life in our solar system

EPHRIAM777

A REAL NICE GUY..!
Dec 6, 2002
PHILLY
✟620.00
Originally posted by seesaw
Well the cool thing about Europa is that some scientists believe that there might be an ocean or sea under the ice of Europa which could have ocean life. That is cool.

Eph chuckles..

Wait a sec..!!....

Are you saying that over vast amounts of time...These scientists "faith"...that there could be living things on that moon in "possibly existing oceans".....?

I'll bet that they ALSO say that the elements exist and IF left alone to develope...over vast amounts of time..and the right conditions happened...those "oceans" could be teeming with life..."fish jumping into the nets"...huh...??

Vast amounts of uninterupted time....slow ...gradual ..changes

Uh Oh.......UNIFORITARIANISM rears it's ugly head once again..."coming to a galaxy near you"...LOL

They all came from ROCKS too then...fishrocks...rockfish..??

.....Me tinks de "scientists" hav de rocks in de hed mon...! LOL

:clap:

Upvote 0

Orihalcon

crazy dancing santa mage
Nov 17, 2002
Visit site
✟833.00
they don't just have faith. they have evidence. not solid evidence so right now it's just speculation. it's cool nonetheless.

i'm pretty sure elements exist, i mean, i'm breathing in oxygen and looking at a little iron ball on my desk...

edit: p.s. make your posts more legible, unless english is not your first language, then i will let it slide.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by EPHRIAM777
Originally posted by seesaw
Well the cool thing about Europa is that some scientists believe that there might be an ocean or sea under the ice of Europa which could have ocean life. That is cool.

Eph chuckles..

Wait a sec..!!....

Are you saying that over vast amounts of time...These scientists "faith"...that there could be living things on that moon in "possibly existing oceans".....?

I'll bet that they ALSO say that the elements exist and IF left alone to develope...over vast amounts of time..and the right conditions happened...those "oceans" could be teeming with life..."fish jumping into the nets"...huh...??

Vast amounts of uninterupted time....slow ...gradual ..changes

Uh Oh.......UNIFORITARIANISM rears it's ugly head once again..."coming to a galaxy near you"...LOL

They all came from ROCKS too then...fishrocks...rockfish..??

.....Me tinks de "scientists" hav de rocks in de hed mon...! LOL

:clap:

The statements by the scientists were that it is possible that life could exist on Europa, not that it does. The surface of this Jovian moon is made up of ice plates. Due to techtonic activity, liquid water, to a depth of several miles can exist beneath this ice cover. With the reduced gravity on Europa, the pressure at the bottom of this ocean is similar to the pressure at the botttom of earth's sea near known vents that support unique ecosystems that do not need solar radiation.

Could a similar situation occur on Europa? We don't know but, unlike the Genesis myth, it would not contradict known science. But then neither would a finding of no life there.

Upvote 0