Illinois
✟40,188.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Good Morning!
Happy Hump Day (Wednesday)!!!
Last night I did Leslie Sanson's "Weight Loss Walk" there are 3 sessions on this tape and the first is for beginners. I did the 2nd and 3rd session which totals 3 miles. I didn't go for my walk in the park last night because I felt like I just wanted to relax and that's what I did. I read my "Women's World" magazine and watched a little TV. I like to watch "House" but it was a re-run.
4Ever....there is a CD called "Making things happen" Balance your life, Achieve your Goals by Susan Pazak, PHD......This is a great CD. I got it off of the Leslie Sanson web-site. Dr. Susan is wonderful and helps you reduce your stress, relax and teaches you how to achieve your goals. You can look for it at
www.lesliesansone.com
You can even email Dr. Susan at dr.susan@cox.net

Have a Great Day today and See you tomorrow!!!
Karen

Upvote 0

Karen1959

Legend
Jun 6, 2007
Illinois
✟40,188.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
:clap: No, I just play it by ear.
I have a talking pedometer but I have never used it. It has to be set to my stride.

They used to sell Leslie's videos at Target but I haven't seen that they are getting any new ones or more in.

I buy all mine used on Amazon.com.

Keep up the good work Skipper....sounds like you are doing everything right!!!

Upvote 0

Karen1959

Legend
Jun 6, 2007
Illinois
✟40,188.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Last night I went on my treadmill for one hour. I started out slow and didn't know if I was even going to make it but after about 15 minutes I started running. I slowed down a few times and worked out with my 5 lb. weights and then I would speed back up. I was dripping sweat like a water fountain. After that I had my shredded wheat for supper, took a shower and sat down to read my fitness magazines.:blush:

Upvote 0

Karen1959

Legend
Jun 6, 2007
Illinois
✟40,188.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi. I would really like to participate in this thread. You've got a good thing going here:)

I did order a used Leslie Sansone videotape at Amazon today. It's called, "Walk The Walk; Firm Walk".

It has been so hot and humid today here that I haven't exercised today because of a sinus headache. I will do better tomorrow. I ate moderately today. Didn't starve, but didn't overeat, either.

One of the major things that I've stopped since starting the Lord's Table is....well, how do I put this? Well, I had developed a habit of loading up on carbs and sweets--okay, jamming them in my mouth as fast as I could---when very anxious or very depressed. This caused my exercise and normally good habits, to be defeated in just a few minutes.

Since I've started the Lord's Table, I have learned to ask myself if I'm truly hungry or if I am just trying to comfort myself or give myself a sugar high. I've stopped binging, and I think that's the only reason I've lost 6 pounds. 'Cause I've always exercised; it's just part of my life. But binging had become an ugly part of my life that I turned to because of stress.

I know it sounds funny, but I can pray and go to God and read from the bible or a Christian book or magazine and get filled up on God's love and teach myself not to go to food until I'm truly physically hungry.

I would like to lose 10 more pounds to be at my goal weight:)
4Ever,
How are you doing today? Did you get rid of your sinus headache? Advil cold and Sinus always does the trick for me but I don't have any allergies which I know can make things worse.
Let me know when you get your Leslie Sansone Video and if you like her.
I'll be on vacation for till the 9th of July after today but I'm going to try and check back in.
Talk to you soon.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

4Everloved

Legend
Apr 18, 2007
Tennessee, USA
✟36,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi. I walked for 50 minutes at the park today. I ate soup for lunch and tried to eat sparingly for supper, as it was my son's birthday and wanted a little piece of the cake I'd made:) Just had a small piece of cake.

Waiting for my video to come, Walk the Walk.:)

Upvote 0

Karen1959

Legend
Jun 6, 2007
Illinois
✟40,188.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi. I walked for 50 minutes at the park today. I ate soup for lunch and tried to eat sparingly for supper, as it was my son's birthday and wanted a little piece of the cake I'd made:) Just had a small piece of cake.

Waiting for my video to come, Walk the Walk.:)
Doing Good!!!
I ate a cherry square last night while I was surfing on CF!!

We deserve a treat now and then for all our hard work!!

