Jun 6, 2007
Illinois
✟40,188.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi 4Ever!!!
50 minutes on the treadmill is Excellent!!! Did you do any climbing, jogging or speed walking? What speed do you walk at?
Oh......do you have an IFIT treadmill?
I love my treadmill....it's an IFIT... it's 6 years old now but in good shape.
Last night I went grocery shopping like I do every monday night so on Mondays I do a short work out. I did Leslie Sansone's "Miracle Mile" and there is 5 minutes of toning at the end of the mile. Lunges, push-ups and crunches. I think you would like that video.
I'll probably go on the treadmill tonight. Next week I'm starting Jazzersize!! Have you ever done that?
Let me know how you're doing..............I'll be waiting to hear from you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Karen1959

Legend
Jun 6, 2007
Illinois
✟40,188.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well..............time for me to go home.
I will be going on my treadmill tonight for an hour I hope. If not maybe I will take a walk if it isn't too hot outside after all the rain we had. The sun is shining out there now nice and bright.
Adios Amigas and Amigos!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

4Everloved

Legend
Apr 18, 2007
Tennessee, USA
✟36,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Pro-Form with cross-walk bars to work out the arms. I vary from about 3.2 to 5.2 miles per hour. I don't like to stay at the same speed constantly. I also like to go uphill and break into a sweat and jog intermittedly. I only did 30 minutes on the treadmill today, but I also walked outside some, too.

I've never had much of a problem with exercise. I like to exercise and have pretty much stayed in shape all of my life. It's eating that I've had a problem with. At certain times of my life I starved myself alot. Then other times, I ate too much.

Since I started the course at The Lord's Table, I have changed my eating habits. It's the Lord helping me. It's a phenomenal course and kind of hard to explain. I don't do the fasting; I took plan 2 which is more or less smaller portions and not eating unless your tummy is empty and grumbly, if that makes any sense. In other words, not eating unless I really need to eat.

When I started about 6 weeks ago, I weighed 130. I now weigh 123. I'm not sure how many more pounds I want to lose. At certain times in my life I have gotten caught up with losing a little too much weight and then I obcess about being thin, and I idolize being thin over my Lord and Saviour. I don't want to do that.

The bible studies at The Lord's Table set my mind straight. I've had wrong thinking about food for a long, long time. I have used food to comfort myself and relieve anxiety and give a false, sugar high when depressed. Because of this, ever since I had my Caleb 2 years ago, I continued to stay fat even though I was exercising.

For me it's about the eating more than the exercise. But I know every person is different.

Upvote 0

Karen1959

Legend
Jun 6, 2007
Illinois
✟40,188.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I love to walk away the ponds it is the only progame that has worked with me and it is so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes!!!!!!!! I love the walk away the pounds videos.....they are lots of fun. I have just about all of them!!
Thanks for your comment!!!

Upvote 0

4Everloved

Legend
Apr 18, 2007
Tennessee, USA
✟36,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Here is an example of the e-mail that I got today in response to my lesson that I did today. Even the automatic responses are very encouraging and helpful.

Every day, I read the Word and fill out the answers and my mentor goes through it and responds to me personally by e-mail. She also prays for me.

This is the automated response though. I get one of these, too, every time I fill out a lesson. The lesson asks if you read the Word, if you exercised and for how long, and asks if you were disciplined with your eating.

It's helped me so much that I want to post a little here to encourage anyone else who might benefit from this.

As I said, I love to exercise. It's been overeating that's been my problem for the most part. No matter how many miles I run or walk on the treadmill, if I eat half a cake and gorge down a bag of licorice--I won't lose weight.

Here's today's automated response to my lesson:

Greetings!

Interacting with the Scriptures and praying how best to apply them to our
situation is always beneficial, and we hope that today's lesson challenged,
encouraged, and blessed you. We pray that the more you study the Word of God,
the more you'll grow to love it. Within the covers of this precious book, The
Holy Bible, we can find what we need for every situation we'll ever encounter in
our lives.

Unfortunately, many know the Word and know it well, but don't apply God's
directives. How often we treat the Bible casually, as if it's a novel written
for our entertainment, when in fact, we are reading words directly from the
mouth of God. Think about that for a moment. The Bible is God speaking to us!
It's God's written Word, to teach us how to live and to reveal to us His nature.

