, Pharaoh and all his army, Slain by the sword," Says the Lord GOD. :eek:

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.