Happy birthday to your son, how old is he?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

4Everloved

Legend
Apr 18, 2007
Tennessee, USA
✟36,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi there! I got my used "Walk the Walk" video in the mail the other day. I tried it yesterday, without using any leg weights or stretchy thingies. I did use my two pound weights in my hands for the arm movements. It was quite a good workout! My two year old made me a little nervous; I kept having to see where he was so I wouldn't hit him or trip him up. (He runs circles around me, and sits on me when I lay on the floor.)^_^

The next time I do Firm Walk....I'll make sure he's taking a nap first:thumbsup:

The weight I am losing is due to the fact that I was pregnant at age 44 and had Caleb when I had just turned 45. I didn't have nearly so much trouble losing weight from my other 2 pregnancies when I was much younger. Oh, well, live and learn:angel:

Happy 4th of July!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

FollowHisPath

Senior Veteran
Jun 17, 2004
Virgina
✟12,006.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
My mom had one and I tried it with her....even tho I am perfectly healthy weight at 115 pounds. It was good at first but she started toing to fast for me (In The extreme workout...workout 4) so I had to stop.

My mom really loves that DVD and makes it a point to do it once every week or 2. She has allready lost 10 pounds just by doing that!

Reactions: 4Everloved
Upvote 0

Karen1959

Legend
Jun 6, 2007
Illinois
✟40,188.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Good Morning!

4Ever, I'm glad you liked the "Firm walk" video!!
I'm sure your son was wondering what you were doing!!! My granddaughter would do the same thing!!!
I've been off work for a week and I did a lot of running around but no videos this week.
I'll start back with my videos on Monday. Maybe I'll do the "firm Walk".

115 pounds is the perfect weight for sure!!! That is where I want to be. Leslie Sansone is great and I know we can get to our perfect weight working out with her!!!

Have a great Weekend!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Karen1959

Legend
Jun 6, 2007
Illinois
✟40,188.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Good Morning.........today is Wednesday 7/11/07
My nephew is 39 today!!! I was 9 years old when he was born.
Well I haven't posted my exercise for awhile. On Monday I did Leslie Sansone's Walk the Walk firm walk and then I did her 1 mile super challenge. Last night I went on my treadmill for an hour (62 minutes). I walked, speed walked, jogged, climbed and lifted my hand weights.
How is everyone doing on their exercise programs????
Let me know!!!
Have a great Day!!:wave:

Upvote 0

4Everloved

Legend
Apr 18, 2007
Tennessee, USA
✟36,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi. I want to get one of the more aerobic type workouts from Leslie Sansone; I will look into ordering some real soon.

I've been staying on my treadmill about an average of 45 minutes 3 times a week. When it is not to awfully hot, I walk outside.

My stomach is shrinking and I've lost an inch on my waistline. I seem to have to eat smaller meals, as a big meal is uncomfortable to me now.:)

I'm continuing in The Lord's Table bible study at Setting the Captives Free and it is very much of help to me.

Upvote 0

Karen1959

Legend
Jun 6, 2007
Illinois
✟40,188.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi. I want to get one of the more aerobic type workouts from Leslie Sansone; I will look into ordering some real soon.

I've been staying on my treadmill about an average of 45 minutes 3 times a week. When it is not to awfully hot, I walk outside.

My stomach is shrinking and I've lost an inch on my waistline. I seem to have to eat smaller meals, as a big meal is uncomfortable to me now.:)

I'm continuing in The Lord's Table bible study at Setting the Captives Free and it is very much of help to me.
You are doing soooooooooooooooooo GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!
Good to hear from you!!! Did you notice that I got out my walk the walk firm walk???? That really is a good 40 minute toning work out!!!
Check out www.amazon.com for used Leslie Sansone videos. Do you prefer VHS???? I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a Happy Wednesday...................

Reactions: 4Everloved
Upvote 0

Karen1959

Legend
Jun 6, 2007
Illinois
✟40,188.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Good Morning!!

I worked out on the treadmill again last night for an hour. I don't think I will be able to tonight because my legs are sore and feeling weak. My muscles are also feeling it from the climbing and running.

Tonight I think I will do either a 2 or 3 mile Leslie Sansone video. Maybe walk in the park too.

Happy Thursday..................Have a Great Day!!!:wave:

Upvote 0

Karen1959

Legend
Jun 6, 2007
Illinois
✟40,188.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hellooooooooooooooooooooo
TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where is everyone??? Did you all leave me alone in my thread again?????
Last night I did Leslie Sansone's 3 mile power walk which is part of the in-home walking series. There is a lot of arm work in this video. I need the arm work because when I wave goodbye to someone my arm giggles all over like a sack of jello.:wave:
On July 23rd I'm going to start a Jazzersize class! I posted a thread on it but got NO replies!!:cry:

Have a great weekend everyone.:hug:

Upvote 0