James 1:22 tells us to be "doers of the Word, not hearers only," and 2 Timothy
2:15 says, "Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who
does not need to be ashamed, handling accurately the word of truth."

If we are not obeying His Word, we aren't accurately handling His word of truth.
We have to obey, and as we submit ourselves to the Lord and His word, we'll lose
weight because we'll desire to know and love Him more than we will desire to
indulge ourselves with food.

The natural result of hungering more for God is hungering less for the things of
this world, and that includes food. Job 23:12 says, "I have treasured the words
of His mouth more than my necessary food."

We pray this is so with you. Tomorrow's lesson is on how to "live for pleasure,"
i.e. the greatest pleasure there is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Karen1959

Legend
Jun 6, 2007
Illinois
✟40,188.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
wow you guys work out alot, i only walk 1 mile a day, i think in a few weeks i am going to bump it up to 1 mile in the morning and 1 mile at night.
That would be great!!! Walking is so good for you and Leslie's videos are so easy to follow and they give you a good work-out too!!
Have you ever tried any Denise Austin videos? She has a good indoor walking video and so does Kathy Smith!!
Have a great Day today!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Karen1959

Legend
Jun 6, 2007
Illinois
✟40,188.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Good Morning All!!
Happy Thursday 7/19/07!!!
Last night I went on my treadmill for 65 minutes. I wore these "slimming pants" under my work out pants and man did they make me sweat......I was drenched just like I just stepped out of a pool. I think it was a little too much for me because it zapped every ounce of energy out of me for the night.
Hope you all have a great day today!!!

Upvote 0

Karen1959

Legend
Jun 6, 2007
Illinois
✟40,188.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Good Morning
TGIF!!!!!!!! It's Friday morning!! Does anyone have big plans for the weekend?
Last night I worked out with an old video by "Redbook" called "Fat to Firm". It was 45 minutes of changing between aerobics and toning. It was a good work out. I had high fiber cereal and an English Muffin for supper last night. I put reduced calorie peanut butter and sugar free jelly on the muffin.
Tonight I will probably go back on the treadmill but I have to admit for some reason I am feeling totally exhausted and I'm pushing myself to the point that I feel like a truck ran over me.:swoon:

Have a Great Weekend!!!!:wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

4Everloved

Legend
Apr 18, 2007
Tennessee, USA
✟36,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Once I get some money....I'd like to send for some more videos like the ones you are talking about, Karen. Right now I'm kind of strapped financially, even 5 dollars is too much! I can't wait to try some new walking/exercise tapes. I do get tired of the treadmill.

Yesterday I walked outside for 2 miles. It was hot.

I bought a pair of khaki capris one size too small that are a little tight--hoping it will encourage me to keep exercising and eating less. They're not really all that tight.

Happy Friday, Karen! Happy Friday, everyone.

Have a blessed weekend!

Upvote 0

Karen1959

Legend
Jun 6, 2007
Illinois
✟40,188.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Once I get some money....I'd like to send for some more videos like the ones you are talking about, Karen. Right now I'm kind of strapped financially, even 5 dollars is too much! I can't wait to try some new walking/exercise tapes. I do get tired of the treadmill.

Yesterday I walked outside for 2 miles. It was hot.

I bought a pair of khaki capris one size too small that are a little tight--hoping it will encourage me to keep exercising and eating less. They're not really all that tight.

Happy Friday, Karen! Happy Friday, everyone.

Have a blessed weekend!
thank you 4Ever!

Sometimes they will have used exercise videos at a garage sale too. I have some I could send you if you want. Let me know. (they are VHS)

Upvote 0

Karen1959

Legend
Jun 6, 2007
Illinois
✟40,188.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
oh, i am so FAT i binged all week-end but to make up for it tommarow i am going to start walking two miles a day...PRAY FOR ME I WILL NEED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The weekends are so easy to go on a binge!!!

I had a funnel cake and an ice cream cone with my Granddaughter at the festival!!!! YIKES!!!

Let's get out there and WALK IT OFF!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0