Legend
Jun 6, 2007
Illinois
✟40,188.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
There's some new paths and trails in the park right down the street from where I live. I usually go for a walk in the park after I do a work-out video.
My granddaughter loves to go to the park with me. The only problem is...it's so hard to get her to leave when I'm ready to go!!

Reactions: It's Mee
Upvote 0

Karen1959

Legend
Jun 6, 2007
Illinois
✟40,188.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Goodmorning!!
Last night I did a 2 mile walking video with Leslie and her fitness instructors. It was called "Walk away the pounds for Abs 2 mile walk"
I usually walk in the park after dinner but I got my hair colored last night so I didn't get to go for my walk.
Have a Happy Thursday!!

Upvote 0

Karen1959

Legend
Jun 6, 2007
Illinois
✟40,188.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Goodmorning!!!
Last night I did the 3 mile walk away the pounds walk for abs. I went for a walk in the park and walked about a mile and a half. I thought the rain was going to put a damper on things but it didn't.
Have a Great Day!!!

Upvote 0

Karen1959

Legend
Jun 6, 2007
Illinois
✟40,188.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Good Morning!!
Here it is Wednesday morning already. How is everyone today?
I did Leslie Sansone "Walk and Kick" last night...it's a walking and kickboxing video. After... I went for a 40 minute walk on the paths down the street from my house.
It was a beautiful night for a walk last night.
Have a Great Day!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Karen1959

Legend
Jun 6, 2007
Illinois
✟40,188.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Good Morning!!! It's Thursday already!!
Last night I went on my treadmill for an hour!! I did speed walking and then running and I lifted my 5 pound hand weights while walking. I worked biceps, triceps, chest and shoulders.
I then headed out for my walk in the park. I ran into my neighbor on my first lap and stood and talked for 30 minutes. I only did one more lap and went home because it was getting late. I was glad to see her though and we had a nice chat.
Have a wonderful day today!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Karen1959

Legend
Jun 6, 2007
Illinois
✟40,188.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Good Night,
It's time to go home now.
I'm not sure which work-out I will do tonight. I will let you know tomorrow.
Have a great evening and remember:
The more you sit the more you want to sit
The more you move the more you want to move!!!!
Good Night.

Upvote 0

Karen1959

Legend
Jun 6, 2007
Illinois
✟40,188.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, I haven't heard from anyone. Is there anyone out there that has ever worked out with Leslie Sansone? I would love to go to one of her classed at her studio in person........that would be wonderful. Someday I would really love to be a walk aerobics instructor. Do you think I could do it?

Anyway, Last night I did Leslie's video called "Walk Your Way" for jenny craig followers. Then I did a toning video by Redbook and then I went for a 30 minute walk in the park.
I went around the circled path 4 times.
My toes are so sore!!!!!!!!! OUCH!!!!!!

Have A GREAT weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TGIF

Upvote 0

dollface

Jun 5, 2006
✟7,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have never done Leslie's workout. As far as workout dvds go, my favorite is the Cindy Crawford Next Challenge. You should try it sometime. It is not an aerobic workout, it is more of a strength training workout. Make sure that you incorporate strength training at least 3 times a week and you will see a lot more results.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

4Everloved

Legend
Apr 18, 2007
Tennessee, USA
✟36,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I want to try Leslie Sansone. Is it hard? Does it take coordination? I'm somewhat physically fit, but I seem to have two left feet.

Boy, it sounds like fun, though.

I have a treadmill too, Karen, and I enjoy it alot. It has arm movement handles that I use sometimes for arm movements, and I also keep 2 pound weights handy for use on the treadmill.

But Leslie Sansone walking sounds like it would be a nice change. I need to change up things once in awhile so I don't get bored.

Tell me more about those videos and the level of difficulty. I'm interested! I just found this forum tonight.

I've lost 6 pounds in the last 19 days. I'm doing an online course called, "The Lord's Table". It has helped me alot. It helps me spiritually to seek after God so that I'm not over-filling on food. Also, they encourage daily exercise and give you a mentor. I have an accountability partner, too.

I would like some different ways to exercise than getting on the treadmill though.

Upvote 0

Karen1959

Legend
Jun 6, 2007
Illinois
✟40,188.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Good morning!!
It's Monday again!!! Here we go.......
4Everloved...6 pounds is a lot to lose in 19 days!! Holy Cow!! I'll have to check out that course "the Lord's Table". I think you would like Leslie's videos, the only thing is she does like to talk and sometimes you just have to tune her out but I like to listen to just about everything she is gabbing about!!!
Dollface, I do have that Cindy Crawford work-out video!!
That's a great video!!! I really do need to start doing more strength training!!!
I didn't do any videos over the weekend but I did speed walk in the park on the trails and did a lot of house work!!
Have a Wonderful Week everyone!!
Karen

Upvote 0

Karen1959

Legend
Jun 6, 2007
Illinois
✟40,188.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello-oooooooooooooooooo
Well last night I went on the treadmill and speed walked and jogged and did my upper body with weights exercises for 45 minutes. I then walked in the park for 40 minutes. Mondays are my grocery shopping days and I usually don't do that much on Monday's but the walk in the park was just to get away from Tom because he was being a CRABBY old man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was glad that I walked!! I walked 4 times around the circle but I started out real slow and then by the end I was going at a good pace of about 4mph.
Hope your day is going good.......until next time.

Upvote 0

4Everloved

Legend
Apr 18, 2007
Tennessee, USA
✟36,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi. I would really like to participate in this thread. You've got a good thing going here:)

I did order a used Leslie Sansone videotape at Amazon today. It's called, "Walk The Walk; Firm Walk".

It has been so hot and humid today here that I haven't exercised today because of a sinus headache. I will do better tomorrow. I ate moderately today. Didn't starve, but didn't overeat, either.

One of the major things that I've stopped since starting the Lord's Table is....well, how do I put this? Well, I had developed a habit of loading up on carbs and sweets--okay, jamming them in my mouth as fast as I could---when very anxious or very depressed. This caused my exercise and normally good habits, to be defeated in just a few minutes.

Since I've started the Lord's Table, I have learned to ask myself if I'm truly hungry or if I am just trying to comfort myself or give myself a sugar high. I've stopped binging, and I think that's the only reason I've lost 6 pounds. 'Cause I've always exercised; it's just part of my life. But binging had become an ugly part of my life that I turned to because of stress.

I know it sounds funny, but I can pray and go to God and read from the bible or a Christian book or magazine and get filled up on God's love and teach myself not to go to food until I'm truly physically hungry.

I would like to lose 10 more pounds to be at my goal weight:)

Upvote 0

Karen1959

Legend
Jun 6, 2007
Illinois
✟40,188.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi 4Ever
good to hear from you!!
I have walk the walk firm walk and I really like it. It's all firming. I use both the firming and walk aerobics videos.
I have been listening to some inspirational CD's for my stress an anxiety and they do help.
I'll be back tomorrow, it's time to go to bed now.
I'll report my exercise that I did tonight in my post tomorrow.
Have a good night.
Talk soon,
Karen

Upvote 0